Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe now providing RSS Feeds to Top Issues - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Adobe are now providing RSS Feeds to Illustrator Top Issues and Recent Knowledgebase Tech docs. Links to these feeds are now displayed in the Forum Header. You should drag those links to a newsreader or RSS Reader Browser add-on in order to view them....

  1. #1

    Default Adobe now providing RSS Feeds to Top Issues

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adobe now providing RSS Feeds to Top Issues

    Sorry to be ignorant, but could someone explain what RSS Feeds are please? I have never used a newsreader or RSS Browser and don't know what they are.
    Thank you.
    Karen_C@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Karen,

    RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication.

    In practice, whenever there is an update to the Top Issues or Techdocs,
    the RSS Feed is updated to indicate that fact, and if you have
    subscribed to the feed, you automatically get a notification to that
    effect with a link to the doent in question.

    If you are using CS2 (and so have Adobe Bridge), you can enter the URL
    of the feed into Bridge's built-in RSS viewer.
    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you Len. I have CS2 suite.

    I did a search in Help on RSS and it says
    "Adobe Help Center is a free, downloadable application that provides access to product Help, Adobe Expert Support, and learning resources on Adobe.com.
    To use product Help, you must have an Adobe product installed that includes Adobe Help Center."

    Does this mean that the Help Center is the viewer? But it doesn't say how to access RSS or what happens next.
    Karen_C@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Karen,
     [/ref]

    No Bridge is the RSS viewer. If you select Product Help in the Help
    Centre and then for any CS2 product type RSS in the search box you will see:

    To use RSS content in Bridge Center
    RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is an XML format for gathering and
    distributing web content. It displays web content, such as the latest
    information on Adobe products.
    Click Bridge Center in the Favorites panel.
    Note: Bridge Center is available with Adobe Creative Suite only.
    In the RSS Reader section, do any of the following:
    To view content, click to select an RSS site from the list on the left,
    and then click to select a specific topic from the list on the right. If
    you want, click More to start your default web browser and display
    further information on the topic from that RSS website.
    To add the URL of an RSS site, click the plus sign (+) at the top of the
    tab.
    To delete an RSS site from the list, select the site and click the minus
    sign (-).
    To specify how often to check RSS sites for updates, click Open Settings
    and enter a number specifying the interval, in hours.
    To check the RSS sites for updates manually, Click Update Now.
    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Dear Len,
    you are a gem.
    Thank you - I had no idea what to do and I copied your instructions to a Word file to keep and did what you said. Now it works for me.
    I didn't even know Bridge had that function.

    Wish that Adobe could explain things a bit more in the Help section in lay terms when putting out new products like Bridge. I couldn't work it out.

    (I've been using Bridge just to open and drag pics into my programs, which has been a great help as you can see them all.) Thanks again.
    Karen_C@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hi Karen,
     [/ref]

    It's WAY more useful than that! - Particularly when working with Photoshop

    There is a separate Bridge forum at:

    http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14.3bba3d54
    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest