Professional Web Applications Themes

All text appear in upper case HELP! - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I don't know why but everything I enter appears in upper case. My caps are off and I checked everywhere I could think off to find how to turn off upper case but to no avail. Has anyone seen this before? How do I turn it off? Thank you....

  1. #1

    Default All text appear in upper case HELP!

    I don't know why but everything I enter appears in upper case. My caps are off and I checked everywhere I could think off to find how to turn off upper case but to no avail. Has anyone seen this before? How do I turn it off? Thank you.
    Hooman Salari Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: All text appear in upper case HELP!

    Hooman,

    Try deleting your preferences file upon boot of the program. Simultaneous hold down of keys alt/ctrl/shift immediately after you click the program icon. Hold down until message appears, answer yes.

    Nancy S Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you Nacy for the quick response, but it did not work. I still get all text showing up in upper case. What else can I do.
    Hooman Salari Guest

  4. #4

    Some fonts only have an upper case typeface. Maybe try changing to a different font.
    Tony Weisse Guest

  5. #5

    I'm having this same problem. I'm on Mac OS 10.2.6, using Elements 2.0. I'm seeing all caps in every font installed. I'd never heard of the alt/control/shift method of deleting preferences, but I'm not getting that to work. If I understand correctly, you hold down all three of these keys immediately after double clicking the Elements icon, correct? All that happens is that Elements opens as usual.
    tuqqer Guest

  6. #6

    That's because you're on a mac. 8^) You need command + option + shift instead. Try that and see if it works.

    EDIT As a general rule, control on a pc = command (apple key) on a mac, and alt =option.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  7. #7

    Those were the keys that I was holding down (on the latest keyboards from Apple, they actually say both Alt and Option on it).

    But I came back to say that I figured out the fix: delete everything associated with Elements (because there's no uninstall that I could find) and reinstall it from the disc. Voilą, it fixed the problem! Typing now works as it should.
    tuqqer Guest

  8. #8

    I'm glad you got it fixed, but it probably wasn't necessary to delete the whole program. If you got no response by holding down command (not control--that's for something else on a mac) + option +shift, you probably just weren't fast enough getting to those keys.

    In any case, if that doesn't work, next time you can try just deleting com.adobe.photoshopelements.plist and the photoshop elements preferences folder, both of which are in your user>library>preferences folder.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  9. #9

    Thank you all for the help. Barbara's suggestion with CTRL+ALT+Shift worked fine the 17th time I tried it. I'm a happy camper again ;)
    Hooman Salari Guest

  10. #10

    I had the same problem - But then I tried holding the buttons prior to launching the program, and it worked on the first try. Thanks for the tips :)
    Cassie Guest