Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe needs your feedback on some palettes in Elements - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi everyone, My name is Karen Cross, and I am a user researcher at Adobe Systems working on Photoshop Elements. I'm currently trying to learn how people are using some of the functionality within Elements. If you're interested in helping, please fill out the questions below and email them back to me at: [email]studiesadobe.com[/email] Thanks so much for your help!! - Karen ----start of questions----- 1. Are you aware of the ‘how to’ or ‘recipes’ palette within Elements? 2. Have you ever used Elements’ recipes? If ‘yes’: 2a. Please explain some examples of how and when you used recipes. If ...

  1. #1

    Default Adobe needs your feedback on some palettes in Elements

    Hi everyone,

    My name is Karen Cross, and I am a user researcher at Adobe Systems working on Photoshop Elements. I'm currently trying to learn how people are using some of the functionality within Elements. If you're interested in helping, please fill out the questions below and email them back to me at:

    [email]studiesadobe.com[/email]

    Thanks so much for your help!!
    - Karen

    ----start of questions-----
    1. Are you aware of the ‘how to’ or ‘recipes’ palette within Elements?

    2. Have you ever used Elements’ recipes?

    If ‘yes’:
    2a. Please explain some examples of how and when you used recipes. If possible, cite some specific recipes you’ve used.
    2b. What did you like about using recipes?
    2c. What did you dislike about using recipes?
    2d. When you used recipes, how often did you use the ‘do this step for me’ links? What is your opinion of having the ‘do this step’ links? What do you like and dislike about these links?

    If ‘no’ to question 2:
    2e. Please explain why you haven’t used recipes.
    2f. Is there anything Adobe could do (content or UI) that would make you want to use recipes?

    3. Are you aware of the ‘info’ palette, located by choosing ‘Window -> Info’ in the menus? (FYI: This palette shows the X and Y coordinates, as well as the RGB values, for a given point or selection.)

    4. Have you ever used the info palette?

    If ‘yes’:
    4a. Please explain some examples of how and when you used the palette. What kinds of things are you doing or creating? When is the info palette useful?
    4b. What did you like about using the info palette?
    4c. what did you dislike about using the info palette?

    If ‘no’ to question 4:
    4d. Please explain why you haven’t used the info palette.
    4e. Is there anything Adobe could do to make this palette more useful to you?

    5. Are you aware of the ‘navigator’ palette, located by choosing ‘Window -> Navigator’ in the menus? (FYI: The navigator palette displays a thumbnail of an image that is too large to view in a window. You can use the window scroll bar or the hand tool to pan over an image to see hidden areas.)

    6. Have you ever used the navigator palette?
    If ‘yes’ to question 6:
    6a. Please explain some examples of how and when you used the palette.
    6b. What did you like about using the navigator palette?
    6c. What did you dislike about using the navigator palette?

    If ‘no’ to question 6:
    6d. Please explain why you haven’t used the navigator palette.
    6e. Is there anything Adobe could do to make this palette more useful to you?

    Thanks again! Please email replies to [email]studiesadobe.com[/email]
    ------end of questions-------
    KARENCROSS Guest

  2. #2

    ----start of questions-----
    1. Are you aware of the 'how to' or 'recipes' palette within Elements?

    Yes.

    2. Have you ever used Elements' recipes?

    No - but I have read them all when I got my copy of Elements

    If 'yes':

    < snip >

    If 'no' to question 2:
    2e. Please explain why you haven't used recipes.

    I like to do things myself.

    2f. Is there anything Adobe could do (content or UI) that would make you
    want to use recipes?

    No.

    3. Are you aware of the 'info' palette, located by choosing 'Window -> Info'
    in the menus? (FYI: This palette shows the X and Y coordinates, as well as
    the RGB values, for a given point or selection.)

    Yes

    4. Have you ever used the info palette?

    Yes

    If 'yes':
    4a. Please explain some examples of how and when you used the palette. What
    kinds of things are you doing or creating? When is the info palette useful?

    When using the cropping tool I can crop to exact size using this tool.

    4b. What did you like about using the info palette?

    It is useful for the way I work.

    4c. what did you dislike about using the info palette?

    Can't copy the colour values to a clip board with one click.

    If 'no' to question 4:

    < snip >

    5. Are you aware of the 'navigator' palette, located by choosing 'Window ->
    Navigator' in the menus? (FYI: The navigator palette displays a thumbnail of
    an image that is too large to view in a window. You can use the window
    scroll bar or the hand tool to pan over an image to see hidden areas.)

    Yes and I use it on occasion.

    6. Have you ever used the navigator palette?
    If 'yes' to question 6:

    6a. Please explain some examples of how and when you used the palette.

    Speeds up locating and resizing sections of the image.

    6b. What did you like about using the navigator palette?

    It is fast if you have lots to do.

    6c. What did you dislike about using the navigator palette?

    I had to look for it as it is not one click away.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  3. #3

    Richard

    Yes I knew that but my finger went off before my brain did.

    G.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  4. #4

    I *HATE* when that happens! <G>

    Owl
    owl_luvr Guest

  5. #5

    Happens to the best of us.
    Richard Coencas Guest

  6. #6

    I have not needed the recipes yet, as already knew what I wanted to do and how to do it. There is one thing, though. When I go to the windows menu and show my layers, the layers window goes away when I go back to my picture. In LE the windows layer box stayed on till I closed it. Sometimes when I want to check the layers over and over it would be handy to have the box stay open in Elements instead of having to open it in the windows menu over and over.
    Gloria Pressnall Guest

  7. #7

    Gloria, this one was discussed this morning, I believe. What you need to do
    is click and drag and the Layers palette out of the palette well onto the
    desktop - sort of let it float free. Then it will stay put even if you go
    and open something else.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest