Professional Web Applications Themes

Adobe Photoshop Elements Training CD(VTC) - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Does anyone know the difference between the updated Photoshop Elements and the older version and could the the above mentioned training CD be used as an interface with the older version? I would like to buy it but don't want to waste my money if it will not work....

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Photoshop Elements Training CD(VTC)

    Does anyone know the difference between the updated Photoshop Elements and the older version and could the the above mentioned training CD be used as an interface with the older version?

    I would like to buy it but don't want to waste my money if it will not work.
    Jane Longstaffe Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements Training CD(VTC)

    I have this VTC training CD and it will not work on my G4 Mac, I can get it to work sometimes on my old G3 powerbook. I had to have instructions from their tech support people to get it to work, the instructions are a bit convoluted, but I have them, if you need them to get it to work on a Mac.

    It is OK, but not great. I forgot how much I paid for it, but as I remember it was a bit expensive for what you got. It does have good basic PSE instructions though.
    I haven't used it in a long time.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  3. #3

    I think that I paid about $99 for the VTC one. One CD. This one works on PCs, and only marginally on Macs. It is quite nicely done.

    The free one was called "Video Workshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2". This one is only PC, not Mac.

    I ordered another video thing way last spring when I first got PSE. These are DVD Videos, promoted by Dave Cross, who was the person who did the "Tips for PSE users" here on this forum last spring. I ordered their "PSE for Beginners", and the "PSE for Photographers". Then in July when I still had heard nothing, I found that I had saved a toll free phone # for them, called and cancelled the Beginner one. Then last Monday, both arrived. And I was charged for both, at $40 each, I still haven't looked at them , but the communication with this company is almost non-existant, so beware. I will look at them and let you know. But if they can't get their orders correct, I would not recommend them.
    But I must look at them before I make any real comments. I shall post the results here, after the big summer finale weekend.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  4. #4

    I never could get the Video Workshop to work on any of my Macs, so took it to the computer place that I volunteer at. Worked there on the PCs. Maybe I should try it on my husband's iMac, as it has very little other stuff to conflict with on it.

    I will be looking at the Dave Cross ones later, its the Last Weekend of the Season here, and we will be out-doors most all these days. Unless it rains,,,,
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  5. #5

    Barb,
    Where can I get the free "Video Workshop, Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2"??

    Stephen
    stephen Law Guest

  6. #6

    I don't know if you still can, Stephen. When PE first came out it came with a coupon for it, or you could sign up for it on the Adobe site when you registered, I think.

    It was a nice little introduction to PE, but getting it to run was a nightmare for many people. This forum was filled with exotic workaround attempts for a long time. It was slightly more likely to run on Windows than Mac, but both had trouble with it.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  7. #7

    You might contact totaltraining.com to see if they still have any left.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Stephen, I have had all the troubles with my CD that Barbara has described here.
    I can get to work on a PC where I volunteer, but it crashed the machine a couple of times.
    [url]www.adobe.com/pselementscd[/url] is the website on the cd inst. card that came with my PSE, and I just looked at it. The CD was discontinued on Feb. 28 '02
    That is all the info that I have. Good luck.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks Barb and Jane. I just want to find some PE2 tutorial
    I think I have to go back and study the PE2 book that I purchased

    Stephen
    stephen Law Guest

  10. #10

    Stephen,

    Working along with a good book is a fine way to learn. Doing a search on Google for tutorials will swamp you with hits. There are many excellent tutorials on the internet for free. If you are new to the program, I'd suggest you use the word Beginner in your search parameters. A large percentage of tutorials written for full Photoshop will be equally valuable to you.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  11. #11

    Stephen,

    I have another suggestion. Many people have a hard time getting their teeth around the concepts of pixels, dpi, ppi and resolution. All images are composed of nothing more than a gridlike arrangement of tiny boxes called pixels. Misunderstanding is rampant when it comes to the subject of image size on a monitor vs printed version. If you don't completely understand this topic, I think the best place to begin studying PSE is at the following excellent website of Wayne Fulton.

    <http://www.scantips.com>

    Start with the intro page
    Two nice tuts to begin with are

    <http://www.elated.com/tutorials/graphics/photoshop/intro_layers/>
    <http://www.espressographics.com/text/selections.html>
    Nancy S Guest

  12. #12

    Just a quick note to explain the delay in shipping the DVDs to people like Jane. I hate to shift the blame, but really must in this case. The supplier who was producing the DVDs for us had so many problems and made so many mistakes that, well, they are no longer our supplier. We made the mistake of advertising the availability of the DVDs before we should have, and for that I humbly apologize.
    I would be the first to admit that the DVDs were very late in arriving, and we have made every effort to avoid that in the future. The poor folks in our customer service department never were given complete information to pass on to people who had placed orders, and that was unfair to them and to our customers. Again, we have fixed that.
    The bottom line? I hope people will look past the previous problems we had to work through, and will enjoy the DVDs!
    Dave
    Dave Cross Guest

  13. #13

    Sorry, one more thing....
    Jane (and/or anyone else who has the DVDs)
    Please do post your "review" of the DVD(s), ignoring the fact that I am "listening in". Good or not so good, I can take it! ;)
    Dave Cross Guest

  14. #14

    Hi Dave, I just received mine, and just put it into my other Mac, and it started to play very well.
    This is one of the first instruction CDs that has played properly on my Mac!
    I also ordered the other one, for Photographers, too.

    I am watching it now,,,,, hey, I really like it!
    This is really excellent! Being a DVD means that I can play it on our television too.

    Listening and watching, I give this 5 stars!
    Thank you, Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  15. #15

    Dave,
    can you tell me how i get the dvd's, i logged in to your site, but i didnt see anything on elements.
    thanks,
    mx-mom
    mx-mom Guest

  16. #16

    Nancy,
    Thanks for recomandation of the 2 tutorial sites. Contents are very useful

    Stephen
    stephen Law Guest

  17. #17

    mx-mom,
    check out [url]www.photoshopvideos.com[/url] and look in the DVD section and the 2 Elements DVDs are there.
    (Nothing official yet, but they will probably be available on amazon soon too)

    Jane, I'm very glad that you like them :)
    Dave Cross Guest

  18. #18

    I am just getting started using PSE ver. 1. I try to access "On-Line Training" from the Adobe site but it keeps asking me to register my product (which I've already done). I think I've exhausted my efforts with it and will try other methods of training. Does anyone know of a third-party CD-ROM based tutorial that would be a wise investment? I've tried some books but have difficulty grasping the concepts. I appreciate any help. Thanks

    Rich
    Rich G Guest

  19. #19

    Rich G

    Maybe try [url]www.totaltraining.com[/url]

    This CD training package features Deke McClelland

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  20. #20

    Rich
    I am brand new to image editing. Rather than buying all the books out there, I request them from our local library. Right now I have PSE2 Solutions by M Aaland and 50 Fast Digital Photo Techniques on the way. If the information is useful to me (more like, can I understand what they are telling me) than I would buy the book.
    Just an idea.
    Michelle Wheeler
    MLWHEELER Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast