Professional Web Applications Themes

ADOBE ANNOUNCE: Preparing for upcoming April 2008 FlashPlayer 9 security update - Macromedia Flash Player

Flash Player team is doing some 'pre-communication' around the security changes in the -next- version of Flash Player, releasing in April 2008. So we're starting with some blog posts, articles and technotes so that these changes can spread to the community. There will likely be more than this by release time as well (and new communication will come at that time). Blogs: Emmy Huang: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/emmy/ Justin Everett-Church: http://justin.everett-church.com/ Developer Center articles: "Preparing for the Flash Player 9 April 2008 Security Update" ( http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player9_security_update.h tml) Everyone should read and become familiar with the current article on Flash Player 9.0.115.0's 'phase 1' ...

  1. #1

    Default ADOBE ANNOUNCE: Preparing for upcoming April 2008 FlashPlayer 9 security update

    Flash Player team is doing some 'pre-communication' around the security changes
    in the -next- version of Flash Player, releasing in April 2008.

    So we're starting with some blog posts, articles and technotes so that these
    changes can spread to the community. There will likely be more than this by
    release time as well (and new communication will come at that time).

    Blogs:
    Emmy Huang:
    http://weblogs.macromedia.com/emmy/

    Justin Everett-Church:
    http://justin.everett-church.com/

    Developer Center articles:
    "Preparing for the Flash Player 9 April 2008 Security Update" (

    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player9_security_update.h
    tml)

    Everyone should read and become familiar with the current article on Flash
    Player 9.0.115.0's 'phase 1' security changes.. this outlines a lot of what's
    been changed, and gives you an idea what to think about for the upcoming April
    release. "Security Changes in Flash Player 9" (v9.0.115.0) at
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer9_security.html.

    There are a few other articles with specifics about socketpolicyfile handling
    coming up, but they?re not quite done yet..

    Specific technotes w/ code:
    ?Changes in allowScriptAccess default (Flash Player)?
    (http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403183)

    ?Authorization header does not work for an HTTP request (Flash Player)?
    (http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403184)

    ?Arbitrary headers are not sent from Flash Player to a remote domain?
    (http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403185)

    ?Sockets do not function in Flash Player versions later than 9.0.115.0?
    (http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403186)

    ?javascript:" URLs no longer function in networking APIs (Flash Player)?
    (http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403187)Specific technotes w/ code:

    BWolfe Guest

  2. #2

    Have been trying to access technotes as per B. Wolfe's suggestion, but keep
    getting "sorry, page not available." Still wondering about when exactly in
    April is the new version of Flash Player. Would love to be able to access all
    these technotes for preparation. Thanks.

    carolloveskiwis Guest

  3. #3

    Just remove the ) at the end of the URL in your address bar. The link accidentally includes the bracket.
    kate@talkvue Guest

  4. #4

    Kate, thank you for the info. I feel like an tech-idiot asking sometimes. I'm glad there are so many smart people in the forum to help.
    carolloveskiwis Guest

  5. #5

    Is there a release date yet? I've had management phoning me over the weekend
    panicking that the new player was going live this weekend. When 9,0,115,0 came
    out our global financial trading platform broke due to the socket security
    changes in release 115. This time we are prepared (as we already use
    dynamically generated socket policy files) although with no access to a beta
    player we were unable to test. Unfortunately its just another bit of negative
    perception of Flash/Flex that others can use to promote alternative RIA
    platforms. I will have a fight on my hands this year to stop us migrating to
    Silverlight.

    I'm signed up for security alerts from Adobe - is there a mailing list for
    Flash Player release date? And why can't I see a beta version of the new player
    in order to test?

    Grime-P Guest

  6. #6

    Hi guys.. heres a question..

    when i go to click a link in flash, it warns me that "1site is trying to open
    2site ..blah blah"
    it only allows me to go to settings, or close the message. when I go to
    settings, the part regarding this message appears to only be a picture, and
    not a interactive flash box. so, naturally it wont allow me to change my
    settings! HELP!!! what do I do?

    vitamind3 Guest

  7. #7

    Sorry I haven't been able to keep up on the forum.... The update is live now.

    "And why can't I see a beta version of the new player in order to test? "
    There was no public beta. Don't ask me why, because I don't know. :(

    BWolfe Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: ADOBE ANNOUNCE: Flash Player 9 security update April2008 NOW LIVE.

    Why Macromedia web site installs old version 9.0.115 and not the new 9.0.124?
    cusano Guest

  9. #9

    I just checked and 9.0.124.0 is being installed correctly. Sometimes it takes awhile for the akamai caches to clear, so uninstall and try again...
    BWolfe Guest

  10. #10

    I'm also getting 9.0.115 still...
    bdfran Guest

  11. #11

    Where can I find the full download of 9.0.124.0, not the installer? We have
    multiple machines and want to just download the executable once, and also have
    it available for a couple of offline machines.

    thanks

    studioQuint Guest

  12. #12

    Worked for me now - am on .124, but kind of annoying...
    bdfran Guest

  13. #13

    [q]Originally posted by: studioQuint
    Where can I find the full download of 9.0.124.0, not the installer? We have
    multiple machines and want to just download the executable once, and also have
    it available for a couple of offline machines.

    thanks[/q]

    Adobe provides a free license to allow you to redistribute Adobe Flash
    Player...

    http://www.adobe.com/licensing/

    Darren Guest

  14. #14