Professional Web Applications Themes

Adding keywords to pictures - Photography

L.S., I'm looking for a program with which I can add keywords to pictures, and search for those keywords. For instance, each photo gets 4 keywords, and the program enables you to search for certain keywords. The program also shows in thumbnail view the photos it found. I found a program hich kinda does this, namely eView, http://www.edisys.com/Products/eView/eview.asp Does anyone know of another program like this? Thanks in advance, Stan...

  1. #1

    Default Adding keywords to pictures

    L.S.,

    I'm looking for a program with which I can add keywords to pictures, and
    search for those keywords. For instance, each photo gets 4 keywords, and the
    program enables you to search for certain keywords. The program also shows
    in thumbnail view the photos it found.
    I found a program hich kinda does this, namely eView,
    http://www.edisys.com/Products/eView/eview.asp
    Does anyone know of another program like this?

    Thanks in advance, Stan

    Stt Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adding keywords to pictures

    Try ACDSEE

    "Stt" <nl> wrote in message
    the

    SanderH Guest

  3. #3

    > Try ACDSEE

    ACDSee is a better program indeed, thanks! I noticed ACDSee builds it's own
    database in which it stores the keywords. However, when choosing the
    properties of a file in windows there's also the option to add keywords to
    that file. But the option is greyed out, as well as categories. It would be
    easier if I could add keywords there. But I don't think anybodu in here
    knows of a way to get this done?

    Stan

    Stt Guest

  4. #4

    Try Smartpix Manager by Xequite Software. Very flexible - allows user
    defined keywords-sorting-user defined groups.
    Harry Guest

  5. #5

    On 12-Nov-2003, "Stt" <nl> wrote:

    > ACDSee is a better program indeed, thanks! I noticed ACDSee builds it's
    > own
    > database in which it stores the keywords. However, when choosing the
    > properties of a file in windows there's also the option to add keywords to
    > that file. But the option is greyed out, as well as categories. It would
    > be
    > easier if I could add keywords there. But I don't think anybodu in here
    > knows of a way to get this done?[/ref]

    I have many image manipulation programs including ACDsee 5.0. I use
    SmartPix Manager strictly as a database for the thousands of images I store
    on my 6 hard drives. If I didn't have it, I'd lose my images. It's great
    at cataloging multimedia files of all sorts, and that's what I use it for.
    True, ACDSee has that capability too, but not to the extent that SmartPix
    Manager does.

    http://www.xequte.com/

    That's the URL for Xequte software that sells SmartPix manager. It was
    around 35 bucks last time I checked. I beta test for them and they are
    always updating their versions free of charge.

    Harry

    --

    Fuji Cameras Make The Best Pets!!!!!!!!!!

    mailto: rr.com
    Harry Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for the link. However, both the programs seem specifically targeted
    at one user. I wanted to make a pictures directory easily accessible to
    users on the office network here. Using the keywords & category option in
    windows XP would seem ideal for that. However, our novell server doesn't
    seem to let this happen.
    But in any case, thanks for the help!

    "Harry Da Hat" <neb.rr.com> schreef in bericht

    > > ACDSee is a better program indeed, thanks! I noticed ACDSee builds it's
    > > own
    > > database in which it stores the keywords. However, when choosing the
    > > properties of a file in windows there's also the option to add keywords[/ref][/ref]
    >
    > I have many image manipulation programs including ACDsee 5.0. I use
    > SmartPix Manager strictly as a database for the thousands of images I[/ref]
    store

    Stt Guest

  7. #7

    Try PICASA 1.6 very new and simple to learn.
    I use it besides ACDsee and they are for very different
    tasks.
    Many greetings

    Kristian-Heinrich Schuessler

    "Stt" <nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag