Professional Web Applications Themes

Air Brush Outline bleeds to the neighboring shape... - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi all. This is my first post and I'm a moderate user (but quickly becoming a big fan) of the Fireworks, so bear with me... I'm deisgning a logo and building custom letters for its text (outlining the shape/frame of a letter with a pen tool, and then filling it up with a color)... But when I apply an air brush tool to give it a nice outside outline (or border) (I apply the air brush stroke and then click on the "outside stroke" option/button in the Object panel), the airbrush stroke bleeds onto the body of the next letter, ...

  1. #1

    Default Air Brush Outline bleeds to the neighboring shape...

    Hi all.

    This is my first post and I'm a moderate user (but quickly becoming a big fan) of the Fireworks, so bear with me...

    I'm deisgning a logo and building custom letters for its text (outlining the shape/frame of a letter with a pen tool, and then filling it up with a color)...

    But when I apply an air brush tool to give it a nice outside outline (or border) (I apply the air brush stroke and then click on the "outside stroke" option/button in the Object panel), the airbrush stroke bleeds onto the body of the next letter, which in turn has an airbrush outline as well... So, each subsequent letter oveshadows the preceding one. Or I can clean up an individual letter only by bring it to the front... This works only if the letters are distant from each other, but in my case, the etxt is very dense, and I want to add a really thick air-brush stroke as a general outline (kinda like a hugging fog)

    How do I make them all on one level and clean solid color with a nice cloudy brush stroke outside the whole text (I"m using a really thick airbrush)...

    Can anyone help????
    This is kinda very important to me

    Thanks folks.

    Ent0001 Guest

  2. #2

    In article <bt2r0s$g83$macromedia.com>,
    "Ent0001" com wrote:

    Don't do that! Set the type, then convert it to outlines from the menu.
    Ungroup it to get individual letters. But you don't need to do even
    that, unless you need to alter a character's shape--just apply a fill to
    the type.

    Instead of the airbrush, apply a Glow effect. The glows of adjacent
    characters can intermingle, but won't enter the fill of the letters.

    --
    Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
    http://www.hummingbirds.net/

  3. #3

    Lanny,

    Thank you very much for your detailed response. It helped somewhat (& I also learned about the Glow tool - yo-hoooo!), but still doesn't solve my problem, as the glow bleeds onto the body of the letter as well.... I've tried a lot of things - doesn't work...

    BTW, what exactly do u mean by "Setting the type" (do u mean just use actual font letters and apply effects to them?) If yes, I'm kinda making very specific and different text, so regular fonts wwon't work as nicely

    I'm using the pen tool to outline the contours of a letter (say, Letter "O" would be 2 circles - one inside the other and I fill up solid colors in between). But I don't even need the the fill color as much, mostly care about a nice Glow outside the letter... and need to make them all equally clean and solid...

    Something like this (see attached image)... Darn, it says I'm not allowed to upload an image file...
    Well... you'll see what I mean if you visit: www.matteblack.com. Except I want a light text with darker glow outside....

    Hope you can help me.

    Thanks again.
    Ent

    Ent0001 Guest

  4. #4

    Ent0001;
    Your sample is likely just black text on a black background with a white
    glow. I suspect you are having problems because you are hand drawing your
    "letters". See if grouping or joining the strokes before applying the glow
    gives the desired result. -Tom Unger

    Tom Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you guys for your help....

    <<Don't do that! Set the type, then convert it to outlines from the menu.
    Ungroup it to get individual letters. But you don't need to do even
    that, unless you need to alter a character's shape--just apply a fill to
    the type.>>

    Lanny, you were right all along... I finally figured what you were saying, tried that, and it worked perfectly. Great tip.

    Again, thank you for your help.

    Ent.

    Ent0001 Guest