Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe get's into the Initial Name Game - Illustrator 11 - Photoshopand more,announced.... - Macromedia Freehand

Jernej, What I hear you saying is that MM is foolish to incorporate activation because slimey people will create software hacks to break activation and that other slimey people will place free software on the web for others to pirate and that still more slimey folk will download said software and crack and use it. Is that correct? What I also hear you saying, on Macromedias own website mind you, is that you are sorry that you paid money for their software package because just the other day you saw a crack for their software and a download of FHMX. ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Adobe get's into the Initial Name Game - Illustrator 11 - Photoshopand more,announced....

    Jernej,

    What I hear you saying is that MM is foolish to incorporate activation because slimey people will create software hacks to break activation and that other slimey people will place free software on the web for others to pirate and that still more slimey folk will download said software and crack and use it.

    Is that correct?

    What I also hear you saying, on Macromedias own website mind you, is that you are sorry that you paid money for their software package because just the other day you saw a crack for their software and a download of FHMX.

    Is that correct?

    Pappy

    Pappy Guest

  2. #2

    I didn't want to make it sound like that, I'm not sorry I payed all that money I'm just feeling the arghhhhhhh because someone didn't and got the same! They should better protect they software, but activation seems to be poorly made, because Microsoft activations just don't get broken.

    Jernej webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    wrote in message news:blv3g3$qeh$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > I didn't want to make it sound like that, I'm not sorry I payed all
    > that money I'm just feeling the arghhhhhhh because someone didn't
    > and got the same! They should better protect they software, but
    > activation seems to be poorly made, because Microsoft activations
    > just don't get broken.
    Consider buying applications honestly an investment in "being legit" or a
    "true professional." That's one of the merits of the Adobe Certified
    Professional program. There are ways to market your graphic design services
    as being generated by legitimately purchased and registered software.
    Granted, many customers only care about the quality of the work. But my
    experience has been most professionals who legally purchase their software
    do better quality work than the legions of hacks out there who merely
    download warez.

    Bobby Henderson

    Bobby Henderson Guest

  4. #4

    I have exactly zero profit by using studio MX.

    Jernej webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    "Jernej" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I have exactly zero profit by using studio MX.
    Ever consider changing professions?

    --
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    remove "_nospam_" to send email

    Ian Kelleigh
    [email]Ian_nospam_FreeHandSource.com[/email]

    "The FreeHand Source"
    [url]http://www.FreeHandSource.com[/url]

    Ian Kelleigh Guest

  6. #6

    Nope, I'm a bit to n00bish :)

    Jernej webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    "Jernej" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I have exactly zero profit by using studio MX.
    It depends on what you are doing with it. The applications by themselves DO
    NOT make the artwork. It is the user that does it. That's a big reason why
    so many web pages out there look like trash. Few really know how to
    visually design something. If you know those things and can produce good
    looking work practicing the fundamentals of good graphic design, you will
    make profit regardless of what software studio suite you use.

    I just wish some of the HR people at many corporations realized this. So
    many talented graphics people have been struggling in this economy for too
    many years now.

    Here's another ogy for it. An empty page in a computer app is no
    different than a blank canvas gessoed up, sanded and ready for oil paints.
    Does having the canvas and oil paints alone make one an artist? Nope. The
    results of the painting define that. Yet, many people out there who hire
    graphics workers just look at app lists on the resume rather than examining
    portfolios of work. Pretty backwards.

    Bobby Henderson

    Bobby Henderson Guest