Professional Web Applications Themes

Adding pop up menu styles - Macromedia Fireworks

Well, I have had Fireworks since v3, have never been able to create a custom popup style (image, not html). I create the style, save it as a style, then copy/paste the file into the Fireworks MX 2004/First Run/Nav Menu/ folder. Well, it's not there! Where did it go? :) Any help would be appreciated immensely! Mike...

  1. #1

    Default Adding pop up menu styles

    98svt webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adding pop up menu styles

    Stange, Fireworks 3 did not have the Popup Feature yet. Alas, if you
    drop your Styles in the Nav Menu folder, make sure it is not in the
    First Run folder. If you are on Windows 2000 or XP try this location
    instead:

    F:\Doents and Settings\Mike\Application Data\Macromedia\Fireworks
    MX\Nav Menu

    This is your user specified folder for Fireworks. If you don't have
    these operating systems, just drop it in the normal Nav Menu folder (if
    there is such a folder as I don't work with 95/98/ME anymore.

    Greetsels.

    --

    I hope this helps,

    Coen

    "People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and
    the life you live. Let them... you affected their lives, they didn't
    affect yours."
    _______________________________
    Please, don't E-mail me about Fireworks questions. Post them on the Forum.

    E-mail : ccnk at home.nl
    ================================
    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources

    *** DevNet ***
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/[/url]
    *** Styles ***
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/articles/style_samples.html[/url]
    [url]http://wetworks.nl/freestyler[/url]
    [url]http://richiebee.ca/fireworks.htm[/url]
    *** Flash Panels ***
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html[/url]

    ccnk Guest

  3. #3

    I have been usinf FW since v3, didn't intend to say using nav popups since then! :)
    Thanks,I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

  4. #4

    No go. Didn't work. I am using win2k, but as the administrator. There are no other users on my system.

  5. #5

    Mike:

    You should really have two folders for Macromedia products: One that is
    stored in the Program Files folder called "Macromedia" and the other in
    the Doents and Settings\Administrator\Application
    Data\Macromedia\Fireworks MX\Nav Menu on your root drive.

    Can you tell me if you have these two folder locations?

  6. #6

    There isn't an application data folder. ?

  7. #7

    Yes there is. But it is hidden. You need to unhide your hidden folders
    first. Do this:

    1) Open Explorer
    2) From the menu click Tools
    3) From the bottom click Folder Options
    4) Click the 2nd Tab "View"
    5) In the 2nd field "Advanced settings:" you see "Files and Folders"
    with a couple of checkboxes. Then there is another folder that says
    "Hidden files and folders". Check "Show hidden files and folders".
    in your Doents and Settings folder. It should be there now.

    See this URl for how the window looks like and what you should click there:

    [url]http://members.home.nl/ccnk/forum/showhidden.gif[/url]

    HTH,

    Coen

  8. #8

    Well, I guess you learn something new everyday!
    That di the trick.I do think that the help files when describing this are kinda vague then, but thats fine, I know how to do it now. Thanks for your help and patience.

  9. #9

    Well, you can't expect Macromedia to anticipate every new Operating
    System that comes out now can you? Then again, MX came out when XP was
    already a fact...

    Good luck.