Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe Flash 9.0.124.0Not working - Macromedia Flash Player

Hello: I just decided to upgrade Adobe flash player to 901240 by uninstalling the old version via adobe uninstaller! Everything seemed to install great. In the add/remove programs, I now have the Adobe Flash player Active X 9.0.124.0 and the Adobe Flash Player Plugin 9.0.124.0 My problem is I go to "You Tube" and it states >>> Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player here. I do not have Java Script turned off and I do have the latest Adobe Flash player installed. I am using Internet ...

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Flash 9.0.124.0Not working

    Hello: I just decided to upgrade Adobe flash player to 901240 by uninstalling
    the old version via adobe uninstaller!
    Everything seemed to install great. In the add/remove programs, I now have the
    Adobe Flash player Active X 9.0.124.0 and the Adobe Flash Player Plugin
    9.0.124.0
    My problem is I go to "You Tube" and it states >>> Hello, you either have
    JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest
    Flash player here.
    I do not have Java Script turned off and I do have the latest Adobe Flash
    player installed.
    I am using Internet Explorer 7 and firefox browsers, any suggestions please,
    Thanks

    PS: It worked fine before the upgrade

    tomsmac Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adobe Flash 9.0.124.0Not working

    :confused;
    mewilli Guest

  3. #3

    I am experiencing the same problem - have tried several times to uninstall and
    redownload. my ISP is by satellite. I am running XP and using IE 7. Can
    anyone help me figure out why Adobe flash player 901240 will not work on my
    computer? Appreciate any input.

    mewilli Guest

  4. #4

    In my case it is Solved. What happen was I use IE7 and Firefox with IE7 and in
    firefox the Java Script was turned off and that affected my regular IE7 too,
    I simply turned it back on and now everything is ok, Dont know about your
    situation, but check out to see if your Java Script is turned on.

    tomsmac Guest

  5. #5

    I am only running IE 7, how do I turn Java Script on? Under tools, Internet Options, Advanced, I find no mention of JAVA, just script debugging. Can you explain it to me. Thanks
    mewilli Guest

  6. #6

    Scroll way down to Scripting

    To enable or disable JavaScript, follow these steps:

    1. From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options... .

    2. Click the Security tab.

    3. Click Custom Level... .

    4. Scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list. Click Disable or Enable.

    5. Close and restart your browser.
    Hope this helps, let me know ok?

    tomsmac Guest

  7. #7

    I am having the same issue with Youtube. I did follow all the instructions that
    I found on the net, but nothing is working (only happens with IE).

    At this point I wod like to resolve the problem as soon as possible,

    Marisol Guest

  8. #8

    Didn't work! when I go to the security tab, and click custom level, there is
    no Scripting section in the list -- only Permission with manifest and hi safety
    is checked and something config not signed which is engaged, and another about
    the same which is engaged. I cannog get Adobe Flash to work with hgtvpro.com
    contest link or several other sites that use Adobe Flash --- Anyone got any
    ideas?

    mewilli Guest

  9. #9

    Please try the following. If you have questions or get stuck, send me a
    'private message' with your full name and contact info.

    The number one reason that the ActiveX installer fails to install on IE are
    due to incorrect permissions in the system registry. We have solved hundreds of
    these Windows system permissions with Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Note: This is strictly for Windows IE, these issues do not occur on other
    browsers such as Firefox.

    www.firefox.com

    To fix these Windows system registry permission conflicts you can use
    Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing
    or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage
    which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not
    comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If
    you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system
    backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding.

    Please download Microsoft?s tool to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. Login as the User that has the incorrect permissions in the system registry

    2. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop

    3. Close out all applications

    4. Run the ?reset.cmd? file

    5. It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys

    6. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?

    7. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  10. #10

    I have tried everthing at least twice. I am ready now to get my 4 lb hammer to
    force feed my computer flashplayer.
    Logically, The registry would be the first item to fix. I did this both with
    the subalc with reset_minimal.zip. Had problems with both but finally got them
    in the same directory and ran them, watched the cmd screen run the prgm.
    Nothing worked. So I manually did the registry, hit the flash9util as admn
    still nothing.

    ulost Guest

  11. #11

    Like ulost, I've tried just about everything I can find on this board. From
    that which Darren just mentioned, to reinstalling the upgrade several times.
    I've even tried installing an older version to see if it will work. Then
    upgraded from it's interface when prompted. On sites that use flash content,
    the location on the page is plain as the white background I use. I can right
    click in that area and it shows a button bar on which the only working link is
    "About Adobe Flash Player 9..." If I click this link it just takes me to the
    dowload site for flash player. Which by the way doesn't work either. If I
    click "Agree and Install Now" I just start a eternal loop that keeps bringing
    me back to that same page. I'm sick of this program not working since I made
    the mistake of trying to upgrade it to 9.0.115. I thought that 9.0.124 would
    fix everything. It hasn't.

    Admiral Guest

  12. #12

    I share the same problem. Tried everything but changing the registry.Had Norton
    help. Been at this for the last week. Gave up and am using AOL to look for a
    new car which uses flash for its website. I wish this fix was easy.

    Nyukx3fan Guest

  13. #13

    Hi all,

    If needed, please send me a private message with full name, email and phone
    number and I can try to help you resolve these issues. After we figure out what
    the problem is, we can include the resolution on this forum post.

    The ?Send Private Message? option is on the left panel of the forum page.

    Please do not try to fix this issue with a 4 lb hammer.

  14. #14

    actually the hammer techniique sounds great, but i wouldnt smash your computer.
    mentally smash the new flash player with it. between me and my 5 closest
    friiends we all have the same problem and it didnt happen until we downloaded
    the new flash player. i cant imagine how many other are in the same shape
    because of your bug. after downloading the flash player removal tool i
    reverted back to my older flash player after deleting everything else but now
    it is acting disfunctional.

    you are obligated to find a solution.
    i suggest, get after it.
    im tired of rebooting because my laptop freezes up.
    never had a problem with it until ........

    dog8mybag Guest

  16. #16

    Hi Darren,
    I couldn't use the option for private message.
    I follow the instruccions but, it didn't work. Actually the reset.cmd didn't update any records.

    Marisol Guest

  17. #17

    Hi Marisol Fajardo,

    The reset.cmd and SubInACL need to be in the same directory in order for it to
    run correctly and fix these Windows permission issues. If you are unable to
    send a ?Private Message? please create a case via Adobe Support and reply to
    this post with a case number.

  18. #18

    If Flash plays fine on other sites with the exception of youtube.com please see
    the instructions from youtube to help resolve this issue, especially the
    following three steps:

    1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to
    test.
    2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
    3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows
    Media Player aren?t set as the default streaming application, as this might
    affect the video player.

    http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57669

    Darren Guest

  19. #19

    :sad;
    I tried installing Flashplayer as per Darren McNally's instructions re
    "reset.cmd". It did not work. I managed to get the Flashplayer icon on my
    desktop but underneath it says "install flashplayer" and I still can't watch
    anything on Youtube. It worked before with the old Flashpalyer which I
    uninstalled and then tried to install the upgrade. Any suggestions.
    Thanks

    mayoman1 Guest

  20. #20

    Here is what I have found with this issue. It's not just on youtube, it's on
    anything that requires flash when bringing up the site. For example,
    pizzahut.com, wwe.com.

    Here is what I did, I reinstalled the player, works great until I restart my
    machine. (Core2 Quad HP with Vista Premium). Once I restart the puter, all the
    sites that have flash will ask me to install flash but when you go to your
    programs, it's there.

    Darren, is this just a problem with Vista machines?

    Thanks for your help?

    Dave Yaeck

    Yaeckman Guest