Professional Web Applications Themes

Advantages of Conribute over Mambo - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I need to build a neighborhood website that I can add content to several times each day. it will display sports scores and other neighborhood information. I need to be able to add pictures to be sold to parents. I also would like to be able to charge merchants to advertise on my site. Would contribute be the best to use for daily updates or should I use a CMS like Mambo? What are the advantages of Contribute over a CMS such as Mambo? Thanks a lot for helping me decide....

  1. #1

    Default Advantages of Conribute over Mambo

    I need to build a neighborhood website that I can add content to several times
    each day. it will display sports scores and other neighborhood information. I
    need to be able to add pictures to be sold to parents. I also would like to be
    able to charge merchants to advertise on my site.

    Would contribute be the best to use for daily updates or should I use a CMS
    like Mambo?

    What are the advantages of Contribute over a CMS such as Mambo?

    Thanks a lot for helping me decide.

    HDDesigns Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Advantages of Conribute over Mambo

    :
    : Would contribute be the best to use for daily updates or should I use a
    CMS
    : like Mambo?
    :
    : What are the advantages of Contribute over a CMS such as Mambo?

    With Contribute you can extend and edit a site that has already been created
    with Dreamweaver or Frontpage.
    With mambo the site comes ready built and can be customised depending on
    your level of expertise and .........patience.
    Mambo comes with a lot of ready made modules that can be plugged in and that
    is a big advantage if you cannot build them yourself in a DW site.
    It is also cheaper to allow other users to edit it because for every user
    you have with C3 you aslo need a licensed copy.

    IMO a well built site in DW is easier & quicker to update using C3 than
    mambo.

    HTH

    Lawrie Guest

  3. #3

    Contribute fits well in the "publishing process workflow" category, of which is
    only one of the many features typically found in a CMS, which is designed to do
    a lot more for a group of people. Although "many features" may sound attractive
    over "one feature", think about whether you need all the features in a CMS, or
    whether Contribute has the "one feature" you only need.

    At my corporation we are using a CMS solutions for HUGE Web projects, and only
    Contribute for small to medium Web projects that don't need as intense a
    management scheme that a CMS would "enforce".

    So, perhaps it comes down to how much "management control" you require.

    Regards,

    Chris

    ChrisRi Guest

  4. #4

    Does Mambo require any server side scripting and/or databases to work?
    mzanime.com Guest

  5. #5

    > Does Mambo require any server side scripting and/or databases to work?

    MySql and PHP 4.1.2 (or higher)

    [url]http://www.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemi d=86[/url]

    --
    Regards