Professional Web Applications Themes

about template - PHP Development

  1. #1

    Default Re: about template

    > 1) which one template is better for my scenario?
    > smarty or phpLib?
    Sorry, don't know. I've never used one of these.
    But for your second problem, you only could use JavaScript if the form
    should not be submitted for that dynamic thing, because javascript runs
    on the client and php on the server.

    christian

    > 2) QUESTION using template:
    > how about this scenario:
    > Inside a form I have two combos:
    > the user choice of the first one determines the values shown into the second
    > one
    > OR
    > the user check of a checkbox determines the presence or not of some input
    > fields
    > SO
    > how about html defined dinamically during the user interaction?
    > how can I define a template for it?
    >
    > (now I have something like...
    > if($user_choice=="first")
    > then
    > print("<INPUT.....>")!
    > !#$%!)
    >
    > many thanks in advance!
    >

    > laura

    Henschel Guest

  2. #2

    > 1) which one template is better for my scenario?
    > smarty or phpLib?
    Sorry, don't know. I've never used one of these.
    But for your second problem, you only could use JavaScript if the form
    should not be submitted for that dynamic thing, because javascript runs
    on the client and php on the server.

    christian

    > 2) QUESTION using template:
    > how about this scenario:
    > Inside a form I have two combos:
    > the user choice of the first one determines the values shown into the second
    > one
    > OR
    > the user check of a checkbox determines the presence or not of some input
    > fields
    > SO
    > how about html defined dinamically during the user interaction?
    > how can I define a template for it?
    >
    > (now I have something like...
    > if($user_choice=="first")
    > then
    > print("<INPUT.....>")!
    > !#$%!)
    >
    > many thanks in advance!
    >

    > laura

    Henschel Guest

  3. #3

    "laura" <biru43yahoo.it> wrote in message
    > **separate logic from pres:
    > - using template
    >
    > 1) which one template is better for my scenario?
    > smarty or phpLib?
    Hi, to add to confusion, you could also try TemplateTamer, it comes with
    development environment suited for template based development, and encourges
    OO development.
    > 2) QUESTION using template:
    > how about this scenario:
    > Inside a form I have two combos:
    > the user choice of the first one determines the values shown into the
    second
    > one
    > OR
    > the user check of a checkbox determines the presence or not of some input
    > fields
    > SO
    > how about html defined dinamically during the user interaction?
    > how can I define a template for it?
    I think that the javascript variant is more user friendly, but of course you
    need to create templates, that you will populate correctly in order to have
    proper javascript. Here is an example of such page developed with TT, at the
    bottom in the archieve, when you click on some category, javascript shows
    advices from that category (without reloading an page). Similar could be
    achived for second combo box.

    [url]http://www.moj-posao.net/jseeker_lawyer_list.php?languageId=EN[/url]

    php program connects to the database, and creates proper javascript on the
    fly by using templates. (you would for instace have template for one
    category, and subtemplates for items in that category, and then you would
    repeat whole bunch as many times as you would like).

    If you are going to use TT, and get stuck, let me know, and I might offer
    some additional advice, if needed.

    rush
    --
    [url]http://www.templatetamer.com/[/url]

    rush Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Hey,
    As far as templates go, create your own. I have no clue what smarty of
    phpLib are, but if you want a site that looks like how YOU want it to
    look, then you gotta make your own. Learn some CSS and that will help
    you a lot.

    -Eric Kincl

    Henschel wrote:

    >> 1) which one template is better for my scenario?
    >> smarty or phpLib?
    >

    > Sorry, don't know. I've never used one of these.
    > But for your second problem, you only could use JavaScript if the form
    > should not be submitted for that dynamic thing, because javascript runs
    > on the client and php on the server.
    >
    > christian
    >

    >> 2) QUESTION using template:
    >> how about this scenario:
    >> Inside a form I have two combos:
    >> the user choice of the first one determines the values shown into the
    >> second
    >> one
    >> OR
    >> the user check of a checkbox determines the presence or not of some input
    >> fields
    >> SO
    >> how about html defined dinamically during the user interaction?
    >> how can I define a template for it?
    >>
    >> (now I have something like...
    >> if($user_choice=="first")
    >> then
    >> print("<INPUT.....>")!
    >> !#$%!)
    >>
    >> many thanks in advance!
    >>

    >> laura

    Eric Kincl Guest

  6. #6

    Henschel wrote:

    >> 1) which one template is better for my scenario?
    >> smarty or phpLib?
    >

    > Sorry, don't know. I've never used one of these.
    > But for your second problem, you only could use JavaScript if the form
    > should not be submitted for that dynamic thing, because javascript runs
    > on the client and php on the server.
    >
    > christian
    >

    >> 2) QUESTION using template:
    >> how about this scenario:
    >> Inside a form I have two combos:
    >> the user choice of the first one determines the values shown into the
    >> second
    >> one
    >> OR
    >> the user check of a checkbox determines the presence or not of some input
    >> fields
    >> SO
    >> how about html defined dinamically during the user interaction?
    >> how can I define a template for it?
    >>
    >> (now I have something like...
    >> if($user_choice=="first")
    >> then
    >> print("<INPUT.....>")!
    >> !#$%!)
    >>
    >> many thanks in advance!
    >>

    >> laura

    Eric Kincl Guest

  7. #7

    > As far as templates go, create your own. I have no clue what smarty of
    > phpLib are, but if you want a site that looks like how YOU want it to
    > look, then you gotta make your own. Learn some CSS and that will help
    > you a lot.
    Laura phpLib and Smarty are template enngines (phpLib is actually a library
    containing one among other things). So Laura was not asking for html
    template, but for engine that drives them.

    rush
    --
    [url]http://www.templatetamer.com/[/url]

    "Eric Kincl" <EricKincl.net> wrote in message

    rush Guest

  8. #8