Professional Web Applications Themes

ANN: Learn to go dynamic with WebAssist Dynamic Site 101 - Dreamweaver AppDev

If you're a Dreamweaver Web designer looking to expand your skill set - and your earning potential - make the leap to dynamic Web sites with WA Dynamic Site 101. WA Dynamic Site 101 combines the know-how and the power tools you need to build both dynamic database-driven Web sites and administrative back ends. Don't know a thing about databases or even where to start? View any of the over 180 QuickTime tutorials from the included CD-Rom from world-renown Virtual Training Company (VTC) and Dreamweaver expert Mark Fletcher to get the knowledge you need at your own pace. Want to ...

  1. #1

    Default ANN: Learn to go dynamic with WebAssist Dynamic Site 101

    If you're a Dreamweaver Web designer looking to expand your skill set - and
    your earning potential - make the leap to dynamic Web sites with WA Dynamic
    Site 101. WA Dynamic Site 101 combines the know-how and the power tools you
    need to build both dynamic database-driven Web sites and administrative back
    ends.

    Don't know a thing about databases or even where to start? View any of the
    over 180 QuickTime tutorials from the included CD-Rom from world-renown
    Virtual Training Company (VTC) and Dreamweaver expert Mark Fletcher to get
    the knowledge you need at your own pace.

    Want to learn from the pros? Use WA Site Import to bring into Dreamweaver
    all or part of a site - static or dynamic - and see for yourself how the
    site was built.

    Ready to build your own administrative backend? Work through any of the
    step-by-step guides found in the Dreamweaver MX 2004 Web Applications
    Recipes book, complete with full site files and over 500 code snippets, to
    get both a hands-on experience and a working app.

    WA Dynamic Site 101 provides more great tools and learning aids as well,
    including WA QueryBuilder, WA Validation Toolkit and WA Validation Toolkit
    Recipes. WA Dynamic Site 101 is more than a beginning course in dynamic Web
    site development - it's the beginning of a whole new business opportunity.

    WA Dynamic Site 101 is regularly $249.99, but, for a limited time (until
    April 6th), forum members can get it for $149.99 by following this link:

    [url]http://www.webassist.com/Products/ProductDetails.asp?PID=69&CouponID=z0iamf&RID=390[/url]

    The extensions in WA Dynamic Site 101 work with Dreamweaver MX and
    Dreamweaver MX 2004, on both Windows and Macintosh. One extension, WA Site
    Import, is not available on the Mac in the initial release due to a conflict
    in Dreamweaver with the Macintosh platform. However, we anticipate resolving
    the issue shortly and plan on releasing a Macintosh version on or around
    April 15, 2005.

    Best - Joe
    Joseph Lowery, Director of Marketing, WebAssist

    Joseph Lowery Guest

  2. #2

    Ever have one of those days...

    I goofed. The link - and price - I put in my announcement is the upgrade
    price for folks who bought WA Intranet Suite; if you fall into that group,
    just log in and you'll see the correct price applied to the cart.

    The time-limited special offer for forum folks is for $199.99 ($50 off) and
    the proper link is:

    [url]http://www.webassist.com/Products/ProductDetails.asp?PID=69&CouponID=erb576&RID=390[/url]

    Sorry for the miscommunication... Joe

  3. #3

    ****Claims of web assist;****
    ?Visual Process, never done data bases, don?t worry!?
    Simple & reliable user experience - reduces complexity.
    Get your store online in record time.?

    Hummm?.
    I am now about 200 hours into trying to get Web assist product to work.
    I attempted first by starting on recipe one php. After about 40 hours on that,
    could get nothing to work. Then I started the user authentication. Nothing
    worked after 20 hours of effort.
    Therefore, I ordered the book. After 100 hours, I am stuck on page 75. I go
    to the forums and see people stuck in the same places that I am. There seems
    to be many inherent problems with this product.

    For instance, the code snippets provided in the tutorials vary greatly than
    what the book says. I find the writing to be vague, and lack a general
    coherence. I have hand coded most of my work up to this point. I find the
    claims that this is a simple and reliable product to be false.

    After $400 and 200 hours and being only on page 74, I find this product
    greatly discouraging Then the purchaser is left with an oceanic forum to sift
    through to figure out why their product is so difficult to use.

    Peter Forster Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Peter,

    Sorry you're not having a better experience with the book. If you want to
    send me your files zipped up, I'll try to figure out what the problem is.

    Best - Joe