Professional Web Applications Themes

Adding Video - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

I'm updating a website using contribute and I'm having some problems adding video. I want to add video as MPEG4 but contribute does not recognise this file. Does anyone know what file Ishould be using to gain high quality video on the web? I work on a G5 Mac and have a copy of Final Cut Pro and Director MX....

  1. #1

    Default Adding Video

    I'm updating a website using contribute and I'm having some problems adding
    video. I want to add video as MPEG4 but contribute does not recognise this
    file. Does anyone know what file Ishould be using to gain high quality video
    on the web? I work on a G5 Mac and have a copy of Final Cut Pro and Director MX.

    sarah_durrant_22 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adding Video

    Hello, I own [url]http://vildproductions.com[/url] and we render to mpeg2 and AVI then
    convert .swf (flash). What I like about this file is that it has loader text
    and also embeds itself into the browser and has very fast play. There is a
    company called Wildform that can allow you to convert your mpegs to custom
    players. Good Luck, Randy Vild

    randyvild Guest

  3. #3

    Hi there all,
    I am new to Flash Media server 2 and just installed on my server. I am having
    trouble finding out how it works and how to do simple things like adding the
    first video. Is here a tutorial anyone knows of or a book to be bought about
    administrating this server. Any help greatly appriciated, even if somone has
    time to write down the first steps.
    Thanks all.

    Click Here Guest

  4. #4

    Book: O'Reilly Programming flash com sever.
    Tutorials: Can be found in the server install dir
    [djdomain] Guest

  5. #5

    G5 duel, OS 10.4.11, Acrobat9

    What frustration. Have been trying to add .mov files without success. All I get is a black box with a blue border. No poster. No controls. No nothing. No image! I select a JPG but it does not show. And why-o-why can't I use .PSD files? I choose to use a poster from the .mov file and it gives me no way to select it. It just ignores the request! Then the fact that all the interactive buttons I installed with InDesign are useless too. I don't get it.
    Could not get it to OPEN the InDesign file unless I printed it to PDF. Now people on the InDesign forum advised me to get Acrobat to add the .mov files because InDesign does a poor job of it. It acts like it is going to work and then nothing happens.
    Bill
    Bill_Seeley@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    >Could not get it to OPEN the InDesign file unless I printed it to PDF.

    1. Acrobat doesn't open InDesign files.
    2. When you print to PDF from InDesign you won't get any interactive
    features like buttons.

    Sounds as if you need to be EXPORTING the PDF from InDesign.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Aandi, I tried to open an exported file and got "database error.... InDesign defaults is damaged (Error Code: 1)"
    Bill_Seeley@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    .... time to remove the InDesign preference as a starting point.

    If you need to embed video inside Acrobat - use Acrobat 9 since flash
    video is a new feature which is added inside of Acrobat and NOT from
    InDesign (even CS4 does not support this) ...

    Jon
    Jon Bessant Guest

  9. #9

    That "error" message was from Acrobat as it tried to open the file. I have since exported one that Acrobat can open
    Ok, I have a 76 page catalog produced in InDesign. In the "Publications" section I wish to imbed a .mov file with each book. A simple click on the book brings up a short slide presentation or .mov file on the contents of the book. Initially I tried to do this in InDesign. Just as I explained in the first post.
    The thing is that I end up with selectable areas on the page that are the same size as the play box. Even though I have a small graphic designated as the button to start the .mov. This means with 4 buttons and 4 different movies on the page that these play boxes overlap, are invisable and you never know what you will get if you accidentally click somewhere on the page. It made a messy page, a selectable nightmare. So it was advised in the InDesign forum that I do this work in Acrobat, which I just purchased. As I explained in my first post I get this black window with no controls, no poster, nothing...
    So I opened a new doent in Acrobat and tried to embed a .mov... I get the same nothing.
    Thank you, Bill
    PS I miss spoke I have CS2
    Bill_Seeley@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Mystical and magical it all is. I have exported the file from CS2 with embedded .mov files. Low and behold the problems of the over sized selection areas has disappeared. The file saved with Acrobat and opened in Reader all works properly. The .mov buttons work and are only selectable at the graphic. Yeaaaaaaah…
    So, make interactive buttons and embed movies, sound whatever in CS2, export as PDF, open and Save in Acrobat and it's a working reality.
    Thanks for your help all

  11. #11

    >Aandi, I tried to open an exported file and got "database error.... InDesign defaults is damaged (Error Code: 1)"

    I don't understand what is happening here. Is this message from
    Acrobat or from InDesign?

    Are you exporting a PDF from InDesign?