Professional Web Applications Themes

Adding video file to a web site - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

We would like to add a short video to our web site. Although I have worked extensively with HTML using Dreamweaver, the video side of things is new to me. I am wondering if someone can offer advice on the best way to go about getting the job done. We would like to create a video of perhaps two or three minutes in length. I figure it will be a downloaded file which the visitor will obtain by clicking on a button. Perhaps it will open up in Windows Media Player. Right now we have the filmed presentation on Betacam ...

  1. #1

    Default Adding video file to a web site

    We would like to add a short video to our web site. Although I have worked
    extensively with HTML using Dreamweaver, the video side of things is new to
    me. I am wondering if someone can offer advice on the best way to go about
    getting the job done.

    We would like to create a video of perhaps two or three minutes in length. I
    figure it will be a downloaded file which the visitor will obtain by clicking
    on a button. Perhaps it will open up in Windows Media Player.

    Right now we have the filmed presentation on Betacam SP, which has been copied
    to Video Hi-8, and also VHS. I am wondering if the best approach would be to
    take the Video Hi-8 version and copy it right into our computer using a
    camcorder, creating a digital file. (I am assuming that we could attach the
    camcorder to the computer in some way.) If this approach is a good one, what
    software program could we use to create the digital file? Would we lose much
    detail by using a copy instead of the original Betacam SP? If using the
    original is a better idea, would we take the tape to a aservice lab to have
    the digital file created?

    Sorry for all the thrashing around. If there is a good online reference for
    creating these video files, I would like to acess it.

    Phillip M. Perry Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adding video file to a web site

    well it would be best to purchase a video capture card then u could connect
    your vcr to the computer and then record it to the computer, \this way you can
    save the file as watever type you would like and you can cut it up into pices
    and edit later or something but yer would be best to get a video capture card :P

    onaematopiea Guest

  3. #3

    This is the code: And it looks like :

    < embed src="YOUR LINK HERE" width="32" height="32"></embed>

    And to save stuff to a computer off a camera. The best way would be to buy a
    video capture card. Or a DV camera.

    <embed src="http://www.exodusvideos.com/downloads/MOV00766.MPG" width="32"
    height="32"></embed>

    exds989 Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for the great information. I am doing additional research and will post back here when I have decided what programs to go with.
    Phillip M. Perry Guest

  5. #5

    I would use Flash.
    LArtJunky Guest