Hi all

I'm trying to use my Alcatel Speedtouch USB under a Mandrake 9.0
(default kernel, 2.4.19 in this case)
I've installed all the required modules and when I plug the modem, I can
see in /var/log/messages that the modem is recognized and that it
initialises itself correctly (good up and down speed).
However, I don't know how to configure the system to use the modem in
Bridged Ethernet mode (RFC1483B). I have all the configuration details
from my ISP and Windows, but I don't know where to setup the VPI and VCI
values, I don't know where to put the values for the static IP as I just
have two interfaces : eth0 and lo for my network card and lo for the
loopback.
I'm sure I missed something, but I don't know what. I browsed the web
extensively, but still couldn't find anything except for other people
having the same problem. I tried the br2684ctl tool to add an ATM
interface, but it gives an error saying that the nas0 interface cannot
be created because there is no such device.
If anyone could help this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

OBones