Professional Web Applications Themes

Adding mp3 audio to a pdf slideshow. - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

Hi, I made a slideshow with Lightroom. I have a Mac (not intel) running 10.4.11 I opened it in Acrobat 9. There is no help in the help as to how to add sound. I clicked the Multimedia & choose sound but nothing happened. From the Tools menu I choose multimedia then show multimedia toolbar. The tool tip when mousing over the sound tool says to double click where you want the play back area & choose a path to the sound file. It's in a big box & partially covered the photo. I actually want the sound to start ...

  1. #1

    Default Adding mp3 audio to a pdf slideshow.

    Hi, I made a slideshow with Lightroom. I have a Mac (not intel) running 10.4.11
    I opened it in Acrobat 9. There is no help in the help as to how to add sound.
    I clicked the Multimedia & choose sound but nothing happened.
    From the Tools menu I choose multimedia then show multimedia toolbar.
    The tool tip when mousing over the sound tool says to double click where you want the play back area & choose a path to the sound file. It's in a big box & partially covered the photo.
    I actually want the sound to start straight away & not need a play button but this doesn't seem to be possible. I was able to choose file but it was put on the 1st page. When I opened it in Reader 9
    It went into full screen mode as I had chosen in Lightroom but no sound played.
    When I exited full screen mode & paged back to the 1st page I was able click the play button & it played while on the 1st page but when I advanced the pages it stopped.
    I had click show advanced settings & chosen play when page opens but it didn't.
    Any one had any better luck or can help show me how to have sound play automatically as soon as the full screen slideshow begins to play, all through the whole slideshow, without needing any buttons?
    Thanks,
    happysnapper@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adding mp3 audio to a pdf slideshow.

    I haven't had time to test placing a sound file in Acrobat 9. However, it is covered in the Acrobat 9 Pro Help. It's in Multimedia and 3D Files > Multimedia in PDFs > Add Multimedia to PDFs. I don't think MP3s are H.264 compliant, so you probably need to follow the steps at the bottom of that help page about "creating legacy multimedia content."

    Good luck!
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, I downloaded Acrobat 8 to try using legecy option but got message that I couldn't open it as it's not compatible with my OS. I can only use version 9 it seems.
    The fact that the file will play makes me think this should be possible so I kept trying.
    I found some success which allows one to see how nice this will be when it works.
    By following the instructions as before I put the play button on the bottom left except by dragging a small marque the button is that small size & doesn't cover the image.. After browsing & choosing the file, click the show advance options button & choose from the "Enable When" menu, " The page containing the content is opened"
    From the "Playback Style" menu choose "In floating window" Click OK & Save.

    When this is opened in Reader you are asked if you want to enter Full Screen Mode, choose yes. In FS Mode the photos start to do their thing, transitioning into each other. The floating window is in upper right partialy covering the photo. The pause sign is displayed as if it is playing but it's not. It never does unless you click the pause sign then click it again to play. One has to wait a while before this will work, maybe it's loading or something. Any way the music starts. By now the slides have ended.
    You can right click the floating window & choose "Close floating window". I it disapears but the music continues to play. One can then tap the left arrow on the keyboard to transition, still in FS Mode. Can also click right arrrow. It looks good. Only not automatic.
    To stop the music before it ends one has to click back to the 1st photo & right click on the small square & choose show floating window, then click the pause button to stop it.

    I think it is a bug. It just doesn't work as it should. How do we got Adobe to fix it?
    It would be so nice to have a cross platform way to share a slideshow with sound.

    If anyone has any better luck plmk.