Professional Web Applications Themes

An unidentified error has occurred. - Dreamweaver AppDev

While working on a php/mysql application, Dreamweaver 6.1 suddenly went stupid. My first symptom was that upon trying to add an additional recordset to a page, it came back with "no table found". When I attempted to test the connection, I got the "An unidentified error has occurred." I am desperate! This was fully functional. One day it worked, the next it didn't. The problem is still there when I test on different websites on different hosting services, so I have to assume that the problem is on my end. -- I have tested without my firewall. -- I have ...

  1. #1

    Default An unidentified error has occurred.

    While working on a php/mysql application, Dreamweaver 6.1 suddenly went stupid.
    My first symptom was that upon trying to add an additional recordset to a
    page, it came back with "no table found". When I attempted to test the
    connection, I got the "An unidentified error has occurred." I am desperate!

    This was fully functional. One day it worked, the next it didn't.

    The problem is still there when I test on different websites on different
    hosting services, so I have to assume that the problem is on my end.

    -- I have tested without my firewall.

    -- I have reinstalled Dreamweaver

    -- I have replaced the php.ini file and MMHTTPDB.php file (even though I can't
    think they went corrupt on multiple servers at once)

    -- I have even nuked my system and reinstalled Windows XP from scratch

    Nothing I do seems to make any difference, while my application sits there
    half-done. I would be grateful for any suggestions!

    r.mcinteer Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: An unidentified error has occurred.

    Usually this is down to an incorrect site definition.

    Try my MySQL Connection troubleshooting guide at:

    [url]http://www.dreamweavermxsupport.com/index.php?type=article&pid=60&sid=61[/url]

    Cheers

    --
    Gareth - TMM Dreamweaver
    [url]http://www.dreamweavermxsupport.com/[/url]

    PHP Login Suite V2 - 34 Server Behaviors to build a complete Login system.
    [url]http://www.phploginsuite.co.uk/[/url]

    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter - Apress
    Co-Author: Practical Intranet Development - Apress
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Advanced PHP Web Development - Apress
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: PHP Web Development - Wrox

    gareth Guest

  3. #3

    Very Interesting!

    I never knew about the ftp log. Look what I learned: When I attempt to test
    my db connection, I get the same unidentified error BUT THIS IS DONE WITHOUT
    ANY FTP ACTIVITY! DW is not even asking the server if my connection works, it
    is geting the error before it even connects to the server.

    For example, if I change my username to something wrong, I still get the error
    -- 'cause it didn't even ask the server if my parameters were good or not!

    What in the world could be causing that?

    r.mcinteer Guest

  4. #4

    Have you managed to resolve the issue yet r.mcinteer? I too have this problem
    when trying to connect to the localhost mysql database through Dreamweaver MX.
    I've tried several different combinations of Apache/php/MySQL versions thinking
    that that may be the problem at first, but nothing. I've tried the Dreamweaver
    MX 6.1 patch. I've tried for the last week and a half uninstalling,
    reinstalling, patches, many instalation tutorials, stopping and starting Apache
    server, restarting Windows, the MySQL Troubleshooting Guide posted here by
    Gareth turned out to be fruitless. Short of reinstalling my Windows OS, have
    been officially driven nuts by this stupid uninformative nondescript error.
    My current setup is Windows 2000 Professional (Microsoft Updates all up to
    date), Apache_1.3.27-win32-x86-no_src.msi (down from several versions of Apache
    2), mysql-4.0.12-win.zip (up from several previous versions),
    php-5.0.4-Win32.zip (up from several previous versions)
    Everything is working properly, php test pages display correctly on loclahost,
    MySQL testing returns no errors, Apache testing returns no errors, I can even
    connect to my phpMyAdmin hosted on a box at the other end of the country, but
    to connect to a database on the same computer as the server? meh, I have a
    headache. :/

    bombardos Guest

  5. #5

    I give up and attempt to move on, then (like today) I decide to try again to find the answer. Still nothing. I just wish I knew what changed: it was working fine...then nothing!
    r.mcinteer Guest

  6. #6

    Cool Re: An unidentified error has occurred.

    I use Appserv for running my PHP machine, and that ERROR still show.
    I try to Uninstall Appserv and i use XAMPP, that problem can resolved.

    hope this can help u guys...?
    just some1 Guest

  7. #7

    I had same problem here.. what I did was,, go to "Site-Advance-Remove Connection Script"
    then test your connection again.. It work for me.. hope this will help u out
    TINIPI.COM Guest