Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe Flash Player 9 - Macromedia Flash Player

:confused;Hi, I'm having a problem w/getting Adobe Flash Player 9 to "stay" installed. Everytime I turn my computer on, I have to install it, (I have to un-intall it first). When I try to use a website that requires Adobe Flash Player it will let me know that I do not have the latest version and ask me if I want to download it. Even if I download it , It won't work until I go to control panel and "remove/uninstall it 1st. Everytime I turn my computer off, I have to do everything all over again. (I made sure ...

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Flash Player 9

    :confused;Hi, I'm having a problem w/getting Adobe Flash Player 9 to "stay"
    installed. Everytime I turn my computer on, I have to install it, (I have to
    un-intall it first). When I try to use a website that requires Adobe Flash
    Player it will let me know that I do not have the latest version and ask me if
    I want to download it. Even if I download it , It won't work until I go to
    control panel and "remove/uninstall it 1st. Everytime I turn my computer off,
    I have to do everything all over again. (I made sure that my active X controls
    are enabled on my security tab). Even though Adobe Flash Player 9 shows up on
    my programs, it is not working until I remove it and re-install it. I want to
    know what I can do to get it to stay put. Thanks!

    vlamingy1 Guest

  2. #2

    Would love everyone 2 help! :) Hey, I know the question is stupid, but I'm only ten, and I still know a lot about the computer 4 my age!
    Neo-Potion Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player 9

    try Geovid Flash Player
    13zz Guest

  4. #4

    That is just macromedia/adobe player in another wrapper AFAIK .. and so it
    probably would not help.

    "13zz" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > try Geovid Flash Player

    Jeckyl Guest

  5. #5

    I down loaded Adobe Flash Player 9 a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have
    received the following message on my screen almost daily. "A script in this
    movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues your
    computer my become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script. And I
    always click yes. Since I really do not watch movies or I do see me doing it
    in the future I would like to remove the software. I went to Add or Remove
    Programs and click on change/remove and nothing happens. I called your tech
    service and the young man told me he couldn't help and I had to use this
    method. So can you help remove this program. Thank you very much for your
    help. Eben Gibbs (net)

    gibby36 Guest

  6. #6

    I would like to know if it just my computer or if other computers are having
    the same problem where you download Flash Player 9 it says the the download is
    complete but when you try and see a video a message comes up with 'you need
    flash player 8 or higher' and you (plural you) have just downloaded the latest
    version. Please could you reply with either agreeing if it has happened to you
    or reply if you know a solution to this problem.

    anand Guest

  7. #7

    I'm having the same problem and I'm not sure what to do about it. Glad to know someone else is dealing with the same issue -- it's not just my system.
    peacefulexistence Guest

  8. #8

    I re-formatted my computer and when I went to re-install flash, it won't work.
    It hasn't been completing the install. If I choose to also download the Google
    toolbar, that works, but flash will not. I think we're all having the same
    problem... What to do?! Frustrating!!

    Celiadb Guest

  9. #9

    i have exactly the same problem!!!
    cewlgrrl Guest

  10. #10

    I am having the same problem, Flash is working fine with Firefox but not with
    internet explorer 7, i perfer to us IE, Is there a way to correct this'
    If so can you post here on how to do so. thanks in advance

    Tornado973 Guest

  11. #11

    It happened to me also, have tried everything, then start searching... it seems
    to be a problem with the latest player and ie7... unfortunately it is not that
    easy to go back to the 9.0.45 version... i'm trying to do that right now.

    rgoso Guest

  12. #12

    These are usually caused by registry permission problems. Try the uninstall
    steps from this technote (and then run the EXE version of the Flash Player
    installer):
    Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows
    (http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166)

    Bentley

    BWolfe Guest

  13. #13

    I would have tried the EXE version a long time ago if I knew how... BWolfe could you explain?
    Celiadb Guest

  14. #14

    Yes please explain, i have already tried uninstalling. Adobe should do somthing about this
    Tornado973 Guest

  15. #15

    Hi !! I posted the same message a while ago but did not get a responce, since
    then I have given up after trying everything on the adobe trouble shooting
    page!, I still can not get this thing up and running but its good to know I'm
    not the ony one with this issue, hope we all get help soon, as most sites
    require this thing! Highly annoying!!!!!!!

    rachpb Guest

  16. #16

    This is ridiculous!! I re-visited that trouble-shooting page and tried
    everything on there, include the EXE for the uninstalls and what I thought was
    an install and it's not working. This makes no sense!! I am so frustrated, I
    can't watch any video! I think Adobe is responsible for this...

    Celiadb Guest

  17. #17

    Hey does it have anything to do with me having vista?
    awilson1709wv Guest

  18. #18

    It's probably too complex to explain here.

    Each of you should open a support case via
    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer. Provide as much detail as possible
    and we'll have an agent guide you (email only though, sorry no phones).

    Bentley

    BWolfe Guest