I've taken a different direction. As a matter of fact I'm getting ready to
place the code for a search project I built out on my web site. Instead of
going to the database with a search I'm getting back a datatable of all
records and searching those. The method's I've built return a dataview.
So far it functions pretty quickly. I've tested it on up to 10,000 records
in the database of the on of the websites where I work, www.collect.com. (I
know 10,000 records isn't a lot) But in this case it's more than it seems
because this is our content database. And each article can be up to four or
five pages of text long.
It's pretty speedy so far.
I'll put the project out on my site by tomorrow.
If you want to test it I'm using it for my code library at
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Free code library at:
"Out of chaos comes order."
"bj daniels" <org> wrote in message