Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe Gamma - Web Problem - Adobe Indesign Windows

Has no one else experienced this problem? I am working on upgrading a friends computer. He has PhotoShop, InDesign, etc. I took his computer home to upgrade it, and only took the "box" (no monitor or other peripherals) to my shop. I noticed while going to Microsoft's Windows Update web site to get latest XP Pro upgrades) that the text was practically unreadable, yet other web sites appear to display jsut fine. Then I learned about this Adobe Gamma thing - apparently it calibrates to a specific monitor. Could this be the problem I'm having when I hook his box ...

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Gamma - Web Problem

    Has no one else experienced this problem?

    I am working on upgrading a friends computer. He has PhotoShop, InDesign,
    etc. I took his computer home to upgrade it, and only took the "box" (no
    monitor or other peripherals) to my shop. I noticed while going to
    Microsoft's Windows Update web site to get latest XP Pro upgrades) that the
    text was practically unreadable, yet other web sites appear to display jsut
    fine.

    Then I learned about this Adobe Gamma thing - apparently it calibrates to a
    specific monitor. Could this be the problem I'm having when I hook his box
    up to my monitors (I've actually tried a couple different monitors of mine
    and it still doesn't display the microsoft site very well)? Or when I take
    it back will it work fine with his monitor?

    Or, by some quirk - is it a bad video card (but bench test show the video
    card should be just fine)?

    Wes Stebbins Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adobe Gamma - Web Problem

    Could it be that - when my friend installed his Adobe software - he has a
    printing company that is virtually all Adobe products - perhaps he
    installed some default fonts for his software that inadvertently
    removed/altered the default IE 6 fonts, etc.?

    What can I do to check this? According to my defaults, etc., on all of MY
    other computers that work - I have:

    in "IE6\Tools\Internet Options\General\Fonts"

    Language script: Latin based

    Web page font: Times New Roman

    Plain text font: Courier New

    Also,

    in "IE6\Tools\Internet Options\Accessibility" everything is unchecked;

    Also, in "IE6\Tools\Internet Options\Security\Custom Level." I have "Font
    Download - Enable" checked.

    I need to check those fonts, etc. on my friends computer, but what if
    they're the same? Are could it be something else? (even the motherboard?)

    "Wes Stebbins" <WesGuitarneb.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Has no one else experienced this problem?
    >
    > I am working on upgrading a friends computer. He has PhotoShop, InDesign,
    > etc. I took his computer home to upgrade it, and only took the "box" (no
    > monitor or other peripherals) to my shop. I noticed while going to
    > Microsoft's Windows Update web site to get latest XP Pro upgrades) that
    the
    > text was practically unreadable, yet other web sites appear to display
    jsut
    > fine.
    >
    > Then I learned about this Adobe Gamma thing - apparently it calibrates to
    > specific monitor. Could this be the problem I'm having when I hook his
    box
    > up to my monitors (I've actually tried a couple different monitors of mine
    > and it still doesn't display the microsoft site very well)? Or when I
    take
    > it back will it work fine with his monitor?
    >
    > Or, by some quirk - is it a bad video card (but bench test show the video
    > card should be just fine)?

    Wes Stebbins Guest