Professional Web Applications Themes

ActiveX - Macromedia Director Lingo

I am have trouble making the internet keys on my keyboard to work, it tells me to activate ActiveX but I have already gone into tools/options/secruity/ect and activated all the activex options and it still doesn't work, what do I need to do? Phil...

  1. #1

    Default ActiveX

    I am have trouble making the internet keys on my keyboard
    to work, it tells me to activate ActiveX but I have
    already gone into tools/options/secruity/ect and
    activated all the activex options and it still doesn't
    work, what do I need to do?

    Phil
    Phil Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: ActiveX

    What tells you to activate ActiveX? The web site for your keyboard
    manufacturer? Do they want to download activex controls to run your
    keyboard keys? That seems odd, but if so, put their web site in your
    Trusted Zone.

    If you aren't going to a web site, I don't know how you are going to get
    an ActiveX control installed. If your installer is telling you to change
    your activex settings, then I don't know what that installer is trying
    to do -- open you up for spyware?

    --
    Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows

    "Phil" <poostfamdfnow.com> wrote in
    message news:829701c34516$b90cb280$a401280aphx.gbl...
    > I am have trouble making the internet keys on my keyboard
    > to work, it tells me to activate ActiveX but I have
    > already gone into tools/options/secruity/ect and
    > activated all the activex options and it still doesn't
    > work, what do I need to do?
    >
    > Phil
    Kent W. England [MVP] Guest

  3. #3

    I need to set the text colour of a standard windows Listbox to either red or
    blue. This would normally be done using the contro's ForeColor property but
    this doesn't work, presumably because Lingo has a command of the same name.
    Any ideas?
    This is the syntax I've been using: sprite(channel).forecolor=value
    Kevin

    Kevin Partner Guest

  4. #4

    How can I get this ActiveX off my computer? It is not
    letting me view alot of Java that I would love to be able
    to see. Thx Tammy
    Tammy Guest

  5. #5

    How do I tell if an ActiveX control is installed (and working)?

    win2000 box.

    Jeff
    Jeff Thies Guest

  6. #6

    sounds facetious of me, but :

    try to use it. if you can't instantiate it, then it's probably not
    installed (or not available in your user context)

    Atrax. MVP, IIS
    [url]http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/[/url]

    newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
    [url]http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/components/Atrax.RichEdit/[/url]

    Atrax Guest

  7. #7

    OK. I'm making a projector with embedded HTML using an activeX window. I'm running into two problems:

    1. The HTML has a border. I can easily solve this with a line of code something like border : 0px, but this only works for non-frame HTML pages. Can I have a borderless window using frames?

    2. I'm having issues with HTML links, ie. the links within the HTML page. On some computers they work and on others they don't. I believe the links are relative referenced. Would this be the reason they aren't working? The fact that they work on some computers and not on others is getting me worried.....

    Thanks for any help,

    Mark.

    Malkatraz webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    Ok, update to the second part....

    When I'm in director, All links in the activeX window work correctly. However, when I go and create a projector, links no longer work.... Surely someone here has used embedded HTML using activeX in director....

  9. #9

    Yeah, the problem is Director is actually "eating" mouse events, so they
    don't go to ActiveX control. The result is like links being inactive.
    Unfortunately I have no solution for this problem but this s indeed !

    Ziggi
    ------------
    "Malkatraz" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, update to the second part....
    >
    > When I'm in director, All links in the activeX window work correctly.
    However, when I go and create a projector, links no longer work.... Surely
    someone here has used embedded HTML using activeX in director....

    > Mark

    Ziggi Guest

  10. #10

    For some reason, if you right click a link -> properties, then close this window, the link will suddenly work....well...most of the time...

  11. #11

    Ziggi, if you make the projector full screen it will work perfectly. It's only when you build the projector in a window that things go wrong. I believe it's something to do with the window needing to be on top..... I can't work this part out.

  12. #12

    Thank you !

    Ziggi

    Malkatraz wrote:
    > Ziggi, if you make the projector full screen it will work perfectly.
    > It's only when you build the projector in a window that things go
    > wrong. I believe it's something to do with the window needing to be
    > on top..... I can't work this part out.
    >
    > Mark.
    Ziggi Guest

  13. #13

    Dear All,

    I have a project that need to use some DLL provided by clients and the
    DLL was developed in VB. I know how to place the activex into sprite and
    the activex can communicate with the DLL, but I don't dont know how to
    get the value returned from the activex, can anyone show me some sample
    codes that can achieve this task?

    Thanks a lot!

    Peter

    Peter Tang Guest

  14. #14

    In article <3F5E9C17.FB11D88Aperfectlink.com.hk>, Peter Tang
    <peterperfectlink.com.hk> wrote:
    > I have a project that need to use some DLL provided by clients and the
    > DLL was developed in VB. I know how to place the activex into sprite and
    > the activex can communicate with the DLL, but I don't dont know how to
    > get the value returned from the activex, can anyone show me some sample
    > codes that can achieve this task?

    Lingo cannot see any variables inside the ActiveX unless they are exposed
    as properties. In the ActiveX cast member properties, click Options and
    look under the properties tab.

    Say you had an ActiveX sprite in channel 5 with a property listed of
    "sourceFile". The syntax would be:

    source = sprite(5).sourceFile

    Otherwise you can only get data from the ActiveX if it has a function that
    returns a value to whatever called it. In the ActiveX cast member
    properties look under the methods tab. You can get returns from methods
    that show a return value of integer or string.

    Say you had an ActiveX sprite in channel 5 with a method of getVersion
    that returned a string. The syntax would be:

    version = sprite(5).getVersion()

    Gretchen Macdowall
    [url]http://www.updatestage.com/[/url]
    Gretchen Macdowall Guest

  15. #15

    Search for activex at www.updatestage.com and look under the activex section at
    www.mods.com.au

    Andrew

    Andrew Guest

  16. #16

    Hi

    I want to know how to access and use the ActiveX control properties, methods
    and events in Director. Is there any website which gives details on this?

    Please let me know.

    Thanks

    VG Samy

    VG Guest

  17. #17

    Help for a novice please!

    I used to be able to watch video clips but now I can't. For example on
    [url]www.youtube.com[/url] I get the message
    "you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash
    Player. Get the latest flash player"

    I've checked various things:

    Java and Active X settings are enabled in Internet Options(and have now reset
    to Medium).
    Installing Flash from the link to the Adobe site but it doesn't seem to work
    for me - after going through the various steps.
    I've tried uninstalling the current version of Flash then try again but no
    luck.

    Could it be something to do with my Firewall (Windows) or Anti-Virus (AVG)???
    Not sure how to check and am a bit confused!

    Thanks

    AP7 Guest

  18. #18

    try [url]http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/[/url]
    and see what version it thinks you have installed.

    also see if other flash sites work for you.
    --
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest

  19. #19

    Thank you for your response. I've gone to the page you suggested. I'm not sure
    where on this page I see the version but I can see in Explorer I have under
    properties the version of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MACROMED\Flash\FlashUtil9b is
    9.0.28.0

    No Flash sites seem to work for me at all.

    Any ideas?

    AP7 Guest

  20. #20

    Well .. its pretty obvious where to look ... if you've got flash installed.
    At the top of the page is a flash movie that says

    Adobe Flash Player is installed
    version 9,0,28,0 Installed Successfully

    Of course, if you don't see that, you don't have flash installed :)

    FlashUtil96 is not flash player .. you need to look at what .ocx file you
    have there if you want to find the version. eg I have Flash9b.ocx which is
    "Adobe Flash Player 9.0 r28"
    --
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest