Professional Web Applications Themes

Alternative for T.O.A.D. - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

Use Enterprise Manager which gets bundled with Microsofts SQL Server client tools ... This gives you similiar features as TOAD ... -- HTH, Vinod Kumar MCSE, DBA, MCAD SCT Software Solutions [url]http://www32.brinkster.com/sqlvinod[/url] "Harry Leboeuf" <moc.silopenikfueobelh> wrote in message news:##0GheuRDHA.384TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In our Oracle environment we were using TOAD. (Quest.Com), one of the > greatest tools ever written. Now we are switching to Sql-Server and i'm > missing TOAD very badly. > To people that are familliar with TOAD next question. Is there a similar > product for Sql-Server. > > -- > Harry Leboeuf > Email Inversed moc.silopenikfueobelh (For Spam-Reason) ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Alternative for T.O.A.D.

    --
    HTH,
    Vinod Kumar
    MCSE, DBA, MCAD
    SCT Software Solutions
    [url]http://www32.brinkster.com/sqlvinod[/url]

    "Harry Leboeuf" <moc.silopenikfueobelh> wrote in message news:##0GheuRDHA.384TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > In our Oracle environment we were using TOAD. (Quest.Com), one of the
    > greatest tools ever written. Now we are switching to Sql-Server and i'm
    > missing TOAD very badly.
    > To people that are familliar with TOAD next question. Is there a similar
    > product for Sql-Server.
    >
    > --
    > Harry Leboeuf
    > Email Inversed moc.silopenikfueobelh (For Spam-Reason)
    > Visit us at [url]http://www.kinepolis.com[/url]

    Vinodk Guest

  2. #2

    Thanks for the answer but with all my respect, you can bearly call that a
    alternative.
    No way to see all triggers, a quick and fast overview on the tables is
    missing, you have to go into several subwindows/tabscreens ...

    I think i could find quite a list of missing features in the enterprise
    manager. That's normal, the enterprise manager was not a 'developper' tool
    in mind when it was created.

    "Vinodk" <vinodk_scthotmail.com> wrote in message
    Use Enterprise Manager which gets bundled with Microsofts SQL Server client
    tools ... This gives you similiar features as TOAD ...

    --
    HTH,
    Vinod Kumar
    MCSE, DBA, MCAD
    SCT Software Solutions
    [url]http://www32.brinkster.com/sqlvinod[/url]

    "Harry Leboeuf" <moc.silopenikfueobelh> wrote in message
    > In our Oracle environment we were using TOAD. (Quest.Com), one of the
    > greatest tools ever written. Now we are switching to Sql-Server and i'm
    > missing TOAD very badly.
    > To people that are familliar with TOAD next question. Is there a similar
    > product for Sql-Server.
    >
    > --
    > Harry Leboeuf
    > Email Inversed moc.silopenikfueobelh (For Spam-Reason)
    > Visit us at [url]http://www.kinepolis.com[/url]

    Harry Leboeuf Guest

  3. #3

    Query yzer fills some of these holes...

    Also, if you want to see all the triggers, or the details of a table, run a
    query... you don't need a GUI for these things, but that's all the GUI does,
    is run queries to find the information (either from system tables or the
    INFORMATION_SCHEMA views)...

    > Thanks for the answer but with all my respect, you can bearly call that a
    > alternative.
    > No way to see all triggers, a quick and fast overview on the tables is
    > missing, you have to go into several subwindows/tabscreens ...
    >
    > I think i could find quite a list of missing features in the enterprise
    > manager. That's normal, the enterprise manager was not a 'developper' tool
    > in mind when it was created.
    >

    > "Vinodk" <vinodk_scthotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Use Enterprise Manager which gets bundled with Microsofts SQL Server
    client
    > tools ... This gives you similiar features as TOAD ...
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    > Vinod Kumar
    > MCSE, DBA, MCAD
    > SCT Software Solutions
    > [url]http://www32.brinkster.com/sqlvinod[/url]
    >

    > "Harry Leboeuf" <moc.silopenikfueobelh> wrote in message
    > > In our Oracle environment we were using TOAD. (Quest.Com), one of the
    > > greatest tools ever written. Now we are switching to Sql-Server and i'm
    > > missing TOAD very badly.
    > > To people that are familliar with TOAD next question. Is there a similar
    > > product for Sql-Server.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Harry Leboeuf
    > > Email Inversed moc.silopenikfueobelh (For Spam-Reason)
    > > Visit us at [url]http://www.kinepolis.com[/url]

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP Guest

  4. #4

    Surely Aaron has told the other tool ... But if you are seeing a mix of both the worlds then these are the tools presently bundled with SQL Server. Remember that these are Client tools that get bundled with SQL Server ... And comparing with a third party extensive tool might not match one-to-one here ... TOAD is a third party tool and you might landup finding one for SQL Server also ...

  5. #5

    You're right, it is an expensive 3prty tool, but as it was so handy, and
    once you are used for over 8 years to something ....
    We are looking for a 3prty tool, no comments on the standard delivered tools
    with sql server, comparing them to the ones of Oracle they are great.
    But as a developper ......

    So, if anyobe has knowladge of a 3prty tool .......