Professional Web Applications Themes

All Fonts changed into Paths? - Macromedia Freehand

Hello everybody - I use Freehand MX for Designing whenever something has to be printed afterwards. But before I send my data to the Print Shop I have to change all the texts in the Doent into paths. In large doents with lots of text, this can be quite a hazzle - and something is easily overlooked or forgotten. QUESTION 1: Is there a way to change ALL texts into paths with one single action? QUESTION 2: Is there a quick way to find out if some text was NOT changed (perhaps forgotten to change it into paths) and still ...

  1. #1

    Default All Fonts changed into Paths?

    Hello everybody - I use Freehand MX for Designing whenever something has to be
    printed afterwards. But before I send my data to the Print Shop I have to
    change all the texts in the Doent into paths. In large doents with lots
    of text, this can be quite a hazzle - and something is easily overlooked or
    forgotten.

    QUESTION 1: Is there a way to change ALL texts into paths with one single
    action?

    QUESTION 2: Is there a quick way to find out if some text was NOT changed
    (perhaps forgotten to change it into paths) and still remains text?

    Thank you for your help!

    BigWillText

    big_will Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: All Fonts changed into Paths?

    Select all (command + A on Mac)

    Choose Text>Convert to path.

    All typ on page will be converted. You can zoom out and use the
    mouse to select everything on all pages to convert all text to
    path on multiple pages.

    dp

    big_will wrote:
    > Hello everybody - I use Freehand MX for Designing whenever something has to be
    > printed afterwards. But before I send my data to the Print Shop I have to
    > change all the texts in the Doent into paths. In large doents with lots
    > of text, this can be quite a hazzle - and something is easily overlooked or
    > forgotten.
    >
    > QUESTION 1: Is there a way to change ALL texts into paths with one single
    > action?
    >
    > QUESTION 2: Is there a quick way to find out if some text was NOT changed
    > (perhaps forgotten to change it into paths) and still remains text?
    >
    > Thank you for your help!
    >
    > BigWillText

    David Plank Guest

  4. #4

    I normally turn the preview off and this makes it easier to see any text blocks that have not been converted into paths.
    MurrayRL Guest

  5. #5

    big_will wrote:
    > Hello everybody - I use Freehand MX for Designing whenever something has to be
    > printed afterwards. But before I send my data to the Print Shop I have to
    > change all the texts in the Doent into paths. In large doents with lots
    > of text, this can be quite a hazzle - and something is easily overlooked or
    > forgotten.
    >
    > QUESTION 1: Is there a way to change ALL texts into paths with one single
    > action?
    >
    > QUESTION 2: Is there a quick way to find out if some text was NOT changed
    > (perhaps forgotten to change it into paths) and still remains text?
    >
    > Thank you for your help!
    >
    > BigWill

    Other good suggestions in this thread. One quick way to see if there is
    text unconverted is to do a Graphic Find & Replace. Do a select for
    object type and choose Text. Make sure you are searching the doent
    rather than selection.
    Wes Rand Guest

  6. #6

    Unlike previous versions of FH, in FHMX the Select All command will not
    select text blocks that are within groups.

    After doing the Select All command, do a Select > Subselect command until
    every text block is visible. Then convert to paths.

    Set up a custom keyboard shortcut for Select > Subselect to make this
    easier.

    Judy Arndt

    David Plank wrote:
    > Select all (command + A on Mac)
    >
    > Choose Text>Convert to path.
    >
    > All typ on page will be converted. You can zoom out and use the
    > mouse to select everything on all pages to convert all text to
    > path on multiple pages.
    Judy Arndt Guest

  7. #7

    QUESTION 1: Is there a way to change ALL texts into paths with one single
    action?

    Select all, then convert to paths.

    QUESTION 2: Is there a quick way to find out if some text was NOT changed
    (perhaps forgotten to change it into paths) and still remains text?

    Edit->Find & Replace -> Graphics. In this panel click the "select" tab. Set
    the attribute pull-down menu to "font" and choose "any font'. If the find count
    > 0 you still have fonts in your doent.
    -- Anuthing you can explain to a computer is science, the rest is art --

    TonMarkus Guest