Professional Web Applications Themes

Acrobat 6 Profesional, Word PDF conversion errors - HELP! but was working - Adobe Acrobat Windows

Sorry if this has been addressed before. When I try to convert a Word doent to PDF I get the following message from the printers folder popup: There was a error found when printing the doent "Microsoft Word - filename to My Doents\*.pdf. Do you want to cancel or retry the job. I am not trying to print or save to that directory. Any tips for how I can fix this would be extremely helpful - I am not in a position to download additional software. I *do* have Adobe 5 installed, however this was working recently. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Acrobat 6 Profesional, Word PDF conversion errors - HELP! but was working

  2. #2

    Default Re: Acrobat 6 Profesional, Word PDF conversion errors - after doing critical updates from MS

    Also, I have read the techncial support doents regarding PDF Maker and Word - None of the suggestions seem to help.

  3. #3

    I am trying to convert Word file to PDF, and I get an error message for insufficient memory. What gives? And if I continue with the conversion, what happens?

    Jon
    Jon_Leer@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Try printing to the distiller instead of the PDFWriter.

    Also, if your doent has form fields or text drop down fields, it may give you trouble if you created them in Word and didn't use the Adobe Forms process.
    Ann_Dillard@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Originally I printed my Word doc to Adobe Distiller. PDF looked great but none of the table of contents hyperlinks carried over. My understanding is that you need to use PDFmaker to carryover the links.
    Jon_Leer@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    That message sounds like where the Adobe PDF printer sends PDF. You might check to see if the Windows update blew away your PDF (printer) Port.
    kay_anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    E>@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  8. #8

    E, one of the very recent MS updates did clobber Windows handling of EMF and WMF files. This link for more info was posted by a user in the FrameMaker forum:

    <http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=Update+emf&dg=&cat=en&lang=en&c r=&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=>
    Sheila_Carlisle@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I am trying to convert a Word 2000 file of approx 7.5 megs. The file is large becuase of many high quality Jpegs and Gifs. When I try to convert it it trys to create a file of 137 megs. It brings my system to a hault. Ironically, I sent the file to a friend, and he converted it within seconds using the same Acrobat 6 Pro, as I use. Lasty my Acrobat program has converted large image files of 100 megs in a matter of seconds with no problem, but this one MS Word 2000 file is causing me problems. Does this make any sense? Am I missing something simple, HELP!
    Kirk_Wassell@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Clearifacation: This error has nothing to do with Windows critical updates. I did not realize what message this was being posted regarding. It is just a general error.
    Kirk_Wassell@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    I, too, have a problem between Word 2000 and Adobe PDFMaker. When I try to convert the data gets converted then sent to the printer, at which point the printer dialogue box pops up briefly to say that there was an error. I tried downloading the latest updates and installed again, but no help. Any suggestions, please?
    john_newall@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    John,

    That is also part of my problem as you stated. I am in contact with Adobe. They are trying to solve this issue and if they do I will post the solution here. Thanks for responding. I normally dont work with word, but my customer requires a manual done in word, so I must use it rather than InDesign. I have sent Adobe the file I am working with and they too have had a problem converting it properly. Lastly I have a friend who used Acrobat 6Pro and converted it correctly reducing the 7.5 meg file to 2 megs. Thus far this is a mystery to me.
    Kirk_Wassell@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    I am looking for a professional image conversion program, any good suggestion?
    WillardPDF is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2013
    Location
    CA