Professional Web Applications Themes

Animations locks up - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I have a basic 4 picture animation on a model website "contact us" page, picture 1 fades out, picture 2 fades in, picture 2 fades out, picture 3 fades in, then after picture 4 returns to pic 1 ...etc. All works fine within flash program and within Dreamweaver, but when the website is uploaded the animation locks up usually between picture 2 - 3.The animation is only about 70Kb in total size, and I have played around with the playhead speed setting,individual picture file sizes, changing the pictures sequence, you name it I've done it ! The interesting thing is ...

  1. #1

    Default Animations locks up

    I have a basic 4 picture animation on a model website "contact us" page, picture 1 fades out, picture 2 fades in, picture 2 fades out, picture 3 fades in, then after picture 4 returns to pic 1 ...etc. All works fine within flash program and within Dreamweaver, but when the website is uploaded the animation locks up usually between picture 2 - 3.The animation is only about 70Kb in total size, and I have played around with the playhead speed setting,individual picture file sizes, changing the pictures sequence, you name it I've done it !

    The interesting thing is that I have an identical flash movie containing different models pictures on the "About Us" webpage, and this works fine.

    Any guidance as to what is causing this welcomed.
    Regards to all

    joned webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Animations locks up

    If you post the URL someone can check it for you.
    tf

    "joned" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I have a basic 4 picture animation on a model website "contact us" page,
    picture 1 fades out, picture 2 fades in, picture 2 fades out, picture 3
    fades in, then after picture 4 returns to pic 1 ...etc. All works fine
    within flash program and within Dreamweaver, but when the website is
    uploaded the animation locks up usually between picture 2 - 3.The animation
    is only about 70Kb in total size, and I have played around with the playhead
    speed setting,individual picture file sizes, changing the pictures sequence,
    you name it I've done it !

    > The interesting thing is that I have an identical flash movie containing
    different models pictures on the "About Us" webpage, and this works fine.

    > Any guidance as to what is causing this welcomed.
    > Regards to all

    tralfaz Guest

  3. #3

    i might not do anything, but its worth a tryu anyway. HAve u tryed added a preloader?

    GilesW webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    The animation is on URL [url]http://www.flyjack.co.uk/draught_models/contact.htm[/url]
    I haven't created a preloader, as an identical movie is on [url]http://www.flyjack.co.uk/draught_models/aboutus.htm[/url] and works ok.
    Thanks, any help apppreciated.

    joned webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    No problems here (WinXP, ADSL, IE6, Flash Player 7) Maybe you should upload
    the fla file somewhere for one of us to download and have a look at.

    John

    Please reply only to the group, so everyone may share
    RESOURCES
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=*flash[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/mx/flash/[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/v1/tipsubmission/maintopic_browse.cfm[/url]

    Laiverd.COM Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks,
    I wonder if certain browsers or P.C' configurations are having problems with the
    animation. Surely there must be a reason, after-all it's a very basic movie.
    I've found the animation locks up on my IBM 'thinkpad' laptop everytime, and on my clients laptop, also apparently on other's, but as I've said, not on my Desktop P.C. I really would like to get to the bottom of this....
    I have uploaded the flash file to
    [url]http://www.je-audiovisual.co.uk/contactus4_models.fla[/url]
    So all are welcome to disect, and come up with a possible solution.
    Thanks so much for your time..
    regards from
    John

    joned webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    Hmm; don't see anything special in there; just simple motion tweening, no
    actionscript. You might wanna check on memory issues; player version etc. of
    the systems where it locks up. Can't think of anything; must be pc-related.

  9. #9

    I don kno about that, its probally a Windows error or something.
    Also your loader said i have a slow connection, i got DSL... I guess it was runing a bit slow today.

    Kidgamez webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest