Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe Camera Raw for Canon 10D - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Anyone have info regarding possible update of ACR to include Canon 10D. I haven't yet figured out how to contact Adobe on this subject since they only seem to recognize the software if you want to buy it, or as part of Photoshop CS. Do I wait, or do I spend another hundred dollars for Capture One LE. Any good advice??? Thanks, Martin Levy...

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Camera Raw for Canon 10D

    martin_levy@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adobe Camera Raw for Canon 10D

    From what I have been told Adobe is not going to sell ACR
    separately any longer. I have Capture One Rebel Edition and like
    it alot. I also have several 10D profiles that I use along with
    the 300D profile. In most cases you can get an accurate
    conversion with out many adjustments.

    --
    Have A Nice Day,
    jwh :-)

    jhjl1@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Our friend Ray Robillard is trying out Capture One LE for the 10D and has
    had a very good experience with it so far. I use a much simpler program
    called BreezeBrowser, but it doesn't have nearly the adjustment capabilities
    of Capture One. Ray's enthusiasm is infectious, so I may go with C1LE
    before all is said and done...

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Chuck I think they have a 15 day free trial if you want to give
    it a go.

  5. #5

    As a Mac user / 10D owner, I think my choices are down to Canon FVU or Photoshop CS for RAW conversion. Right?

    Steve
    Stephen_C._Smith@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Shan, Chuck,

    C1LE is just superb! The pros include the ability to have 20 files being converted in the
    background while you start working on the others. It has curves and levels, therefore limiting the
    use of Photoshop Elements (not to say I don't like to work in PSE, but the less time it takes, the
    more I have to play with my camera!). With the FVU, you either had to convert all pictures with the
    same setting, of wait for each setting to be applied before converting the picture. Very long
    process. With C1LE, you don't have to wait to see the result.

    You can adjust exposure either with the predefined White Balance or the Kelvin scale. You can even
    adjust the color tint (or color cast) that sometimes get in the way when you adjust color
    temperature. It also saves in 16 bits, for those with PS7 or PCS.

    I activated it yesterday. I completed the conversion of 57 pictures in under two hours. With FVU,
    it would have took me more than 4.

    If anyone needs help with this software, contact me. I'm no expert, but I'll do my best :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    Steve, I think the pro version of C1 is available for Mac... but the price isn't very friendly.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  8. #8

    Pardon my ignorance here, but isn't the 10D already supported by Adobe CameraRaw? Or are there conversion features missing? If so, what's missing.

    The 10D produces .CRW files which I know are supported by CameraRaw.

    I'm 10D / Windows / BreezeBrowser user. I know when the latest version of BreezeBrowser came out w/ support for the 10D, it has many more .CRW conversion features specific to the 10d than it did for my G2.

    I'm thinking about upgrading to CS, and CameraRaw is one of the reasons I'd do it. I like BreezeBrowser, but eliminating the extra step, would simplfy my life. If CameraRaw doesn't support the 10D, maybe I'll wait.

    Thanks,

    Marsh

    Thanks.
    Marshall_Ponzi@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Marsh,

    The plugin sold seperately from Photoshop doesn't support RAW files from the Canon 10D. The new plugin incorporated with Photoshop CS does, however.

    Ray
    Raymond Guest