Professional Web Applications Themes

Additional Fonts in Goodies Folder - Adobe Indesign Windows

There are additional fonts in the InDesign install CD, Goodies Folder. Where do you put these fonts so ALL of my Adobe products can you them?...

  1. #1

    Default Additional Fonts in Goodies Folder

    John_Niederkorn@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Additional Fonts in Goodies Folder

    What version of Windows?

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  3. #3

    Is this a trick question? You put them with your other system fonts so that any program can use them.
    Jim_Oblak@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Not on earlier versions of Windows, IIRC. I don't think Win 98 had
    support for OpenType. You'd need ATM for that.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  5. #5

    True - but my mind reading capabilities indicate that this is not an issue for John. He is running Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 2, Windows XP® Home Edition, or Windows XP Professional Edition.
    Jim_Oblak@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Actually you should really use a Font Manager like ATM Deluxe or Suitcase and place non-system fonts in their own folder (i.e. c:\fonts) and install any new ones here. You'll need to dig through the Adobe app folders as there may be fonts installed in each apps directory structure. I moved all of them into c:\fonts and organized this directory based on where the fonts came from. Suitcase can be used to organize then further into things like Pro fonts, Serif fonts, Sans Serif fonts, etc. The system font folder can handle only so many fonts and if you put too many in there it can cause problems with the OS or fonts may fail to load properly or both.
    Stuart_McCoy@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I'm sorry for not getting back sooner. It is not a trick question. I am using XP Pro. I thought there should be a common folder where all of your fonts go in so all of your other tools could use them. Since it costs over $4,000 for the Adobe font library and it comes with 10 licenses (which doesn't make much sense to me since there is only one of me) I just wanted as many as possible in one place.
    John_Niederkorn@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Then you really need a font manager. There's simply no reason to have
    that many fonts active and a whole lot of reasons not to.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  9. #9

    Bob, Stuart, & Jim

    Thank you all for your help. I will order ATM Deluxe on Monday. I had always wanted to buy the entire font library because I receive a lot of doents and someone always uses an oddball font. But since I am a staff of one it is impracticle to buy a 10-license minimum font library. This will at least help with combining all of my fonts from Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat plus the goodies. I appreciate the answers.
    John_Niederkorn@adobeforums.com Guest