Professional Web Applications Themes

ANN: STYLES! Is Born! - Macromedia Fireworks

On 7/28/2003 3:38 PM, Coen Naninck wrote: > Saw, came, delivered: Styles! is born. > > An initiative by Billy Ray. Redesigned by yours truly. > > Check it out at: [url]http://members.home.nl/ccnk/style[/url] > > (I appreciate some feedback) I think you and Bill are going to have a lot of fun with that, Coen. :-) Linda R. -------...

  1. #1

    Default Re: ANN: STYLES! Is Born!

    On 7/28/2003 3:38 PM, Coen Naninck wrote:
    > Saw, came, delivered: Styles! is born.
    >
    > An initiative by Billy Ray. Redesigned by yours truly.
    >
    > Check it out at: [url]http://members.home.nl/ccnk/style[/url]
    >
    > (I appreciate some feedback)
    I think you and Bill are going to have a lot of fun with that, Coen. :-)

    Linda R.
    -------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  2. #2

    Yeah put someone else's up there-

    I'm very flattered. Thanks Coen!!

    I think Coen and I are doppelgangers of sorts.......

    Very cool nonetheless!!!

    BR

    "Linda Rathgeber" <lightlysc.rr.com> wrote in message

    > On 7/28/2003 3:38 PM, Coen Naninck wrote:
    > > Saw, came, delivered: Styles! is born.
    > >
    > > An initiative by Billy Ray. Redesigned by yours truly.
    > >
    > > Check it out at: [url]http://members.home.nl/ccnk/style[/url]
    > >
    > > (I appreciate some feedback)
    >
    > I think you and Bill are going to have a lot of fun with that, Coen. :-)
    >
    > Linda R.
    > -------

    Bill Ray Guest

  3. #3

    Well,

    47 hits in the last two hours.
    2 comments/replies.

    What can I say,.. they adore yah... (*sniff*)

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

    Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    Thank you.

    E-mail & MSN: [email]ccnkhome.nl[/email]
    Corporate: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    Coen Naninck Guest

  4. #4

    If you could find a way to tap and bottle your enthusiasm, Coen, I'd
    sell it for you and we'd both make a fortune. :-)

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  5. #5

    Coen, I don't know if this is something you can fix, but when I go to the
    link of Linda's styles, I can't go back using the "back" button on Mozilla.

    Site looks great, though! Can't wait until I've learned all the **other**
    stuff I have to learn before delving into Fireworks a bit more deeply.

    Bonnie

    "Coen Naninck" <ccnkhome.nl> wrote in message
    > Well,
    >
    > 47 hits in the last two hours.
    > 2 comments/replies.
    >
    > What can I say,.. they adore yah... (*sniff*)
    >
    > Bill Ray wrote:
    > > Yeah put someone else's up there-
    > >
    > > I'm very flattered. Thanks Coen!!
    > >
    > > I think Coen and I are doppelgangers of sorts.......
    > >
    > > Very cool nonetheless!!!
    > >

    > > BR
    > >

    > > "Linda Rathgeber" <lightlysc.rr.com> wrote in message

    > >>I think you and Bill are going to have a lot of fun with that, Coen. :-)
    > >>
    > >>Linda R.
    > >>-------
    > >>

    > --
    > Good luck!
    >
    > Coen Naninck
    > _______________________________
    >
    > Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    > on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    > can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    > just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > E-mail & MSN: [email]ccnkhome.nl[/email]
    > Corporate: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    Bonnie In Sacramento Guest

  6. #6

    >> Coen, I don't know if this is something you can fix, but when I go to the
    >> link of Linda's styles, I can't go back using the "back" button on
    Mozilla.
    'Cause he opened it in a new window... and that window has no history so the
    back button is disabled. It's pretty much working as designed, as the same
    thing happens in IE 6.

    Hope today is a good day for lawyers ;o)

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Bonnie In Sacramento" <Bonnieinfostations.net> wrote in message
    > Coen, I don't know if this is something you can fix, but when I go to the
    > link of Linda's styles, I can't go back using the "back" button on
    Mozilla.

    > Site looks great, though! Can't wait until I've learned all the **other**
    > stuff I have to learn before delving into Fireworks a bit more deeply.
    >
    > Bonnie

    Sam Poikail Guest

  7. #7

    "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > 'Cause he opened it in a new window... and that window has no history so
    the
    > back button is disabled. It's pretty much working as designed, as the same
    > thing happens in IE 6.
    So, if I understand you correctly, if I display a link to a "favorite" site
    or something on my page and the user clicks it, he/she will be able to
    return "home" with the back button, but if I cause the click on the link to
    open a new window, he/she will not? Why open in a new window--doesn't
    clicking the link automatically take you to a new browser window where the
    site resides? (I'm not being argumentative--I'm too new at this to be a
    smart-ss!)
    > Hope today is a good day for lawyers ;o)
    Thanks, Sam! It is for this one...since I had an M.D. appt., I took off
    from work early, the biopsy was negative, Molly Holzschlag's book arrived
    from Amazon.com last night, my kitties are on the couch with me an my
    'puter, grooming each other instead of fighting or barfing, and the
    temperature has dropped back to about 90. All I need for perfect
    contentment is for Project VII and thepattysite to be up and running again!

    Take care,
    Bonnie

    Bonnie In Sacramento Guest

  8. #8

    > So, if I understand you correctly, if I display a link to a "favorite"
    site
    > or something on my page and the user clicks it, he/she will be able to
    > return "home" with the back button, but if I cause the click on the link
    > open a new window, he/she will not?
    If by "home" you mean the previous URL, that is correct.
    >Why open in a new window--doesn't clicking the link automatically take you
    to a new browser window where the
    > site resides?
    Why? Well, that would be a matter of... style (oops... sorry... couldn't
    resist).

    The hyperlink was defined as:
    <a
    href="http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/rathgeber_sampfile
    s.html" target="_blank">

    The "target" parameter with "_blank" causes it to be opened in a new window
    with a new and empty browsing history. If the parameter had been omitted it
    would have been opened in the current browser window and the previous URL
    would have been added to the history list (hence, "BACK" would have been
    functional).

    The whole topic of opening new windows has been hashed over in several
    debates of varying vehemence.

    For a while back there, Microsoft use to open a majority of external (to
    their site) links in new windows. However, all of these were flagged with a
    little icon of an arrow point to a globe ("you are now detouring to the
    outside world). I have seen some sites that do this in a new framed window
    and the upper frame is a disclaimer that the new content is external to
    their site and the bear no responsibility for it.

    Depending on the context their are probably good arguments for both methods.
    In the best of all possible worlds, if the pages were being dynamically
    generated, an unobtrusive toggle in the navigation area could let the user
    decide how things should work.
    >since I had an M.D. appt., I took off from work early, the biopsy was
    negative
    Glad to hear about the results and hopefully you got to take advantage of
    the rest of the day for less stressful matters.
    > Molly Holzschlag's book arrived from Amazon.com last night
    I recently picked up her "Cascading Style Sheets: The Designer's Edge" a
    little while back and as overused as the phrase is... she really does ROCK.
    The book is nicely laid out, with progressive examples, good use of white
    space for tired eyes and clear explanations and diagrams. There would be
    worse ways to spend one's time than with that book and a copy of Nick
    Bradbury's (Bradsoft) Topstyle program. Which book did you end up getting?
    ("Whatcha Got?")
    > my kitties are on the couch with me an my 'puter
    They are very good a finding the best seats in the house.
    >grooming each other instead of fighting or barfing
    Cats don't fight.... that have enthusiastic intellectual arguments that we
    are privy to. On the other hand, the whole barfing thing is up for
    anthropological and psychological debate ;o)
    >All I need for perfect contentment is for Project VII and thepattysite to
    be up and running again!
    A rather large (and growing) contingent seems to share your sentiment in
    that regard (especially since Al has mention, but not provided details....
    "shhhh.... quiet... we're hunting rabbits" for a "the mother of all
    extensions" that PVII will be releasing soon).

    Regards,

    > "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > 'Cause he opened it in a new window... and that window has no history so
    > the
    > > back button is disabled. It's pretty much working as designed, as the
    same
    > > thing happens in IE 6.
    >
    > So, if I understand you correctly, if I display a link to a "favorite"
    site
    > or something on my page and the user clicks it, he/she will be able to
    > return "home" with the back button, but if I cause the click on the link
    > open a new window, he/she will not? Why open in a new window--doesn't
    > clicking the link automatically take you to a new browser window where the
    > site resides? (I'm not being argumentative--I'm too new at this to be a
    > smart-ss!)
    >
    > > Hope today is a good day for lawyers ;o)
    >
    > Thanks, Sam! It is for this one...since I had an M.D. appt., I took off
    > from work early, the biopsy was negative, Molly Holzschlag's book arrived
    > from Amazon.com last night, my kitties are on the couch with me an my
    > 'puter, grooming each other instead of fighting or barfing, and the
    > temperature has dropped back to about 90. All I need for perfect
    > contentment is for Project VII and thepattysite to be up and running
    again!

    > Take care,
    > Bonnie

    Sam Poikail Guest

  9. #9

    "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfhotmail.com> wrote in message
    << I recently picked up her [Molly Holzschlag]
    "Cascading Style Sheets: The Designer's Edge" a little while back and as
    overused as the phrase is... she really does ROCK. The book is nicely laid
    out, with progressive examples, good use of white space for tired eyes and
    clear explanations and diagrams. There would be worse ways to spend one's
    time than with that book and a copy of Nick Bradbury's (Bradsoft) Topstyle
    program. Which book did you end up getting? ("Whatcha Got?") >>

    Sam, that's exactly the one I got. I just love it! I have been working
    with the free version of Topstyle but am going to bite the bullet and get
    the real thing from David Power's site this weekend, I think.

    Thanks for the kind words--the M.D. thing was just a skin cancer--it's what
    I get for growing up in Tucson with an Irish complexion, but guys--when you
    start getting bumps and warty things, **DO** check them out!!!

    --
    Bonnie in Sacramento
    kroko

    Bonnie In Sacramento Guest

  10. #10

    Hi Bonnie!

    Been going through some old posts/replies at the "regular" ;-) forum
    (LOL! for those that catch my drift haha). I don't know about the Back
    button. Let me try this right now: That shouldn't happen because I let
    the browser open it in another window. What version of Mozilla are you
    using Bonnie? I'm on Firebird 0.6.1.

    Thanks for the comments!

    Bonnie In Sacramento wrote:
    > Coen, I don't know if this is something you can fix, but when I go to the
    > link of Linda's styles, I can't go back using the "back" button on Mozilla.
    >
    > Site looks great, though! Can't wait until I've learned all the **other**
    > stuff I have to learn before delving into Fireworks a bit more deeply.
    >
    > Bonnie
    >

    > "Coen Naninck" <ccnkhome.nl> wrote in message
    >
    >>Well,
    >>
    >>47 hits in the last two hours.
    >>2 comments/replies.
    >>
    >>What can I say,.. they adore yah... (*sniff*)
    >>
    >>Bill Ray wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yeah put someone else's up there-
    >>>
    >>>I'm very flattered. Thanks Coen!!
    >>>
    >>>I think Coen and I are doppelgangers of sorts.......
    >>>
    >>>Very cool nonetheless!!!
    >>>

    >>>BR
    >>>

    >>>"Linda Rathgeber" <lightlysc.rr.com> wrote in message

    >>--
    >>Good luck!
    >>
    >>Coen Naninck
    >>_______________________________
    >>
    >>Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    >>on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    >>can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    >>just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.
    >>
    >>Thank you.
    >>
    >>E-mail & MSN: [email]ccnkhome.nl[/email]
    >>Corporate: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    --

    Kind regards,

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

    Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post
    them on the Forum instead. I can't contribute my time I have in
    this Forum to also answering questions outside the Forum. It just
    takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    If you are sending me a file on my own request for help purposes,
    then please include the thread subject header.

    Thank you.

    E-mail : [email]ccnkHAHAhome.nl[/email]
    Business: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    Coen Naninck Guest

  11. #11

    Opening in a new window is a nice touch for the visitor of your site,
    because it leaves the other site open whilst being able to view the new
    one. You can also control this yourself by rightclicking in Windows,
    then choose Open in New Window.

    --

    Kind regards,

    Coen Naninck