Professional Web Applications Themes

again. poor performence - Macromedia Fireworks

Hello, Again. I was here 2 days a go and was writing about the poor performance of MX 04. moving elemts can be a pain in the...I can move a small image and it will continue to move after I left the mouse. the suggestion that i received from Murray was to work without Norton. well it looked like it was the problem until now. all symptoms have caome back. eveything is so slow and slogish that I can not work. I am using Windows Xp pro. 512 Ram, 1.5 mhz P4. at the time working with FW mx 04, ...

  1. #1

    Default again. poor performence

    Hello, Again.

    I was here 2 days a go and was writing about the poor performance of MX
    04. moving elemts can be a pain in the...I can move a small image and it
    will continue to move after I left the mouse.

    the suggestion that i received from Murray was to work without Norton.
    well it looked like it was the problem until now. all symptoms have
    caome back. eveything is so slow and slogish that I can not work.

    I am using Windows Xp pro. 512 Ram, 1.5 mhz P4. at the time working with
    FW mx 04, nothing else was opened. all RAM just for FW mx...

    MM??

    thanks

    Mic
    Mic Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:again. poor performence

    Ugh, mine does that sometimes and it's annoying. In my experience, it does it because I have too much running in the background. For example, when I work with Fireworks, I'll have my headphones on, with WinAmp running. And maybe I'll have Yahoo Messenger up, talking to friends in between projects, etc. This will sometimes lag me. But not often.

    Check your computer's resources. If you hit Control + Alt + Delete (don't hold it down), it should bring up a message showing everything that you are running in the background. If you have a whole list of things, you need to check to see what's on your Start Up menu.

    homepage
    etiphany Guest

  3. #3

    "etiphany" com wrote:

    I wrote in my post that these performance issues happen also when
    nothing is running except FW MX 04...512 RAM just for FW.

    I noticed that performance goes down the more time you work and the more
    files are opened. it's as is FW doesn't now how to handle RAM. it just
    doesn't dump the unneccesary RAM.

    mic
    Mic Guest

  4. #4

    Then why would many other users not experience this?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Mic" <co.il> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    "etiphany" com wrote:
    | If you hit Control + Alt + Delete (don't hold it down), it should
    bring up a message showing everything that you are running in the
    background. If you have a whole list of things, you need to check to
    see what's on your Start Up menu.

    This has no effect on Fireworks, if shutting down program is what you
    mean. Fireworks MX 2004 just has a different way it allocates its memory
    to RAM. This problem has been around and people reporting on it ever
    since it came out last year.

    The only workaround I know of is to restart Fireworks. It really has
    nothing to do is your system if up to the task, because 512 Mb RAM
    should be more than enough to run Fireworks.
    I'm running with 1024 Mb RAM here and an Athlon 2600+ which should be
    more than enough for this problem NOT TO OCCUR. Yet it happens after
    working for half an hour or so. Especially when you're working with
    photos and heavy duty graphics.

    --

    Intensily,

    Coen Naninck

    "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    passion!"
    _______________________________

    E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    ================================

    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:

    *** FREESTYLERMX ***

    http://freestylermx.net

    *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***

    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks

    Coen Guest

  6. #6

    Or because they aren't getting it and don't report that either....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Coen Naninck" <net> wrote in message

    > --
    >

    > Intensily,
    >
    > Coen Naninck
    >

    > "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    > passion!"
    > _______________________________
    >
    > E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    > ================================
    >
    > Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:
    >
    > *** FREESTYLERMX ***
    >
    > http://freestylermx.net
    >

    > *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***
    >
    > http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks
    >

    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  9. #9

    Coen Naninck wrote:

    I'm not seeing it on two machines, one Win2K and one XP Pro. FWMX04
    7.0.1 is faster than FWMX ever was for me and remains so through editing
    sessions.

    Stéphane
    Stéphane Guest

  10. #10

    FWMX2004's editing is indeed faster in principle. Objects move smoother
    and faster but the lag is created after a certain time.

    I have no doubt that this doesn't occur on your machine for it may very
    well be a configuration issue rather than performance of the installed
    hardware.

  11. #11

    Coen:

    Or a workflow issue, too....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > > I'm not seeing it on two machines, one Win2K and one XP Pro. FWMX04
    > > 7.0.1 is faster than FWMX ever was for me and remains so through editing
    > > sessions.
    > >
    > > Stéphane[/ref]
    >

    > --
    >

    > Intensily,
    >
    > Coen Naninck
    >

    > "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    > passion!"
    > _______________________________
    >
    > E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    > ================================
    >
    > Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:
    >
    > *** FREESTYLERMX ***
    >
    > http://freestylermx.net
    >

    > *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***
    >
    > http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks
    >

    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  12. #12

    Murray *TMM* wrote:

    Quite possible. And I have a slower machine than Coen. I don't have
    Norton AV on my home WinXP machine but I do at work on Win2K and FW is
    equally snappy here and I don't notice any increasing lag as time
    passes. These are very tough problems to pinpoint for software developers.

    Stéphane
    Stéphane Guest

  14. #14

    Workflow = the way you do something. You and I may accomplish the same
    thing in a very different way. It could also be related to the kinds of
    images we work on - you are always working on 1600x1280 photos and I am only
    every working on 10x10 repeating icons, or something.....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > --
    >

    > Intensily,
    >
    > Coen Naninck
    >

    > "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    > passion!"
    > _______________________________
    >
    > E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    > ================================
    >
    > Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:
    >
    > *** FREESTYLERMX ***
    >
    > http://freestylermx.net
    >

    > *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***
    >
    > http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks
    >

    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  15. #15

    Yes, I saw that you wrote that, but in my experience, everything *looks* closed, but if you Control + Alt + Delete (not reboot), a whole list of things is still running in the background.

    <<<<<I wrote in my post that these performance issues happen also when
    nothing is running except FW MX 04...512 RAM just for FW.

    I noticed that performance goes down the more time you work and the more
    files are opened. it's as is FW doesn't now how to handle RAM. it just
    doesn't dump the unneccesary RAM.

    mic >>>>>

    Hmm, weird. When I simply close Fireworks, and re-open it, it still lags. But when I reboot my entire system, it doesn't lag anymore. I'll have to check it out the next time it does it.

    <<<<<The only workaround I know of is to restart Fireworks. It really has
    nothing to do is your system if up to the task, because 512 Mb RAM
    should be more than enough to run Fireworks.
    I'm running with 1024 Mb RAM here and an Athlon 2600+ which should be
    more than enough for this problem NOT TO OCCUR. Yet it happens after
    working for half an hour or so. Especially when you're working with
    photos and heavy duty graphics.>>>>>>

    Thanks, =)
    Tiff

    homepage
    etiphany Guest

  17. #17

    Coen Naninck wrote:
    Thanks Coen...

    you sum it up for me. the only sad solution is to restart FW when things
    start to slow down. pity for MM and pity for us I guess. well I hope MM
    will release a fix for these problematic issues and not a new version.

    Mic
    do not believe everything you read...
    Mic Guest

  19. #19

    Mic wrote:

    Hmm. It sounds like your system is working normally some days, and not
    normally other days. Can you give us out here any clues about what else
    might be changing there between those two conditions?

    (We could make some guesses based on the statistics of prior
    conversations, as with that anti-viral scenario which is a common topic
    around here, or even wilder guesses like a zombie process on your
    machine which is stealing cycles to send out spam, but you're closer to
    the changes and have a better idea of what else is happening on the good
    days and the bad days.)

    jd

    --
    John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco CA
    Soapbox column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/

    John Guest

  20. #20

    John Dowdell wrote:

    > Hmm. It sounds like your system is working normally some days, and not
    > normally other days. Can you give us out here any clues about what else
    > might be changing there between those two conditions?
    >
    > (We could make some guesses based on the statistics of prior
    > conversations, as with that anti-viral scenario which is a common topic
    > around here, or even wilder guesses like a zombie process on your
    > machine which is stealing cycles to send out spam, but you're closer to
    > the changes and have a better idea of what else is happening on the good
    > days and the bad days.)
    >
    > jd
    >

    >[/ref]
    thanks jd,

    I do not have good and bad days. these symptoms have been with this
    specific product also with FW mx (not 04). I do not have problems with
    Photoshop, Premiere or 3D max. they can work all day for days rendering
    ect' and wont slow down.
    I have Zone Alarm and Ad Aware running in the background all the time.
    could be that something is doing some "checkups" here and there but it
    shouldn't effect FW MX 04 that much. FW 4 and 3 where just fine. the
    same goes about Freehand. version 5-8 where fine. now I have version 10
    and here I stop. no more FH for me.

    So I guess we are all stuck with 2 main players in the graphic software
    business, and once we have chosen a path (MM or Adobe) we kind of stuck
    with that decision .

    Have a good day everyone, there are bigger things to worry about...

    Mic
    Mic Guest