Professional Web Applications Themes

<alternative solution> - Macromedia Flash

What do you guys use to optimize your SWF files? Coz I was looking for some new solutions, as the tool i used before didn't provide me with the proper quality of optimization...well, it wasn't too bad, but still. Here's what i found on the net: Flash Optimizer, it manages to reduce your SWF files size up to 60-70% thanks to amazing algorythms of vectors, shapes, morphing, Z-buffer, fonts and other optimizations. and it lets you choose every optimization yourself. get a free demo here: [url]http://www.softinfinity.com/products/flashoptimizer/[/url] This should really help all those who deal with Flash....

  1. #1

    Default <alternative solution>

    What do you guys use to optimize your SWF files? Coz I was looking for
    some new solutions, as the tool i used before didn't provide me with
    the proper quality of optimization...well, it wasn't too bad, but
    still.
    Here's what i found on the net: Flash Optimizer, it manages to reduce
    your SWF files size up to 60-70% thanks to amazing algorythms of
    vectors, shapes, morphing, Z-buffer, fonts and other optimizations.
    and it lets you choose every optimization yourself. get a free demo
    here: [url]http://www.softinfinity.com/products/flashoptimizer/[/url]
    This should really help all those who deal with Flash.
    mannia Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: <alternative solution>

    Sounds suspcisiously like an ad to me.

    Its a shame Flash doesn't do this sort of optimising itself.

    The 60-70% is probably best case scenario .. only if you've got lots of
    non-simple vectors that actually take up a lot of room in your SWF in the
    first place.

    Nore often, the big space hogs in SWF files are not the vector shapes, but
    rather the image and the sounds. Picking lower image quality, or reducing
    image color depth or resolution can help greatly. Similarly chossing lower
    sample rates and mono vs stereo for sounds can help there too.

    Only once you've made the BIG saving with those areas (if you have sounds
    and images) is it really worth fine tuning with the optimisation done by
    FlashOptimiser and Optmaze.

    BTW: New SWiSHmax (in public beta now) does vector, image and sound
    optimisation and tweaking itself .. so you can fine turn your SWF inside the
    authoring too where it is best done. No need for third party tools.

    "mannia" <marianneTHEgukr.net> wrote in message
    news:300d8eb0.0307290407.3730711eposting.google.c om...
    > What do you guys use to optimize your SWF files? Coz I was looking for
    > some new solutions, as the tool i used before didn't provide me with
    > the proper quality of optimization...well, it wasn't too bad, but
    > still.
    > Here's what i found on the net: Flash Optimizer, it manages to reduce
    > your SWF files size up to 60-70% thanks to amazing algorythms of
    > vectors, shapes, morphing, Z-buffer, fonts and other optimizations.
    > and it lets you choose every optimization yourself. get a free demo
    > here: [url]http://www.softinfinity.com/products/flashoptimizer/[/url]
    > This should really help all those who deal with Flash.

    noone Guest

  3. #3

    "noone" <noonenowhere.com> wrote in message news:<3f2a68f3_1news.iprimus.com.au>...
    > Sounds suspcisiously like an ad to me.
    >
    > Its a shame Flash doesn't do this sort of optimising itself.
    >
    > The 60-70% is probably best case scenario .. only if you've got lots of
    > > Only once you've made the BIG saving with those areas (if you have sounds
    > and images) is it really worth fine tuning with the optimisation done by
    > FlashOptimiser and Optmaze.non-simple vectors that actually take up a lot of room in your SWF in the
    > first place.
    >
    > Nore often, the big space hogs in SWF files are not the vector shapes, but
    > rather the image and the sounds. Picking lower image quality, or reducing
    > image color depth or resolution can help greatly. Similarly chossing lower
    > sample rates and mono vs stereo for sounds can help there too.
    >

    > BTW: New SWiSHmax (in public beta now) does vector, image and sound
    > optimisation and tweaking itself .. so you can fine turn your SWF inside the
    > authoring too where it is best done. No need for third party tools.

    Sure, Flash Optimizer is much more advanced tool... It provides
    profound optimization--that's what it does. This SWishmax sems to be
    quite handy, too, though it's only beta yet.
    mannia Guest