Anyone who thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the fence ought
to visit the Adobe forum. Both companies are struggling to provide their
demanding customer base with desirable feature sets and improved
functionality. And the common thread in both forums is.... "Please, no more
new features until you fix the ones you've already got." Sound familiar?

I use AI and FH every day (both v10) and am acquainted with each program's
distinct advantages. Though AI has some features that I really like
(especially transparency and drop shadows that really work, better
'finishing' tools), Freehand has it all over Illustrator in terms of
facility and object creation. Everything comes together so much faster in
Freehand.