Professional Web Applications Themes

adding copyright stamp - Photography

x-no-archive: yes "Gulshan Atwal" <gulshanatwalhotmail.com> wrote in message news:5_1Ka.8211$H9q1.5456news04.bloor.is.net.cabl e.rogers.com... > Hi! > I am new to this group. Could someone plz tell me how to add a translucent > copyright stamp on digital snaps? > Thanks! > There is a German software company named Bildschutz that offers free software (in English) that will add these notices. You can adjust the level of translucence, you can use any font you want and you can use any color you want. It will also batch process an entire directory of photos for you in one pass, if you so choose, making it ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: adding copyright stamp

    x-no-archive: yes

    "Gulshan Atwal" <gulshanatwalhotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:5_1Ka.8211$H9q1.5456news04.bloor.is.net.cabl e.rogers.com...
    > Hi!
    > I am new to this group. Could someone plz tell me how to add a translucent
    > copyright stamp on digital snaps?
    > Thanks!

    There is a German software company named Bildschutz that offers free
    software (in English) that will add these notices. You can adjust the level
    of translucence, you can use any font you want and you can use any color you
    want. It will also batch process an entire directory of photos for you in
    one pass, if you so choose, making it very useful if you have a lot of
    images to work on.

    I don't know the URL, but you can probably search for it or perhaps someone
    else may have it and can post it in this thread.

    The software is free of all charge if used for non-commercial purposes.

    Jeremy Guest

  2. #2

    Hey guys! Thanks for the advice...it worked out pretty well. I use Irfanview
    too and find it a great software. I just didn't know it can do this job too.
    Thanks again!

    "Donald Reeve" <don236nojunkprodigy.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:52:33 GMT, "Gulshan Atwal"
    > <gulshanatwalhotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi!
    > >I am new to this group. Could someone plz tell me how to add a
    translucent
    > >copyright stamp on digital snaps?
    > >Thanks!
    > >
    > You neglected to mention what photo editing software you are using, if
    > any. Using the ubiquitous--and free--Irfanview software it's as
    > simple as selecting a spot of the photo where you want the copyright
    > stamp to be by dragging out a rectangle with the mouse, then hitting
    > Ctrl + T to bring up a text entry dialog box--and things get pretty
    > self-explanatory from there. There's even a button in the text entry
    > dialog box that will append the copyright symbol for you.
    >
    > If you don't already have it, you can get Irfanview at:
    > [url]http://www.irfanview.com/[/url]
    >
    > Great utility and general-purpose viewer for all sorts of formats.
    >
    > Donald Reeve

    Gulshan Atwal Guest

  3. #3

    I'm happy to be of service--isn't Usenet grand?

    Personally, I haven't been putting copyright info or anything like
    that on my images as I find it distracting. The percentage of my work
    that might make it as "commercial grade" is pretty small and I think
    it's a bit pretentious of folks to think that National Geographic or
    someone else is going to steal their images....

    Donald Reeve

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:07:18 GMT, "Gulshan Atwal"
    <gulshanatwalhotmail.com> wrote:
    >Hey guys! Thanks for the advice...it worked out pretty well. I use Irfanview
    >too and find it a great software. I just didn't know it can do this job too.
    >Thanks again!
    >

    >"Donald Reeve" <don236nojunkprodigy.net> wrote in message
    >news:rkmhfvsj7arj8o8qg7b5mb6svmok8ekb3r4ax.com.. .
    >> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:52:33 GMT, "Gulshan Atwal"
    >> <gulshanatwalhotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi!
    >> >I am new to this group. Could someone plz tell me how to add a
    >translucent
    >> >copyright stamp on digital snaps?
    >> >Thanks!
    >> >
    >> You neglected to mention what photo editing software you are using, if
    >> any. Using the ubiquitous--and free--Irfanview software it's as
    >> simple as selecting a spot of the photo where you want the copyright
    >> stamp to be by dragging out a rectangle with the mouse, then hitting
    >> Ctrl + T to bring up a text entry dialog box--and things get pretty
    >> self-explanatory from there. There's even a button in the text entry
    >> dialog box that will append the copyright symbol for you.
    >>
    >> If you don't already have it, you can get Irfanview at:
    >> [url]http://www.irfanview.com/[/url]
    >>
    >> Great utility and general-purpose viewer for all sorts of formats.
    >>
    >> Donald Reeve

    Donald Reeve Guest

  4. #4

    Some people may want to put their name and a date on their photos just so
    everyone can keep track. Adding a (C) symbol doesn't take up that much extra
    room.

    Personally, on the rare occasions that one of mine turns out nicely I like for
    people to know who took it even if it isn't worth stealing. (I wish!)

    I guess different people manifest pride in their work in different ways. As
    long as they have fun it's OK.
    > I'm happy to be of service--isn't Usenet grand?
    >
    > Personally, I haven't been putting copyright info or anything like
    > that on my images as I find it distracting. The percentage of my work
    > that might make it as "commercial grade" is pretty small and I think
    > it's a bit pretentious of folks to think that National Geographic or
    > someone else is going to steal their images....
    >
    > Donald Reeve

    RLW Guest