Professional Web Applications Themes

[ADOBE] Flash Player Download Center failure - Macromedia Flash Player

We have been working with the web team for some time trying to resolve a problem on the Flash Player Download Center (PDC).. The problem is that some people are not able to view the dynamically created 'pods' that contain the actual button you click to download Flash Player in Internet Explorer for Windows (doesn't seem to effect non IE users...) In fact, most people with this problem cannot see most of the content on that page (including not seeing the 'download now' button!) The web team is working on staging a fixed page that doesn't use the dynamic pods, ...

  1. #1

    Default [ADOBE] Flash Player Download Center failure

    We have been working with the web team for some time trying to resolve a
    problem on the Flash Player Download Center (PDC)..

    The problem is that some people are not able to view the dynamically created
    'pods' that contain the actual button you click to download Flash Player in
    Internet Explorer for Windows (doesn't seem to effect non IE users...) In
    fact, most people with this problem cannot see most of the content on that page
    (including not seeing the 'download now' button!)

    The web team is working on staging a fixed page that doesn't use the dynamic
    pods, and should allow everyone to hit the download. But I don't have an ETA
    on when that will be live.

    In the meantime, please download the EXE version of the installer from this
    technote:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

    BWolfe Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [ADOBE] Flash Player Download Center failure

    Great! It sounds like this will be the solution to my problem.

    Unfortunately I'm still being told that the version I am trying to install
    (from the link you listed) is not the most current version, and it terminates
    the install.

    Thane9 Guest

  3. #3

    [q]Originally posted by: Thane9
    Great! It sounds like this will be the solution to my problem.

    Unfortunately I'm still being told that the version I am trying to install
    (from the link you listed) is not the most current version, and it terminates
    the install.[/q]
    Did you install a beta version?
    To resolve this, download the uninstaller for Flash Player from "How to
    uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control" (TechNote
    tn_14157).

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

    Select Start.
    Select Run.
    Type cmd
    In the command window, type the following:
    uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean
    This will remove all entries in the system registry and resolve this issue.
    Note: The uninstall_flash_player.exe file must be saved to the same directory
    that the command window is in, for example C:\.

    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402435

    Darren Guest

  4. #4

    Same problem, after going through removal and adding the version 9 from the
    link in Bwolfe's first post. I'm back to being prompted to get the latest
    vestion of flash media to view any flash objects on various websites, i.e.
    YouTube.

    Thane9 Guest

  5. #5

    yes im also having the same problem ive been looking everywhere trying to fix
    it, i downloaded the exe file to see if it would work, however it keeps saying
    that its not the lastest version, when i try using the site method it keeps
    saying failed to install click retry or cancel,

    rasdf Guest

  6. #6

    Keep in mind that if you're testing on youtube in the October 24/25 timeframe
    you will most likely run into a current problem youtube is having with their
    site, doented here:

    http://youtubestatus.blogspot.com/2007/10/system-alert-error-javascript-turned.h
    tml

    So test with the Flash Player test page (www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/)

    Now, if you're installing the EXE and that test page (and other non-youtube
    sites) are returning detection errors, then you most likely have a registry
    permission problem. For that see the forum post:
    " New Messages
    [ADOBE] Resolving Windows Flash Player permission-related issues 9/2007"

    BWolfe Guest

  7. #7

    For novices like me it took a couple of tries to understand how to save
    uninstall program in C:\ before running the cmd command then typing in the
    uninstall clean, etc. given in your instructions. Thanks it cleaned up my
    files, so that I was finally able to install flash 9.

    peggy3969 Guest

  8. #8

    I tried this and it's still not working. Message says.
    "uninstall-flash-player.exe/clean is not a recognizable command." in that black
    box.

    I've tried everything and I'm stuck. Mr. McNally, it's great that you're
    spending so much time trying to help people here. I emailed customer service
    several days ago and have't gotten any response. Help!

    zoomom65 Guest

  9. #9

    zoomom, if your uninstall program is in C:\, you must be there in order to
    execute it.

    First make sure your program is in C:\.
    Then so Start - Run , type CMD and press ENTER. Your prompt should say "C:\>"
    ..... if not, do CD \ <enter>.
    Then type: uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean
    (notice the blank space between .exe and /)

    After it runs, try to install Flash Player again.
    Keep us posted.

    Freddy-MVP Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks for the advice. Still no luck, though. It says "not recognizable as an
    internal or external command."

    If anyone has other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. I have Window xp
    Home and Internet Explorer.

    zoomom65 Guest

  11. #11

    Freddy
    I noticed that zoomom used hyphens instead of underscore in your CMD line for a clean removal. Maybe that is why it did not work.
    4Bruce1
    4BRUCE1 Guest

  12. #12

    Thank you Freddy and Bruce. I made sure I did it the way you both said, but it still isn't working!
    zoomom65 Guest

  13. #13

    Zoomom 65,

    Please type the command exactly the way you entered it in the command window.
    need Guest

  14. #14

    Okay, here's exactly what I'm typing in: uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean.

    Still doesn't work!

    Thanks!
    zoomom65 Guest

  15. #15

    I have installed the new version. Somethings I can view and some I can't. What
    causes this? When I try to watch a show on CBS.com I get the message I need to
    download flash player. Then the other day I was looking at class rings and it
    said the same thing but I also had the option if I was sure I had it to click
    on this. I did and it let me see the class rings. What do I need to do to be
    able to view CBS.com?
    Thanks

    junecav Guest

  16. #16

    [q]Originally posted by: zoomom65
    Okay, here's exactly what I'm typing in: uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean.

    Still doesn't work!

    Thanks![/q]
    [hr]
    Open the command window again and write down the name of the directory it
    starts in.
    Next, at the blinking cursor, type "path" without the quotes and hit the ENTER
    key.
    Write down the path as it is listed.
    Next, close out the command window.
    Next, write down the location of the uninstall_flash_player.exe file that you
    downloaded from Adobe.
    Please post that information.
    Thanks.

    need Guest

  17. #17

    Okay, the directoty is C:\Doents and settings\HP_Owner>

    Path listed is:

    PATH=C:\WINDOWS\System32;c:\WINDOWS;C/WINDOWS\System32\Whem;c\Python22;C:Program
    Files\QuickTimeQTSystem\;C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor for Windows

    The uninstall_flash_player.exe file is on my desktop.

    Thanks so much for you help!

    zoomom65 Guest

  18. #18

    All I get when I click the link is "page cannot be displayed"

    Frustrating.
    Tom_ca Guest

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: zoomom65
    Okay, the directoty is C:\Doents and settings\HP_Owner>

    Path listed is:

    PATH=C:\WINDOWS\System32;c:\WINDOWS;C/WINDOWS\System32\Whem;c\Python22;C:Program
    Files\QuickTimeQTSystem\;C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor for
    Windows\;;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~MUVEET~1\030625;c:\PR OGRA~1\030625

    The uninstall_flash_player.exe file is on my desktop.

    Thanks so much for you help![/q]
    Then try one of these:
    1. Change the name of the directory that the command window starts in to the
    directory where the
    uninstall_flash_player.exe is located. You say it on the desktop, so...
    After you bring up the command window, at the blinking cursor type:
    cd C:\Doents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop (Be sure to put the space
    between the cd and C:\Doents.....) And then hit the ENTER key.
    The new command window location should read C:\Desktop and
    Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop>
    Next, at the blinking cursor type uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean And
    hit the ENTER key.

    OR

    2. Put a copy of the uninstall_flash_player.exe file in the C:\Doents and
    Settings\HP_Owner folder.
    Next, open the command window. Next, at the blinking cursor type
    uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean and hit the ENTER key.
    Do one or the other, not both, and see if that works.

    need Guest

  20. #20

    If you have installed the beta and are unable to use the
    uninstall_flash_player /clean switch for some reason, here is another method.

    Open the system registry, but do so at your own risk.

    1. Select Start and choose Run
    2. Type in ?regedit?
    3. Navigate to

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer \SafeVersions

    Delete the entry for 9.0 on the right panel of the system registry

    Install Flash Player.

    Darren Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast