Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe Flasher Won't Install - Macromedia Flash Player

I've have tried everything I can think of to try to install adobe flasher. I had it on this computer for a long time and now it just won't install properly. Everytime i try to install it, it says that I need to install the Active X. I then try to install Active X, but I always get a note that tells me that the instalation failed. I can't view certain pictures and video. I can't seem to properly download the correct Active X control or there maybe another problem. Thanks for any information....

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Flasher Won't Install

    I've have tried everything I can think of to try to install adobe flasher. I
    had it on this computer for a long time and now it just won't install properly.
    Everytime i try to install it, it says that I need to install the Active X. I
    then try to install Active X, but I always get a note that tells me that the
    instalation failed. I can't view certain pictures and video. I can't seem to
    properly download the correct Active X control or there maybe another problem.
    Thanks for any information.

    HTG8 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adobe Flasher Won't Install

    Welcome to the club. I have tried numerous times to install flash player 9
    (inculding unistall/reinstall, chaning security/pop ups, adding debuging files,
    etc. I again tried today and now I'm getting LOTS of script errors.
    Unfortunately, a lot of websites now require the latest flash player to work.
    If anyone has a solution. LET US KNOW!!

    Bettyboophume Guest

  3. #3

    :confused;
    danyven Guest

  5. #5

    Your not alone. I am also having problems installing flash player. I don't
    think were going to get any support here. I suggest we all look at other
    computer forums for support. I have tried everything I can possible think of to
    fix my problem, but no such luck. Good luck to you.

    Nanny Guest

  6. #6

    I can't download and install flash player. It says it was successfully installed, but i cn't find it. I ahve windows vista home edition.
    htomlinson Guest

  7. #7

    :smile;

    Hi there I had the same problem trying to install in IE. Then I tried
    installing it when I was in Firefox and lo and behold what do you know, it
    worked fine. Now I just had to re-install RealPlayer which was no mean fete. I
    spent 7 hours yesterday trying to figure out how to install it when I have
    Norton Go Back security on my PC. Finally we got it to work by completely
    removing firewall temporarily. That may be the issue with the Flashplayer come
    to think of it. Also now the Real Player is asking me to install
    Active X and Flash player even though it is installed in my computer by
    through Firefox and not
    IE. I don't know why it makes a difference which browser I was using as long
    as it is my computer.

    veermeister Guest

  8. #8

    I have Internet Explorer. The help line walked me through uninstall and some changes in tools to no avail. Does someone have a solution?
    DaphneHelena Guest

  9. #9

    The number one reason that the ActiveX installer fails to install on IE are due
    to incorrect permissions in the system registry. We have solved hundreds of
    these Windows system permissions with Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Note: This is strictly for Windows IE, these issues do not occur on other
    browsers such as Firefox.

    http://www.firefox.com

    To fix these Windows system registry permission conflicts you can use
    Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing
    or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage
    which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not
    comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If
    you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system
    backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding.

    Please download Microsoft?s tool to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. Login as the User that has the incorrect permissions in the system
    registy

    2. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop

    3. Close out all applications

    4. Run the ?reset.cmd? file

    5. It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry
    keys

    6. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?

    7. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest