Professional Web Applications Themes

Alphabetical order for palettes in PE Dock - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hello. Sorry if the following question is redundant; I searched this forum first and didn't find an answer. PE 2.0 Panther I want the palettes to be organized alphabetically in PE's palette dock. I have arranged them alphabetically, but after quitting PE and relaunching it, the palettes' order reverted to the unalphabetized default. Does anyone know how to configure PE to "remember" the alphabetical ordering of the palettes in PE's dock? Many thanks in advance!...

  1. #1

    Default Alphabetical order for palettes in PE Dock

    Barry_Fass-Holmes@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Alphabetical order for palettes in PE Dock

    Hey, Barry, nice to see you here. Is "Save palette locations" checked in the preferences. I don't know if that will affect the palette well too or not, but it's a good place to start.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Barbara. I'll check that out and report back (probably tomorrow).

    Cheerio!
    Barry_Fass-Holmes@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Barbara:

    Thanks, but the preference for "Save palette locations" already was checked (by default).

    Any other suggestions on how to make PE 2.0 remember an alphabetical ordering of the palettes in PE's palette dock instead of the default order?
    Barry_Fass-Holmes@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I don't believe you can, Barry. At least, I've been checking around and everything seems to return them to the default order in the dock. Maybe Rich knows a way.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    On my Win98SE installation of PSE2, the order of palette tabs in my palette
    well remains the same between sessions.

    I tested it by rearranging them, then closing and re-starting PSE2. They
    always appear just where I left them.

    Also, if I drag a palette out of the well, when I close it, it returns to
    the spot in the well where I had placed it.

    I have Save Palette Locations selected in Preferences.

    Byron

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Mine don't Byron. Just checked. Maybe it's a windows thing? I'll go try in XP and let you know what happens, Barry.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Nope, just checked and XP does the same thing.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Just to ensure that I was not "seeing things", or giving anyone a bum steer,
    I did an experiment.

    I changed the contents of my palette well by adding a palette tab which I
    ordinarily do not display, and then jumbled the order of everything. I then
    quit PSE2. I then re-booted my PC (Win98SE).

    When I restarted PSE2 after the re-boot, every item in my palette well was
    exactly as I had left it (specifically out of any logical order that I could
    think of).

    We now return you to your regular programming...

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Sorry gang. It is not user configurable.
    Rich
    Richard_Coencas@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Thanks to all for posting.

    I wonder what Byron is doing differently so that it works for him and not the rest of us . . .
    Barry_Fass-Holmes@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Byron is using one of those old-fashioned, "unimproved" OSs! Not everything newer is better!
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Hmmm. Whatever Byron is doing I guess....so am I. It works for me too.

    I moved navigator to the extreme left side of well and hints to the extreme
    right, closed the program and when I re opened they maintained those
    positions.

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Pete,

    Let's start a club!

  15. #15

    OK Byron. U be president since you posted first:)

  16. #16

    Does the Windows version of PE perhaps contain an extra preference/configuration setting that is absent in the Mac version?

    Alternatively, the capability to "remember" palette position may be built into PE for Windows but not in PE for Mac.

    In other words, this might have little to do with the OS and more to do with the version of PE.

    Only Adobe's engineers, QA staff, etc. would know for sure.
    Barry_Fass-Holmes@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    We had one response from an Adobe staff member who said the way in which the tabs displayed was not customizable. The only thing I noticed about the responses in this thread is that both of the people who can get Elements to remember the pallet locations were, I believe, using Win 98.
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Barry, Rich Coencas is an Adobe engineer, so he knows.

    I didn't find anything in XP that would let me do that. In fact, it was more reluctant to let me rearrange the tabs in the well while it was open.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Beth,

    Actually I think we are both using WinXP. (I know I am)

  20. #20

    I am using Win98SE.

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast