Professional Web Applications Themes

animated gif problem - Macromedia Fireworks

You didn't say what browser you were using..... From your URL or locally, I could recreate the problem using IE6 SP1. No problems in FWMX. What I did to solve the problem was to add some space to the bottom of the GIF so that it wasn't sitting flush against the bottom of the images. That fixed the problem when viewed locally in IE. It also fixed the problem for when it is viewed from a server over a dialup line. Hope that helps... Cheers Sam "lingo" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message news:bh0i78$fuk$1forums.macromedia.com... > wondering if anyone can help with an ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: animated gif problem

    You didn't say what browser you were using.....

    From your URL or locally, I could recreate the problem using IE6 SP1. No
    problems in FWMX.

    What I did to solve the problem was to add some space to the bottom of the
    GIF so that it wasn't sitting flush against the bottom of the images.

    That fixed the problem when viewed locally in IE. It also fixed the problem
    for when it is viewed from a server over a dialup line.

    Hope that helps...

    Cheers
    Sam

    "lingo" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > wondering if anyone can help with an issue i've got with an animated gif.
    the gif previews fine in both fireworks & explorer but when i've loaded it
    onto the page in dreamweaver & then onto the server it shows some untidy
    looking pixels under & around the 'n' of the icon logo.

    > does anyone know why this is or what i may have done wrong or if theres a
    workaround. i've checked & double-checked the frames of the animation & it
    all looks clean.there also appears to be a similar glitch earlier on in the
    animation.

    > i'd be very grateful for any help.
    > thanks a lot
    >
    > [url]http://www.iconsportsmanagement.com/example.htm[/url]
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.iconsportsmanagement.com/example.htm[/url]

    Sam Poikail Guest

  2. #2

    lingo:

    That is curious for sure. When I preview in IE directly from FW, I see the
    same "garbage" that you are seeing when you view it on the server.

    I have looked at it in FW, but I am not sure what is causing this.

    Can you share you .png with us?

    --
    Kevin French

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Fireworks

    "lingo" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > wondering if anyone can help with an issue i've got with an animated gif.
    the gif previews fine in both fireworks & explorer but when i've loaded it
    onto the page in dreamweaver & then onto the server it shows some untidy
    looking pixels under & around the 'n' of the icon logo.

    > does anyone know why this is or what i may have done wrong or if theres a
    workaround. i've checked & double-checked the frames of the animation & it
    all looks clean.there also appears to be a similar glitch earlier on in the
    animation.

    > i'd be very grateful for any help.
    > thanks a lot
    >
    > [url]http://www.iconsportsmanagement.com/example.htm[/url]
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.iconsportsmanagement.com/example.htm[/url]

    :::Kevin French::: Guest

  3. #3

    Sam:

    I tried adding 2 px to the bottom as well and it made the problem worse for
    me when I previewed from FW in IE 6.1

  4. #4

    Haha!!! I did the same thing!

    Take 2px and call me in the AM

    --
    BR
    "foosball is th' DEVIL, Bobby Bouchet"

    ":::Kevin French:::" <kfrenchno_spam_mm2k.net> wrote in message
    > Sam:
    >
    > I tried adding 2 px to the bottom as well and it made the problem worse
    for
    > me when I previewed from FW in IE 6.1
    >
    > --
    > Kevin French
    >
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Fireworks
    >

    > "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > You didn't say what browser you were using.....
    > >
    > > From your URL or locally, I could recreate the problem using IE6 SP1.
    No
    > > problems in FWMX.
    > >
    > > What I did to solve the problem was to add some space to the bottom of
    the
    > > GIF so that it wasn't sitting flush against the bottom of the images.
    > >
    > > That fixed the problem when viewed locally in IE. It also fixed the
    > problem
    > > for when it is viewed from a server over a dialup line.
    > >
    > > Hope that helps...
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Sam
    > >
    > > "lingo" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > > wondering if anyone can help with an issue i've got with an animated
    > gif.
    > > the gif previews fine in both fireworks & explorer but when i've loaded
    it
    > > onto the page in dreamweaver & then onto the server it shows some untidy
    > > looking pixels under & around the 'n' of the icon logo.
    > > >
    > > > does anyone know why this is or what i may have done wrong or if
    theres
    > > workaround. i've checked & double-checked the frames of the animation &
    it
    > > all looks clean.there also appears to be a similar glitch earlier on in
    > the
    > > animation.
    > > >
    > > > i'd be very grateful for any help.
    > > > thanks a lot
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.iconsportsmanagement.com/example.htm[/url]
    > > >

    > > > Referring URLs
    > > > [url]http://www.iconsportsmanagement.com/example.htm[/url]

    Bill Ray Guest

  5. #5

    sam
    thanks for the reply, i'm using ie6 & your method does sort it but the way the top of the page is at the moment, the logo is sat flush to the 2 bars. it may be i need to make it a couple of pixels smaller.
    thanks again
    paul

    lingo webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    I know.... when I first saw your post, I was pretty sure that was causing
    the problem.... my second thought was that you had probably spent some time
    getting the animation and header area just so.... :O( If it helps any, I
    spent a fair amount of yesterday evening and last night "tilting at pixels".

    At least it's Friday....

    > sam
    > thanks for the reply, i'm using ie6 & your method does sort it but the way
    the top of the page is at the moment, the logo is sat flush to the 2 bars.
    it may be i need to make it a couple of pixels smaller.
    > thanks again
    > paul

    Sam Poikail Guest

  7. #7

    i've replaced the gif on the page with the png. hope this helps. the animation isnt working now although the png performs ok in fw.
    thanks again
    paul

  8. #8

    Image to the right of the logo now appears as a broken link.

    I assume the PNG file hasn't been exported. It came down as 133K, which is
    kind of heavy for a logo, esp. at 56K.

    :O(

  9. #9

    Sam Poikail wrote:
    >Image to the right of the logo now appears as a broken link.
    >
    >I assume the PNG file hasn't been exported. It came down as 133K, which is
    >kind of heavy for a logo, esp. at 56K.
    >
    >:O(
    >
    >Sam
    >
    >"lingo" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>i've replaced the gif on the page with the png. hope this helps. the
    >>

    >animation isnt working now although the png performs ok in fw.
    >

    >>thanks again
    >>paul
    >>

    >>[url]http://www.iconsportsmanagement.com/example.htm[/url]

    To all:

    We do some pretty aggressive Auto-crop and Auto-difference work on animated GIFS. Disabling this usually fixes such anomallies but makes the image bigger. I've been able to trick the brower by putting 1 pixel colors at the corners of a new empty bitmap in a shared layer, but in this case, turning off the auto-crop and auto-difference seems to be the way to go. also play around with disposal methods in the Export Preview dialog's Animation tab. That sometimes helps.

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest

  10. #10

    Default animated Gif problem

    Having problems with animated Gif when I publish project. Error message telling
    me that there is a problem with the animated gif xtra either not initiallising
    properly or needing to ensure that it is in the xtras folder

    Well it is in the xtras folder

    Any ideas how to remedy this. I'd be grateful for any help

    ps. not sure really what xtras to include. Is it Usual just to stick them all
    on but I assume this isn't the right way to do it

    boris the spie Guest

  11. #11

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 8:17:41 -0500, boris the spie wrote
    (in message <c0t49l$jt4$1forums.macromedia.com>):
    > Having problems with animated Gif when I publish project. Error message
    > telling
    > me that there is a problem with the animated gif xtra either not
    > initiallising
    > properly or needing to ensure that it is in the xtras folder
    >
    > Well it is in the xtras folder
    >
    > Any ideas how to remedy this. I'd be grateful for any help
    >
    > ps. not sure really what xtras to include. Is it Usual just to stick them
    > all
    > on but I assume this isn't the right way to do it

    .... which "xtras folder" are you sure that it's in?

    Do this, and see if it makes a difference: Before creating your projector, go
    to the modify menu, then movies, then xtras. In the following dialogue, click
    "add" and select "animated gif asset". When you publish this file as a
    projector, the Animated Gif Xtra is automatically included with it - if this
    does not work for you then it seems likely that your xtra has been damaged in
    some way.

    Leo Prendergast
    Team Macromedia Volunteer
    [url]http://macromedia.com/go/team[/url]