Professional Web Applications Themes

An exception occurred when instantiating a Com object - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

I am using ASPImage with cold fusion mx 6.1 on JRun 4. We keep getting sporadic errors when trying to instantiate the aspimage com object: An exception occurred when instantiating a Com object.The cause of this exception was that: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can not use native code: Initialisation failed. As reported in other posts, when we restart cf the error goes away and everything seems to be just fine. Does anyone know what causes the error? The server has been running for months with this com object in constant use and has just recently decided to sporadically throw an error. To my ...

  1. #1

    Default An exception occurred when instantiating a Com object

    I am using ASPImage with cold fusion mx 6.1 on JRun 4. We keep getting
    sporadic errors when trying to instantiate the aspimage com object:

    An exception occurred when instantiating a Com object.The cause of this
    exception was that: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can not use native code:
    Initialisation failed.

    As reported in other posts, when we restart cf the error goes away and
    everything seems to be just fine.

    Does anyone know what causes the error? The server has been running for
    months with this com object in constant use and has just recently decided to
    sporadically throw an error. To my knowledge there hasn't been any config
    changes on the server....

    I need to get this sorted out as this is our production server... Can anyone
    help?

    funkygirlAUCA Guest

  2. #2

    OK, we figured it out...

    Each time there was a problem, someone (unbeknownst to me) had been messing
    with the JRun/ColdFusion XML config files. Even though they didn't change
    anything in the files, just messing around with them apparently set CF on a
    path of no return with the COM objects. Restarting CF obviously made it happy
    again.

    It would be NICE if CF forced a restart or gave an error more indicative of
    the problem instead of randomly deciding COM objects wouldn't work....

    anyways, just wanted to post our solution in case anyone comes across this
    later.

    funkygirlAUCA Guest

  3. #3

    Hi all,

    I'm attempting to instantiate a Java COM object using CFOBJECT (see the
    attached code). The object is registered (checked via dcomcnfg), but each time
    an exception is thrown (cause of the exception "AutomtationException:
    0x8007007e")

    I've done a little digging, and it appears that 0x8007007e indicates a
    permissions problem (what users have access to access/launch the COM object) -
    I've tried adding the IIS user accounts, local system, local admins etc with
    full permissions, but I am still getting this error.

    Can anyone offer some advice?

    <CFOBJECT TYPE="COM"
    ACTION="create"
    CLASS="PaymentClient.com.COMClient"