Just to let you know, I've updated macstl to 0.1.3, which now works
with Metrowerks Codewarrior 9. The new version also features 65,566
different generated Altivec constants, and all the standard Altivec
operators in a neat object-oriented package. I've listened to my users
and wrote over 100 new pages of reference doentation on the website
and a comprehensive unit test regime.

macstl is a C++ source library designed to bring the Macintosh into the
world of modern generic programming. The cornerstone is a fast valarray
optimized for Altivec: it runs 3.9x - 18.2x faster than gcc 3.3
libstdc++ and 5.2x - 16.2x faster than Metrowerks MSL C++. Developers
unfamiliar with Altivec can write to a portable, intuitive and standard
component, and just flicking a single compiler switch will make it run
fast on a G4 or G5, or run correctly on other non-Altivec systems.

[url]http://www.pixelglow.com/macstl/[/url]

Programmers who want to get down and dirty with direct Altivec
programming now get the full benefit of working with C++ classes,
including intuitive infix syntax for arithmetic operators, sensible
function overloading and most of the valarray functionality, like
cshifting and summing within a vector. An aggressive optimizer like gcc
means the objects and temporaries will live inside registers and not
touch memory. And Holger Bettag's famous 65536 + 30 generated constants
are now in a convenient template function, allowing neat tricks like
compile-time arithmetic for constant selection.

The license is BSD-like, which means you can change, redistribute,
resell, chop up or burn the source code to your heart's content without
fee. However, if you want to compile into object code for more than 30
days, you should register a single developer for $99 or a site for
$499. Object code is similarly free from royalties and additional fees,
and you get priority support and a share of subsequent fees for code
and debug contributions.

Cheers,
Glen Low, Pixelglow Software
[url]www.pixelglow.com[/url]