Professional Web Applications Themes

Add lines to pages in a file - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

Ok, I've heard that I can do this with templates. But I'm not sure how to do this. Here is what I want to have. I have a PDF with several pages. Each page has some UPS mail tags, but now I would like to add some lines to divide each tag. These lines will always be in the same position. How can I add these lines to every pages. Mind you that each PDF has different amounts of pages. The way I'm doing it right now is a pain in the buttttt. Here is what I do. I open ...

  1. #1

    Default Add lines to pages in a file

    Ok, I've heard that I can do this with templates. But I'm not sure how to do this. Here is what I want to have. I have a PDF with several pages. Each page has some UPS mail tags, but now I would like to add some lines to divide each tag. These lines will always be in the same position. How can I add these lines to every pages. Mind you that each PDF has different amounts of pages. The way I'm doing it right now is a pain in the buttttt. Here is what I do. I open the mail tags PDF. I then insert my lines at the end of the PDF pages. I select my TouchUP Object tool and I do a select all that is on the last page. I then go to the first page and I do a paste. The lines paste in position I then do a Print of the first page. Then I go to second page and do a paste and print and so on for the rest of the pages. I would like to have the added lines on all pages but the problem is when I go to the second and do a paste I lose the lines on the first pages. And if I go the third page and paste I lose the lines on the second page. And this takes on until I go to my last page. That's way I have to print before I go on to the next page. So, is there a way where I can have these lines added to all pages so I can do a print of all pages at once and not one at a time?
    Carlos_Cavazos@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Add lines to pages in a file

    My personal opinion is that you are asking too much of Acrobat, which is neither a word processor nor a layout program. I would do the edits in the original files (from which the PDFs were produced), and generate new PDFs.
    Claudio_González@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Yeah that would be ideal. Have it done in the original files. However, the program that I use does not create these lines I would like to add. In Acrobat 5 I was able to create a AppleScript that would add these lines for me but not in Acrobat 6.
    Carlos_Cavazos@adobeforums.com Guest