Professional Web Applications Themes

[ANN] Public Beta Test for new FileMaker Plugin - FileMaker

Have you ever wanted to integrate the telephone system into your FileMaker solutions? Now you can! FP Telephony Inc., have been working to integrate FileMaker with Windows tapi devices since the spring of 2002. Now as we prepare to launch this dynamic plugin we are asking for your assistance in a limited public beta test. This news group is the only place this message is being posted and we hope to get enough responses to complete our testing to make sure our new software is ready for market. If you assist us we will provide you with a free license ...

  1. #1

    Default [ANN] Public Beta Test for new FileMaker Plugin

    Have you ever wanted to integrate the telephone system into your
    FileMaker solutions?

    Now you can!

    FP Telephony Inc., have been working to integrate FileMaker with
    Windows tapi devices since the spring of 2002. Now as we prepare to
    launch this dynamic plugin we are asking for your assistance in a
    limited public beta test. This news group is the only place this
    message is being posted and we hope to get enough responses to
    complete our testing to make sure our new software is ready for
    market.

    If you assist us we will provide you with a free license for this very
    powerful plugin after it is officially released, but only if you are
    one of the first 10 people to respond and complete our requirements.

    This is what you will need to participate:

    1. Windows OS (98, Me, W2K, XP)
    2. Voice modem or telephony board
    3. FileMaker versions 5.0 or higher
    4. Call display on your telephone line (highly recommended)

    This is what we ask of people who are interested:

    Send an email to [email]inquiriesfptelephony.com[/email] stating your desire to
    participate in the beta test (or if you need more information before
    deciding), including the following 3 pieces of information:

    1. A valid email address you can be reached
    2. The make and model of your voice modem / telephony device
    3. Your FileMaker and Windows version

    After receiving this information, we will contact you shortly by email
    and let you know how to download our beta version of the plugin.

    After that, we will want you to install the plugin, test the included
    examples out, and then fill out a short questionnaire on what you have
    found. We will give more specific information as to exactly want we
    want to the people who express interest in participating. It will not
    be an excessive amount of work for beta testers, estimated at 2 to 5
    hours.

    The FP Telephony plugin is a powerful FileMaker plugin that will allow
    you to create robust computer telephony applications easily. It uses
    the Windows tapi standard so it will work on a wide variety of
    hardware devices from inexpensive voice modems to full featured
    telephony boards. Unfortunately since tapi is a Windows api, this
    plugin will currently only work on the Windows platform at this time.

    Some possible uses for the FP Telephony plugin:

    - log all incoming calls with caller ID in a Filemaker table and cross
    reference them to a contact table
    - create a full featured answering machine
    - create a voice response IVR system
    - create an auto-dialer announcement application
    - allow customers to check their account information over the phone
    - take automated credit card orders over the phone
    - record all incoming and outgoing conversations for future reference

    Thank you for your assistance, we hope to hear from you soon.

    FP Telephony Team
    FP Telephony Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [ANN] Public Beta Test for new FileMaker Plugin

    FP Telephony <inquiriesfptelephony.com> wrote:
    > Have you ever wanted to integrate the telephone system into your
    > FileMaker solutions?
    >
    > Now you can!
    >
    > FP Telephony Inc.,
    Darn! For a minute there I thought they said "Telepathy" and I got all
    excited.... ;)
    --
    Lynn Allen Allen & Allen Semiotics
    FSA Associate Filemaker Consulting & Training

  3. #3

    I've got that telepathy plug-in and I *knew* you were going to say that.

    Lynn allen wrote:
    > FP Telephony <inquiriesfptelephony.com> wrote:
    >>Have you ever wanted to integrate the telephone system into your
    >>FileMaker solutions?
    >>
    >>FP Telephony Inc.,
    >
    > Darn! For a minute there I thought they said "Telepathy" and I got all
    > excited.... ;)
    Howard Schlossberg (818) 883-2846
    FM Pro Solutions Los Angeles, California

    Howard Schlossberg Guest