Professional Web Applications Themes

Activation - Adobe Indesign Windows

When I purchased InDesign CS 1.0, it did not require activation, allowing me to install it on my laptop and desktop. I'm recommending it for a friend of mine and I want to know if the current version 1.1, requires activation. By activation, I don't mean inserting your serial number, I mean where the software has to contact Adobe through internet or through the user calling, before it wil work....

  1. #1

    Default Activation

    Scott_Messinger@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Activation

    Isn't it only Photoshop CS (for Windows) that requires activation?

    rgrds
    George
    George_Bilalis@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    the current version 1.1

    The current version has a slightly higher number.

    I believe PSCS is the only product in the suite that requires activation.

    Why would your friend not "purchase" it if it required activation?
    graffiti Guest

  4. #4

    Only PS requires activation and you should note that you can still
    activate on a desktop and laptop with no problem.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks so much for your replies! Graffiti, good question. I more wanted to let him know what he's getting into. If he would have needed two licenses for his laptop and desktop, that could be quite an unwelcome surprise.
    Scott_Messinger@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Scott

    As long as the two copies aren't being used at the same time, your friend can install it on both the laptop and the desktop (according to the EULA)

    Art
    Art_Schneider@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Art_Schneider@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I have a problem I am using my key that I got with the last one, But it will
    not activate tells me I have to change key. I had the problem with the last
    one but was able to call in and get it activated. Now it does not give me
    the phone number to call in. Any help
    Thanks

    t Guest

  9. #9

    For a start, go to Start, Control Panel, Welcome Center and check which
    version of Vista you are running. Most likely Ultimate, but best to check
    anyway. Login to Connect/MSDN and check for where the keys are. Select
    "Generate new key" and use the key of the version you are running. Business,
    Home Basic and Ultimate all have different keys. After that, try activation
    again.

    --
    Zack Whittaker
    ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]

    --- Original message follows ---
    "t" <aa.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem I am using my key that I got with the last one, But it
    >will not activate tells me I have to change key. I had the problem with the
    >last one but was able to call in and get it activated. Now it does not give
    >me the phone number to call in. Any help
    > Thanks

    Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\) Guest

  10. #10

    What is the connect/MSDN site I only have MSDN site that I sign in with my
    Cert number.

    "Zack Whittaker (R2 Mentor)" <adminzacknet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > For a start, go to Start, Control Panel, Welcome Center and check which
    > version of Vista you are running. Most likely Ultimate, but best to check
    > anyway. Login to Connect/MSDN and check for where the keys are. Select
    > "Generate new key" and use the key of the version you are running.
    > Business, Home Basic and Ultimate all have different keys. After that, try
    > activation again.
    >
    > --
    > Zack Whittaker
    > ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]
    > MSBlog on ResDev: [url]www.msblog.org[/url]
    > Vista Knowledge Base: [url]www.vistabase.co.uk[/url]
    > This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.
    > All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not of my
    > employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared that
    > up!
    >

    > --- Original message follows ---
    > "t" <aa.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a problem I am using my key that I got with the last one, But it
    >>will not activate tells me I have to change key. I had the problem with
    >>the last one but was able to call in and get it activated. Now it does not
    >>give me the phone number to call in. Any help
    >> Thanks

    t Guest

  11. #11

    Well, ignore the Connect site and log into MSDN and obtain a new key,
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com[/url]
    You might also want to post this issue in the microsoft.public.msdn.general
    newsgroup
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | [url]http://www.extended64.com[/url]

    "t" <aa.com> wrote in message
    > What is the connect/MSDN site I only have MSDN site that I sign in with my
    > Cert number.
    >
    > "Zack Whittaker (R2 Mentor)" <adminzacknet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> For a start, go to Start, Control Panel, Welcome Center and check which
    >> version of Vista you are running. Most likely Ultimate, but best to check
    >> anyway. Login to Connect/MSDN and check for where the keys are. Select
    >> "Generate new key" and use the key of the version you are running.
    >> Business, Home Basic and Ultimate all have different keys. After that,
    >> try activation again.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Zack Whittaker
    >> ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]
    >> MSBlog on ResDev: [url]www.msblog.org[/url]
    >> Vista Knowledge Base: [url]www.vistabase.co.uk[/url]
    >> This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
    >> rights.
    >> All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not of
    >> my
    >> employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared that
    >> up!
    >>

    >> --- Original message follows ---
    >> "t" <aa.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have a problem I am using my key that I got with the last one, But it
    >>>will not activate tells me I have to change key. I had the problem with
    >>>the last one but was able to call in and get it activated. Now it does
    >>>not give me the phone number to call in. Any help
    >>> Thanks

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] Guest

  12. #12

    Will not let me get a new key. Tells me that I am not loged in. But I am.
    I am using the Ultimate Ver.6 built 5308
    So whats up .
    Why Cant I get a new key. I was told that it is only one key that everyone
    gets untill the CPP release.
    Help!!!!!!

    "Zack Whittaker (R2 Mentor)" <adminzacknet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > For a start, go to Start, Control Panel, Welcome Center and check which
    > version of Vista you are running. Most likely Ultimate, but best to check
    > anyway. Login to Connect/MSDN and check for where the keys are. Select
    > "Generate new key" and use the key of the version you are running.
    > Business, Home Basic and Ultimate all have different keys. After that, try
    > activation again.
    >
    > --
    > Zack Whittaker
    > ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]
    > MSBlog on ResDev: [url]www.msblog.org[/url]
    > Vista Knowledge Base: [url]www.vistabase.co.uk[/url]
    > This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.
    > All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not of my
    > employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared that
    > up!
    >

    > --- Original message follows ---
    > "t" <aa.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a problem I am using my key that I got with the last one, But it
    >>will not activate tells me I have to change key. I had the problem with
    >>the last one but was able to call in and get it activated. Now it does not
    >>give me the phone number to call in. Any help
    >> Thanks

    t Guest

  13. #13

    There is no product key area on the MSDN site I got my key in an email from
    Microsoft I got two keys from them one for client and the other for server.
    I used the same key from 5270 and that one worked with 5270 and it was the
    same key that I got in email now.

    t Guest

  14. #14

    Try consulting MSDN admin directly then, they should help. I'm not sure if
    the Longhorn Beta Team can help or not... but I'll try and find out for you
    and get them to give you a bell :o)

  15. #15

    Ok my email is [email]tballa02sympatico.ca[/email]
    I dont know if your Ver of Vista is the same but I am willing to send you my
    key if you can send me yours.
    I know that I am not to do that but I am not getting far with MSDN site or
    help from them they keep telling me it should work.fine but I see others are
    having the same problem in the forums on the MSDN site

    Thanks
    Tony

    > Try consulting MSDN admin directly then, they should help. I'm not sure if
    > the Longhorn Beta Team can help or not... but I'll try and find out for
    > you and get them to give you a bell :o)
    >
    > --
    > Zack Whittaker
    > ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]
    > MSBlog on ResDev: [url]www.msblog.org[/url]
    > Vista Knowledge Base: [url]www.vistabase.co.uk[/url]
    > This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.
    > All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not of my
    > employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared that
    > up!
    >

    > --- Original message follows ---
    > "t" <aa.com> wrote in message
    >> Will not let me get a new key. Tells me that I am not loged in. But I am.
    >> I am using the Ultimate Ver.6 built 5308
    >> So whats up .
    >> Why Cant I get a new key. I was told that it is only one key that
    >> everyone gets untill the CPP release.
    >> Help!!!!!!
    >>

    >> "Zack Whittaker (R2 Mentor)" <adminzacknet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> For a start, go to Start, Control Panel, Welcome Center and check which
    >>> version of Vista you are running. Most likely Ultimate, but best to
    >>> check anyway. Login to Connect/MSDN and check for where the keys are.
    >>> Select "Generate new key" and use the key of the version you are
    >>> running. Business, Home Basic and Ultimate all have different keys.
    >>> After that, try activation again.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Zack Whittaker
    >>> ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]
    >>> MSBlog on ResDev: [url]www.msblog.org[/url]
    >>> Vista Knowledge Base: [url]www.vistabase.co.uk[/url]
    >>> This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
    >>> rights.
    >>> All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not of
    >>> my
    >>> employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared that
    >>> up!
    >>>

    >>> --- Original message follows ---

    t Guest

  16. #16

    Just got nother key from MSDN admin and it worked so I am off and working.
    Thanks for all your help everyone.
    If you have any questions for me about Vista I will help.

    t Guest