Professional Web Applications Themes

Access 2000 locking up in Windows XP - Microsoft Access

I hope I can describe this problem. I have an Access 2000 with a SQL 2000 back end application. The following problem only seems to exist when running in a Windows XP (Professional or Home) environment. After the user enters some data and starts the application to run a Model/Popup form is displayed that simply says "Standby, Processing Data". At the end of the process the Standby form is closed and a msgbox is displayed letting the user know that the job has completed, any errors encountered, and total processing time. Here is where the problems begin. After clicking OK ...

  1. #1

    Default Access 2000 locking up in Windows XP

    I hope I can describe this problem. I have an Access 2000
    with a SQL 2000 back end application. The following
    problem only seems to exist when running in a Windows XP
    (Professional or Home) environment.

    After the user enters some data and starts the application
    to run a Model/Popup form is displayed that simply
    says "Standby, Processing Data". At the end of the
    process the Standby form is closed and a msgbox is
    displayed letting the user know that the job has
    completed, any errors encountered, and total processing
    time. Here is where the problems begin. After clicking
    OK on the msgbox and, if the user has done nothing else on
    the computer while the program was processing, then the
    user can close the program and all is well. However, if
    the user has gone to any other program while the program
    was running, after click the OK button on the msgbox the
    last program the user was using comes back to the screen
    and the access application is locked up. The only way to
    close the application is the use the task manager and
    ending the program. Does anyone have any idea what might
    be causing this? As I said this only appears to happen
    when running the application in Windows XP

    Thanks

    Gary

    Gary Wheeler Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Access 2000 locking up in Windows XP

    it could be an application issue, however, how about if you try moduless
    form? did you upgrade Windows critical patch?

    "Gary Wheeler" <gwheelerpacbell.net> wrote in message
    > I hope I can describe this problem. I have an Access 2000
    > with a SQL 2000 back end application. The following
    > problem only seems to exist when running in a Windows XP
    > (Professional or Home) environment.
    >
    > After the user enters some data and starts the application
    > to run a Model/Popup form is displayed that simply
    > says "Standby, Processing Data". At the end of the
    > process the Standby form is closed and a msgbox is
    > displayed letting the user know that the job has
    > completed, any errors encountered, and total processing
    > time. Here is where the problems begin. After clicking
    > OK on the msgbox and, if the user has done nothing else on
    > the computer while the program was processing, then the
    > user can close the program and all is well. However, if
    > the user has gone to any other program while the program
    > was running, after click the OK button on the msgbox the
    > last program the user was using comes back to the screen
    > and the access application is locked up. The only way to
    > close the application is the use the task manager and
    > ending the program. Does anyone have any idea what might
    > be causing this? As I said this only appears to happen
    > when running the application in Windows XP
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gary

    sql&access Guest