Professional Web Applications Themes

All-Caps extension or command? - Macromedia Fireworks

Anyone have something like this.....y'know, change text to all-caps? -- BR "foosball is th' DEVIL, Bobby Bouchet"...

  1. #1

    Default All-Caps extension or command?

    Anyone have something like this.....y'know, change text to all-caps?

    --
    BR
    "foosball is th' DEVIL, Bobby Bouchet"

    Bill Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: All-Caps extension or command?

    Hey thanks!!!

    Generally it's for when a client wants a graphic changed and I'm too lazy to
    retype the characters. :)

  3. #3

    On 8/8/2003 12:30 PM, Bill Ray wrote:
    > Anyone have something like this.....y'know, change text to all-caps?
    Quick and dirty: change to an all caps font. :-P

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  4. #4

    I like it quick and dirty.......grrr...... :)

    --

    "Linda Rathgeber" <lightlysc.rr.com> wrote in message

    > On 8/8/2003 12:30 PM, Bill Ray wrote:
    > > Anyone have something like this.....y'know, change text to all-caps?
    >
    > Quick and dirty: change to an all caps font. :-P
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Linda Rathgeber
    > ----------------
    > Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    > Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    > Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    > Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    > Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    > -----------------

    Bill Ray Guest

  5. #5

    Here you go: [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com/Extensions/index.asp[/url]

    Kelley

    "Bill Ray" <billbillraydrums.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone have something like this.....y'know, change text to all-caps?
    >
    > --
    > BR
    > "foosball is th' DEVIL, Bobby Bouchet"

    Kelley Rao Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks Kelley!!!

  7. #7

    errrrr....ummmmm darn it if you aren't correct (my bad) -- I guess it will
    still be helpful though, yes?

    Kelley

  8. #8

    errrr...ummm. Isn't that for DW? I thought Bill Ray was talking about
    changing case on FW text objects. Could have been a bad assumption on my
    part. It does look like that would be very handy for DW. No more
    ALT-TABbing into TextPad. :o)

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Kelley Rao" <kraolightsoffweb-eze.com> wrote in message
    > Here you go: [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com/Extensions/index.asp[/url]
    >
    > Kelley
    >
    > "Bill Ray" <billbillraydrums.com> wrote in message
    > > Anyone have something like this.....y'know, change text to all-caps?
    > >
    > > --
    > > BR
    > > "foosball is th' DEVIL, Bobby Bouchet"

    Sam Poikail Guest

  9. #9

    >> I guess it will still be helpful though, yes?
    I expect it will... haven't had a chance to download it yet.

    Now it has be wondering if might include something like a "SmartCase"
    feature which properly handles names like "O'Malley" and "McTaggert"

    I innocently put that in as a optional feature in a database app a few years
    back and the response was quite shocking.... in a good way ;o)

    Cheers,
    Sam

    > errrrr....ummmmm darn it if you aren't correct (my bad) -- I guess it will
    > still be helpful though, yes?
    >
    > Kelley

    Sam Poikail Guest

  10. #10

    Bill,

    Courtesy of Kleanthis Economou:

    The Switch Case Command

    Bill, you can use this Command on either
    - lower case text fields,
    - upper case text fields,
    - or mixed.
    The latter will be converted to the chosen format. You can find the file
    on my webserver at the following location:

    [url]http://www.wetworks.nl/forum/SwitchCase.zip[/url]

    Have fun!

    Bill Ray wrote:
    > Anyone have something like this.....y'know, change text to all-caps?

    Coen Naninck Guest

  11. #11

    Coen Naninck wrote:
    > Bill,
    >
    > Courtesy of Kleanthis Economou:
    >
    > The Switch Case Command
    >
    > Bill, you can use this Command on either
    > - lower case text fields,
    > - upper case text fields,
    > - or mixed.
    > The latter will be converted to the chosen format. You can find the file
    > on my webserver at the following location:
    >
    > [url]http://www.wetworks.nl/forum/SwitchCase.zip[/url]
    You might want to point people to Kleanthis' Project Fireworks site
    instead and remove that file from your server. Extensions are
    copyrighted work you know so unless you asked him permission to put the
    file on your server you should remove it (if you have asked and he said
    yes ignore me). Switch case along with a number of other little gems can
    be found here:

    [url]http://www.projectfireworks.com/Lab.aspx?show=extension_fw_3_4.html[/url]

    Stéphane

    Stéphane Bergeron Guest

  12. #12

    I stand correct. You are right Stéphane. I will remove the Command.
    I did contact Kleanthis before but I never received a reply from him.
    Although that was some time ago, not for asking permission about this
    Command.

    I'll refer to the authors website from now on. I respect peoples work of
    course, that is why I mentioned his name.

    Thanks!

    --

    Kind regards,

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

    Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post
    them on the Forum instead. I can't contribute my time I have in
    this Forum to also answering questions outside the Forum. It just
    takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    If you are sending me a file on my own request for help purposes,
    then please include the thread subject header.

    Thank you.

    E-mail : [email]ccnkHAHAhome.nl[/email]
    Business: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    Coen Naninck Guest