Professional Web Applications Themes

ADOBE-Help! Illustrator CS type problems when saving down to Illustrator 10 - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

I've seen a lot of messages regarding problems with type when one saves a file down from Illustrator CS to Illustrator 10. I'm having the same problem, when a file is saved down, the type is converted to broken text strings. How are you guys going to fix this? We need a solution. I work with a group of designers and we use Illustrator all the time. We are just now starting to convert everything over to OSX and Adobe CS, but it is very frustrating that the type changes. Luckily we still have old versions that we can hand ...

  1. #1

    Default ADOBE-Help! Illustrator CS type problems when saving down to Illustrator 10

    I've seen a lot of messages regarding problems with type when one saves a file down from Illustrator CS to Illustrator 10. I'm having the same problem, when a file is saved down, the type is converted to broken text strings.

    How are you guys going to fix this? We need a solution.

    I work with a group of designers and we use Illustrator all the time. We are just now starting to convert everything over to OSX and Adobe CS, but it is very frustrating that the type changes. Luckily we still have old versions that we can hand off to Clients, but what a pain to have to have keep the old programs. It would be nice to be able to save down with no worries.

    Does anyone else have a work-around for this?
    Kris_Rothgery@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    convert all text to outlines...then save as EPS...unless of course you want to be able to edit the text...only solution...dont use CS
    tman@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I have the same problem, this is toatally unaceptable and needs to be sorted NOW!!!!
    Ashdown@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I need this problem sorted NOW!!!!!
    Ashdown@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    ASHDOWN....We'll start with the most common scenario. You launch Illustrator CS and open a file that was created in a previous version of Illustrator (say Illustrator 10 or Illustrator 8 ). The file contains text. When you open the file, you'll be presented with a dialog box that states that following: "This file contains text that was created in a previous version of Illustrator. This Legacy text must be updated before you can edit it." The dialog box gives you two options. UPDATE and OK. If you click UPDATE, then all the text in your file will be converted to the new text engine and some reflow may occur (usually kerning issues). If you click OK, none of the legacy text is affected at all -- the file will open just as it did in AI10 or before. Only you can't edit the text (the text appears like a placed EPS -- a box with an "X" through it). You can print the file and make other changes -- you just can't edit the text
    THIS IS FROM A SERIES OF POSTS CONCERNING THE NEW TEXT ENGINE....
    tman@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    see post...Illustrator CS: Let's talk about the new text engine.
    tman@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Surely Adobe you planks! do a thing called TESTING and surely you would of found this MAJOR flaw in your compatibility, new text engine or not, so why did they even bother to launch a product that,s incompatible with other versions. I found this flaw in 10 minutes
    Ashdown@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I am astonished by this great new text engine that won't let me work with my design group. Here is how we fixed the problem ; firstly, don't e-mail files to the graphic artist to complete the essential work necessary for to-morrows job. Have him or in my case, her, get on a bus to my studio and finish it on my station while I sleep. Secondly, get sick and tired of this and go back to the far superior and lightning fast Ai 10. This is a real problem, must be like an OS9 to OSX switch, Adobe style. Where is AiCS 11.3?
    cress@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Ashdown
    I can see that you are having problems with Illustrator CS.
    Posting agressive and demanding messages to a USER forum is unlikely to help you with this however.
    Paul_Tracy@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Spread the word:

    Try Rick Johnson's Concat Text script.