My web app that uses VBCOM+ components to access SQLServer2000 via SPs had
an access violation today when two users were simultaneously look at the
precisely the same information on the same customer (one was training the
other using two machines) and I received the Access violation error. This
has not happened before in two years (but no one probably every came close
to this situation).

I thought that SQL Server would just queue requests if a record was in use
or locked and should never throw an error like this (unless millions were
hitting the DB at the same time).

Is there a way to programmatically avoid this error? Can anyone direct me to
something to read about this?

Thanks.

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Error Number: -2147217900