Professional Web Applications Themes

[ANN] MacSOUP 2.6b1 (beta) available - Mac Networking

The first beta version of MacSOUP 2.6 is available. Changes since 2.5: - Supports SMTP authentication. - Uses the system-wide address book on Mac OS X 10.2 and later. - Address auto-completion in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in outgoing messages. - A filter field at the top of the subject window that allows you to narrow down the list to only those articles whose author or subject contains a certain substring. - Ability to filter mail by arbitrary headers, not just the couple of predefined ones. Useful to filter mail by headers like "X-Spam-Classification:" which are added by ...

  1. #1

    Default [ANN] MacSOUP 2.6b1 (beta) available

    The first beta version of MacSOUP 2.6 is available.

    Changes since 2.5:

    - Supports SMTP authentication.
    - Uses the system-wide address book on Mac OS X 10.2 and later.
    - Address auto-completion in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in outgoing
    messages.
    - A filter field at the top of the subject window that allows you to
    narrow down the list to only those articles whose author or subject
    contains a certain substring.
    - Ability to filter mail by arbitrary headers, not just the couple of
    predefined ones. Useful to filter mail by headers like
    "X-Spam-Classification:" which are added by spam filters such as
    POPFile or SpamBayes.
    - Several bug fixes and performance improvements. In particular,
    searching (non-regexp) has become much faster.

    Available from:

    <http://home.snafu.de/stk/macsoup/>

    --
    Stefan Haller
    Berlin, Germany

  2. #2

    Default Re: [ANN] MacSOUP 2.6b1 (beta) available

    Stefan Haller <de> wrote:

    Stefan, everytime I open one of my 4 Setting Files, MacSOUP asks me to
    covert the file to the new format, but this happens everytime, as if the
    conversion is not somehow saved... can you check it & let us know? Txs.

    --
    M Guest

  3. #3

    Stefan Haller <de> wrote:

    Excellent news, thanks Stefan.

    Will MacSOUP ever be able to access OSX's spell checking?

    It may be down to all that Carbon v Cocoa application stuff I simply
    don't understand.
    :-\

    Cheers,
    Tony
    --
    Newcastle upon Tyne, England

    (Email address is valid ... for now)
    Tony Guest

  4. #4

    M <com> wrote:

    > Stefan, everytime I open one of my 4 Setting Files, MacSOUP asks me to
    > covert the file to the new format, but this happens everytime, as if the
    > conversion is not somehow saved[/ref]

    Same phenomenon here. I'm going to try starting my setting file over
    from scratch and see if that fixes it... m.

    --
    matt neuburg, phd = com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
    AppleScript: The Definitive Guide

  5. #5

    matt neuburg <com> wrote:

    > > Stefan, everytime I open one of my 4 Setting Files, MacSOUP asks me to
    > > covert the file to the new format, but this happens everytime, as if the
    > > conversion is not somehow saved[/ref]
    >
    > Same phenomenon here. I'm going to try starting my setting file over
    > from scratch and see if that fixes it... m.[/ref]

    I had to throw *everything* away (both the setting file and the existing
    messages database) in order to get rid of this conversion dialog. Hope
    this info helps somehow - m.

  6. #6

    M <com> wrote:

    > Stefan, everytime I open one of my 4 Setting Files, MacSOUP asks me to
    > covert the file to the new format, but this happens everytime, as if the
    > conversion is not somehow saved... can you check it & let us know? Txs.[/ref]

    Yes, I think I found a bug there. MacSOUP updates the mailboxes file
    but doesn't write it back. To make it stick, simply make an arbitrary
    change to your mailboxes; for example, change the name of your main
    mailbox. (You can immediately change it back.)

    Let me know if this helps.

    --
    Stefan Haller
    Berlin, Germany

  7. #7

    Tony Hall <net> wrote:

    Yes! I constantly tout MacSoup as the best newsgroup reader in the
    world, but spell checking is the one big missing item. Add that, and I
    will change my description to "best in the galaxy"! :-)

    --
    - Burt Johnson
    MindStorm, Inc.

  8. #8

    Stefan Haller <de> wrote:

    Works perfectly, txs! :-)

    --
    "E si arrangi chi ha paura del caviale"
    'Nel Ghetto' - A.Radius.

  9. #9

    Stefan Haller <de> wrote:

    yes, great!

    --
    M Guest

  10. #10

    Burt Johnson <com> wrote:

    > Yes! I constantly tout MacSoup as the best newsgroup reader in the
    > world, but spell checking is the one big missing item. Add that, and I
    > will change my description to "best in the galaxy"! :-)[/ref]

    There are more important mising capabilities.

    Googling on: MacSoup wish list
    will turn up some,

    Jan
    J. Guest

  11. #11

    Default [ANN] MacSOUP F-2.6b1 (beta) available

    In article (Dans l'article) <1g7kl2m.sa0fo4spzbzwN%de>,
    Stefan Haller <de> wrote (écrivait):

    The French version, F-2.6b1, of MacSOUP is now available at
    <ftp://ftp.sri.ucl.ac.be/pub/News/MacSOUP/>.

    And maybe soon on one of the mirrors :

    <ftp://ftp.calvacom.fr/pub/mac-fr/>
    <ftp://ftp.oleane.fr/pub/mirrors/version-francaise/>
    <ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.sri.ucl.ac.be/>
    <ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/Mac/UCL/>
    <ftp://ftp.cidif.org/mac/>
    <ftp://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.sri.ucl.ac.be/pub/>

    --
    Jean-Pierre Kuypers
    J.P. Guest

  12. #12

    Stefan Haller <de> wrote:

    [snip]

    Will it run under 8.6 like 2.5 did? Anyone test this?

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Guest

  13. #13

    Jamie Kahn Genet <co.nz> wrote:

    I didn't test it, but I would be very suprised if it didn't.

    --
    Stefan Haller
    Berlin, Germany

  14. #14

    Stefan Haller <de> wrote:

    > I didn't test it, but I would be very suprised if it didn't.[/ref]

    Using it now on 8.6. No probs so far. Nice job Stefan.
    Ivor Guest

  15. #15

    Ivor Gleek <freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    > > I didn't test it, but I would be very suprised if it didn't.[/ref]
    >
    > Using it now on 8.6. No probs so far. Nice job Stefan.[/ref]

    Agreed.

    Why do I get a warning message about the settings format changing every
    time I start MacSOUP? Just curious.

    --

    Peter
    Peter Guest

  16. #16

    Peter Hayes <demon.co.uk> wrote:

    That's a bug. Make a trivial change to the configuration of one of your
    mailboxes (like changing the name of your main mailbox, and changing it
    back again), this should solve it.

    --
    Stefan Haller
    Berlin, Germany

  17. #17

    In article <1g7n9v7.286hfd1b2qr9pN%de>,
    de (Stefan Haller) wrote:

    ---

    I added a mail box then deleted it. That fixed the situation.

    Minor thing.
    D. Guest

  18. #18

    Ivor Gleek <freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    > > I didn't test it, but I would be very suprised if it didn't.[/ref]
    >
    > Using it now on 8.6. No probs so far. Nice job Stefan.[/ref]

    Thanks Ivor, cheers Stefan!

    Say Stefan, have you ever considered writing any other Mac shareware? I
    love MacSOUP and am more than a little curious what it's author might do
    with another type of application.

    Also, I'd just like to thank you for all the effort you've put into
    upgrading MacSOUP recently. It feels like I ought to have paid at least
    one other shareware fee by now (for 2.5), and I certainly would never
    hesitate to do so in the future.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    --
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
    is that it has never tried to contact us." - Calvin and Hobbes (Bill

  19. #19

    Jamie Kahn Genet <co.nz> wrote:

    My main job doesn't leave me nearly as much time for MacSOUP than I
    would like to spend on it, so starting yet another shareware project is
    absolutely out of the question.

    --
    Stefan Haller
    Berlin, Germany

  20. #20

    Jamie Kahn Genet <co.nz> wrote:

    That was how I felt when Stefan brought out v2.5, so I did pay again and
    it was accepted. This is already a great newsreader and I'm so glad he
    is still improving it.

    --
    Kathy
    Kathy Guest