Professional Web Applications Themes

after ftp to server, website not working - Web Design

HELP! I have created a website using publisher 2003 which has been great fun. I have lots of jpeg images, as it is a website for childrens art placemats. There are 13 pages and it's about 200KB. I used IE to ftp to my provider, which worked fine - all the files were there. but nothing is working! the home page is up, but none of the images are there and none of the links work - I next tried using the built in ftp feature that I saw on this user group (david's website) - but now it's telling ...

  1. #1

    Default after ftp to server, website not working

    HELP!
    I have created a website using publisher 2003 which has
    been great fun. I have lots of jpeg images, as it is a
    website for childrens art placemats. There are 13 pages
    and it's about 200KB. I used IE to ftp to my provider,
    which worked fine - all the files were there. but
    nothing is working! the home page is up, but none of the
    images are there and none of the links work -
    I next tried using the built in ftp feature that I saw on
    this user group (david's website) - but now it's telling
    me the ftp folder I'm trying to save to is "read-only" -
    I called my isp and they say it's not read only.
    Is there something wrong with my code?? uggggggg

    thanks for any help you may have -
    Agnes
    Agnes Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: after ftp to server, website not working

    Go thru the gotcha's on the FAQ -
    [url]http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30[/url]

    --
    David Bartosik - MS MVP
    for Publisher help:

    "Agnes" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HELP!
    > I have created a website using publisher 2003 which has
    > been great fun. I have lots of jpeg images, as it is a
    > website for childrens art placemats. There are 13 pages
    > and it's about 200KB. I used IE to ftp to my provider,
    > which worked fine - all the files were there. but
    > nothing is working! the home page is up, but none of the
    > images are there and none of the links work -
    > I next tried using the built in ftp feature that I saw on
    > this user group (david's website) - but now it's telling
    > me the ftp folder I'm trying to save to is "read-only" -
    > I called my isp and they say it's not read only.
    > Is there something wrong with my code?? uggggggg
    >
    > thanks for any help you may have -
    > Agnes

    David Bartosik MS MVP Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks David for the quick response. When using IE to
    upload I first sent over the index file, which was not in
    the subfolder - then I opened the subfolder and selected
    all the files then copied. Does the actual subfolder need
    to be present on the hosting server?
    Any suggestions on the "read-only"

    thanks again,
    Agnes

    Guest

  4. #4

    Of course it does, which is why Publisher should be uploading. I'd suggest
    using your web host's control panel file manager to delete all your current
    site files. Then try again to publish with Pub doing a clean upload.

    --

    > Thanks David for the quick response. When using IE to
    > upload I first sent over the index file, which was not in
    > the subfolder - then I opened the subfolder and selected
    > all the files then copied. Does the actual subfolder need
    > to be present on the hosting server?
    > Any suggestions on the "read-only"
    >
    > thanks again,
    > Agnes