Professional Web Applications Themes

Animations - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Have noticed in going to look at Challenge #23 (way behind this week) that I cannot see any of the animations..........the pictures show up as regular pictures, but nothing moves.......also noticed this on another web site picture...... Anybody have any ideas as to why this has happened? I have checked my Internet Options and have made certain that the Play Animations in Web Sites button is checked....... Upgraded to Zone Alarm Plus last week......could this be the problem? If so, any ideas as t how t resolve the issue? Thanks, Lynn...

  1. #1

    Default Animations

    Have noticed in going to look at Challenge #23 (way behind this week) that I cannot see any of the animations..........the pictures show up as regular pictures, but nothing moves.......also noticed this on another web site picture......

    Anybody have any ideas as to why this has happened? I have checked my Internet Options and have made certain that the Play Animations in Web Sites button is checked.......

    Upgraded to Zone Alarm Plus last week......could this be the problem? If so, any ideas as t how t resolve the issue?

    Thanks,
    Lynn
    Lynn D. Green Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Animations

    Lynn,

    Here's <http://www.pbase.com/imacbarb/barbs_animation_gallery> a few more of my animations if you feel like checking them out.

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  3. #3

    Lynn

    If you are trying to look at a large image on PBase Zone Alarm sees them as
    banners and under certain conditions will block them (although the smaller
    images are available). To correct this go into the Private >Main > Custom
    and unclick Banner/Skyscraper Ads and it will work.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  4. #4

    Grant,

    The annimation I made is here : [url]http://www.pbase.com/image/19033827[/url]

    Let me know if you see it or not. Thanks!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  5. #5

    Ray, I'm not Grant....but I see the animation. Works fine!

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  6. #6

    Chuck, I'm Ray... :)

    Thanks!

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    Ray

    Works well here and a very beautiful photo to boot.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  8. #8

    Chuck

    Some days I am not sure that I am Grant

    G.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  9. #9

    Beth

    I read the article on my net news feed. It is the largest number of
    applicants from the US wanting to move to Canada since the Vietnam War
    era. It seems some are becoming disenchanted.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  10. #10

    Dave, maybe it's time to buy some stock in companies that sell cold-weather
    clothing...?

    :-)

    Chuck (owner of many down-filled and Polartec garments....in spite of where
    I live)

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  11. #11

    Chuck

    Canada is a country of warm friendly people. No cold weather clothing is
    needed. In fact in some places, clothing is actually optional <G>.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  12. #12

    Dave, re warm friendly people, very well said - some of the nicest have
    blessed us with their participation on this forum!

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  13. #13

    Grant,

    I followed your second set of instructions and I still cannot view either Ray's (which was the first one to give me problems) or Barb's animations.......the pictures are there, but they don't move........Maybe they are just like I am today......sluggish from the heat?

    Thanks for your help.....if anyone else has any ideas I am open to suggestions.....

    Thanks,
    Lynn
    Lynn D. Green Guest

  14. #14

    Lynn,

    In order for my animations <http://www.pbase.com/imacbarb/barbs_animation_gallery> to move at PBase they must be viewed at the 'Original' size only. They won't move at any other size.

    I know what you mean about "sluggish from the heat", it's only in the low 100's in Dallas today...unfortunately this is normal for July. Never do get used to it...!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  15. #15

    Lynn, it's been in the 80's here lately.....at midnight....!

    Chuck (another barbecued Texan)

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  16. #16

    I'd really be appreciative if you Southerners would take this stuff back! These high 80s and 90s are killin' me! It was 68 degrees outside this morning at 5 a.m., so opening the doors and windows didn't bring down the inside temperature to anything I consider acceptable. White Horse is sounding more and more tempting. What do you suppose hubby would do if he came back from Florida and found me gone?! (Besides cheer.)
    Beth Haney Guest

  17. #17

    Right. But you've got air conditioning!
    Beth Haney Guest

  18. #18

    Yep - and the electric bill to prove it...
    :-(

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  19. #19

    Beth and Dave, thanks :)

    This is actually a sunset taken from the Metropolitain autoroute (it's above
    the ground... ??) while my friend was driving. It was the first time I shot
    a sunset because with the digital cam it's so easy!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  20. #20

    Lynn,

    Thanks, I'm happy you enjoyed them. Glad you figured out what the problem was; troubleshooting some of this computer stuff can send you in all directions.

    You should try animating, it's great fun! There is a tutorial in the Elements Help Menu which got me started...do a search under 'Animation'.

    I've been painting too, so I know what you're talking about with the paint drying almost instantly. Had to start at the crack of dawn, before the temps soar here. Had some siding boards replaced on the house and the painting couldn't wait 'til September. Wish Elements could apply some paint layers on the house over here! Something new for Adobe to develop...

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast