I've seen a few people reporting problems with the Flash install not working
under vista, and the fix being running
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9b.exe .

Unfortunately, this fix didn't fix the problem for me on my Vista Home Premium
laptop. Other users have reported that it only works if you disable UAC in
Vista. I tried this as well, and wouldn't you know, flash works great. As
soon as I enable UAC again though, I can't use flash in IE7 or some other
applications that rely on it. of course, the workaround is to not use UAC, but
that's not really a fix, so I'm looking for help getting Flash to work in IE7
with UAC. Any ideas?